1.1.2 Patch Notes

"
TheLurker wrote:
Hmmmm.

Too bad the continuing boss nerfs came too little too late to keep tons of people from already leaving.

Maybe next league, Chris.

Yep, and the last 'balance' patch had "Substantially rebalanced" those bosses and they still wiped you immediately from off the screen. Again, wait and see for me.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
So the smoke mine change; Did they make it where minions don't teleport back to you at all when you run away from enemies? If not, it looks like the smoke mine change isnt really that big, just a slight delay while you take a few steps after smoke mine to draw your minions to you.
Hey...is this thing on?
"
Jadran wrote:

Why, why would you delete it? Because of a nerf of some aspects of a particular summoner build, that happens to be the flavor of the month currently?

Zombie dogs are quite fun at the moment :P
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
bredin wrote:
ffs summoners...

Initial test of evangelists is their shield lasts about 8 seconds. That is a very long time. Its not off all that long either.

Cope.

Smoke Mine? you have room for SM?
I direct my minions to move and attack by dropping skeletons. Only the Tunnel map is an issue atm.

Minions arent meant to be the brightest, and shouldnt do *all* you work for you.

recall that at one time minions did not persist across zones, and tended to run off into the distance for no reason at all, vanishing if they got too far from you. That was bad times.

4 Evangelists still fuck everything and are protected much of the time. And my guys are low atm cos im relevelling the gems after using the 20% recipe (currently l13 gems).

Harden Up, fellas.

B.

Yes, this guy understands. Thank you sir.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
p00phAmmeR wrote:
oh yeah not to mention they will charge into death now and i have no way of telling them to pull back so they dont just suicide

+1, no more avoiding Vaal Smash on Maze(74) maps.
"
BoswerLK wrote:
"
Maxsheld wrote:
"
DLKY wrote:
I really don't agree with the changes to smoke mine, minions tend to get stuck or go down the wrong corridor and having them to reposition was a real pain before smoke mine. Unless there has been an improvement to minion path finding or a better way to control/direct them, the gems functionality should stay as is.

This.

+1

"
LadyAlekto wrote:
Am i the only summoner that care less about the smokemine?

If you spec your minions right and dont mind running away in times of need, recasting as you go, you dont need somthing that brings your minions to you, hell half the time i dont want my army to follow me, they should facetank whatever i ran from.

(why i love my skeleton totems, they are good little soldiers holding the line)

have fun running halfway around the map cuz your minions got themselves stuck on the wrong side of a wall in a map with doorways

not to mention having them wipe on every vaal smash/touch of god

This, there is stuff in this game you just cannot tank. You are not meant to. So how is this balanced? Slow obvious windups so you can dodge. MINNIONS DO NOT DODGE. vaal smash? RIP minnions. Dominus decides its time to do some god molesting? RIP minnions.

I agree 100% with the evangelist nerf, it is justified. But the one skill to controll you minnions is removed? WTF?

IGN: CuteLittleArsonist / BobTheBro / MuchIIQsuchLoot
I'm up to 74 maps at the moment using a hybrid summoner build, and I had no idea Smoke Mine was used by so many people for their minions. I recall exactly twice when I was wondering where my 3 other zombies were, and I did quite a bit of indoor maps. Flesh offering is the only nerf that affects me, but I don't think I would really notice the difference. My arc traps on the other hand! Woop.

I'm sure you other summoners will be fine; if you're gonna quit over this please give me your stuff (you can keep your smoke mine gem) ;)
When will summoner snapshotting be removed? It is a stupid unintended mechanic, it is bad enough that you loose all minions on a disconnect, the fact that you also have to switch a ton of gear to summon them, or just suffer huge survivability / damage loss, is painful.

Just remove the stupid mechanic and rebalance minions so that you actually have to wear the items to have their effects applied to minions.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
I am glad to know that eventually there will come a time that summoners will be the reason most mobs are easier, as no matter what we use it gets nerfed in some form or fashion.
I love pie.
"
dlrr wrote:
i have a summoner and i love the fact that smoke mine and evangelists got nerfed

those felt like the default options which i really did not enjoy

those moaning about the summoner nerfs should be aware that these 2 were pretty recent additions and that summoners have always been viable to begin with. you don't need to respec your tree OR level a new main gem. it's only the supports that change which, really, isn't that big a deal.

i do agree, however, that some sort of "come to me!" mechanic would be nice for summoners. i'm just casting desecrate on the ground now to get them to move, but that just feels clunky and odd.

Arc buffs! Cleave buffs! Love!

And arctic breath may FINALLY be end game viable! :D

rejuv totem seems to work well.

the AI of summons is still not too good. But hey, they are mindless zombies, how good could it be ?

Between rejuv totem and a "tagging" spell - arc works well- things seem to go OK.

The biggest problem is that they still get killed too easily. I was losing zombies with 7k life AND BONE OFFERING to voidbears in a level 67 map. That's f'ed up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info