1.1.2 Patch Notes

By the way, I would think snapshotting should be removed first. I mean, its been around and has been exploited to oblivion for a very long time, so I'd think prioritizing its removal would be more important than dumping an 'ease of life' feature from smoke mine.

Never used smoke mine myself, given that I didn't know it was capable of warping minions, but apparently a lot of other summoners did.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Am I missing something? Or are all these people actually complaining because a skill that's description reads

"
Places a mine that will teleport you to it when detonated. It covers both your escape and arrival with a cloud of smoke that blinds enemies, and gives you a temporary buff to movement speed.

could be (ab)used as an instant summon of their minions, regardless of where the minions are at the time in the map? It is obviously not intended as such, the whole skill is portrayed as a personal escape.

I've mapped with two summoners now, never used smoke mine. Mapping as a moderately equipped yet knoweledgable summoner is a cake-walk.

Smokemine is for chumps. GGG snatched your crutch. Grow and adapt, or cry on the floor.

Tho I would love a specific Summon Minion skill. Maybe we'll get the genuine article if the QQ is strong enough.

Keep it up guys!
"
Someone suggested a means to command minions in smaller ways, and I was wondering if assigning a hotkey with the ability to call minions to the cursor point or simply too your position would be a good idea. we already have mine detonation hotkey'd in a similar way, so a simple command would be pretty handy. It'd be a nice quality of life buff to summoner builds

This is in the game, now. It's called the shift key.

Hold down shift, click somewhere, and off they go.
So why wasn't glacial cascade considered a projectile? From my initial testing it seems to suffer from the fact that it plays like a straight line projectile yet cannot benefit from any of the wide variety of supports that would give this skill some amazing usage. As of now it doesn't seem to have much utility.
Tooltip for Fireball + Conc Effect still doesn't work... Btw some Ppl even don't know that Fireball is AoE spell cause they can't read carefully.
IGN:Baka_Sensei
My Little Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/263282
"
Smokemine is for chumps. GGG snatched your crutch. Grow and adapt, or cry on the floor.

... You realize people used it because summons have huge issues in indoor maps, right? They often get stuck in another room or in some corner. People are upset since the only way to control and regroup your summons was removed.

There is lots of undeserved vitriol in this topic but you insulting people does not help. Smokemine was not OP by any means or particularly abusive. It made up for weak pet AI.
As always, looks awesome. Thanks!
BM 2H Big Physical Bigger AoE Ground Slam guide [1.3 Torment] - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1174531
wow are you serious? Nerfing glacial hammer? What because lvl 8s in cutthroat are too strong? Re balance the damn gem so its less cold damage and freeze but does more phys damage, dont just ruin the fucking gem for pvp completely. Now people will just use other weapons hybrid phys/cold elemental and have a much higher success rate than GH. GH in organized PVP still doesnt even come close to standing a chance before the nerf, now they are 30% less effective? O and on top of it all theres cannot be frozen and dispel frozen and chilled flasks and people over stack res.............GET SOME PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO BALANCE PVP.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
I used smoke mine to control my clunky minions and pull them out of dangerous situations / going completely the wrong way. I didn't run 3 evangelists, I ran 2 for the defensive aspect, and a flame sentinel. They are too good because they cast AN AOE PHYSICAL DAMAGE SPELL while providing excellent defense. There was no need to get others spectres, but now instead of being forced to get a DPS spectre the build died....
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
By the way, I would think snapshotting should be removed first. I mean, its been around and has been exploited to oblivion for a very long time, so I'd think prioritizing its removal would be more important than dumping an 'ease of life' feature from smoke mine.

Is there a clear position from the devs on snapshotting?

I feel like I've read some mixed feelings from the devs on gem snapshotting, in so much as them liking the idea of different spectres being able to have different supports.

Or maybe I just dreamt it?

I think they are against item snapshotting tho. Or maybe I really did dream all of this, and I'm just projecting my own opinion...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info