1.1.2 Patch Notes

Smoke Mine has always had the functionality of teleporting you and your minion army to the mine's location. Was this not an intended use of the skill? Minion AI can be very frustrating in maps, and the only way to ensure you always have your army by your side in the action is to use smoke mine.

I've been playing as a summoner since the game's release, and this has always been my favourite gem. It's the single greatest tool for surviving 76+ maps as a summoner. Also, maps like the Mine are all but unplayable without using it to call your bumbling zombies to you from the other side of walls.

I've been thrilled to see that a large number of my minion raising brethren have finally caught on to the skill's capacity to overcome dodgy minion AI. I'm disappointed to see it's functionality stripped, but I'm more interested to know why this change is coming now.

Chris, could you possibly comment on this? I'm curious on what basis it is necessary? I'm sure it's got to be difficult to program minions to not constantly get themselves stuck, but as long as that issue exists, is it really necessary to remove our only tool for overcoming it?

Thanks!
IGN: DarkFridge
Last edited by Shadowhope on Apr 7, 2014, 3:06:37 AM
Smoke Mine is still very OP, nerf plz
IGN: Sin
"
Chris wrote:

Balance:
  • Atziri now removes curses correctly when she enters her mirror phase.

So, after all those scrubs abused the shit of curses, and you have rewarded them for dooing that, it is time to "fix" the issue.

Out-fucking-standing.

If you ask me, i don't know how you can fail more...
"
AlexOP wrote:
Nice, the patch notes are here! Thx GGG
Edit: Substantial nerf to summoner, well i think... , is this gonna screw up most summoner lol?

Simple fix: Increased duration gem.

If you don't wanna do that, then flame sentinels and tentacle miscreations are still great options.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
maxkardinal wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Balance:
  • Atziri now removes curses correctly when she enters her mirror phase.

So, after all those scrubs abused the shit of curses, and you have rewarded them for dooing that, it is time to "fix" the issue.

Out-fucking-standing.

If you ask me, i don't know how you can fail more...

No one abused curses. They used curses correctly, aztiri is just meant not to keep the curses as she changes phases.
Great! Too bad I already died to your overtuned invaders THREE days ago that took how long to fix? Don't you think things like this should be hotfixed in asap? You sure fixed the Bug mobs quickly when they were broken and even revived the ones that died. That's okay though. It is a game afterall, right?
ign: Vixien
"
BldSwtTrs wrote:
Chris, the evangelist nerf is understandable, but the smoke mine nerf is completely unreasonable. There is no reason you should take away utility/easy of life from a build. Smoke mine is what made summoners playable imo. Being able to save your spectres and minions is HUGE. Playing a summoner is going to be a huge headache.

When I read patch notes these days, more often than not it seems as though GGG doesn't actually play their own game. At least not in the sense that it's meant to be played "hardcore". This is extremely evident in your balancing and nerfing. Nerfs often kill builds, this shouldn't be the case. And balancing seems to be quick, dirty, and over/under tuned.

On a side note, I don't even like playing summoners. But the smoke mine ability made the build, once snap shoting is gone the build will be all but dead.

I'll show you a gleaming example of this. Clearly whoever is making unique items does not understand the full potential of certain builds. Windripper is by far the best elemental bow in the game, infact the DPS one can achieve is similar if not surpassing that of a PERFECT mirrored bow. On top of that it has added rarity and quantity stats. How exactly does this slip past those designing uniques? they clearly don't understand elemental builds very well. The second I saw that bow, I knew ppl would be running around with 30k+ potential split arrow.

I do enjoy items that inspire builds, build design is the only reason I play the game. But if your intentions is to keep uniques on a lower tier than rares, you really fucked up with that bow. And it was glaringly obvious. Not to mention split arrow and bow builds have the most efficient and quickest clear speed in the game, by a decent margin.

Meanwhile you continue nerfing builds based around whatever the flavor of the month is. Take a different approach, this method kills player retention. If you make a league that pigeon holes people, you should expect to see one build rise to the top. Experiment with one week races, nerf between leagues, and make sure you REALLY understand the psychology of hardcore, before you add a bunch of one shot boss's and kill your league.

This. Please. GGG. FUCKING READ THIS 1000 MORE TIMES NOW.
Live and Let Live.
yes, the thing with choosing checkpoints is really necessary :) i cant see any announcement about "INCREASE LIFE LEECH"... will dis bee next patch ???

@all the patch note seems to be ok, i am lOOking forward to the the new skills :)

and what about some minor fixings like ==> city of sam if you use portal scroll you will be always act II what about doing it to city ACT III after you find the city the first time? this will be better i think

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by loCurnus on Apr 7, 2014, 3:37:43 AM
"

"
Smoke Mine no longer teleports your minions with you when detonated.

I have always thought that this small mechanic made this ability very overpowered. That being said, im glad for the removal, but truth be told I feel that it should have been added to Lightning Warp. As a summoner, being able to relocate all of your minions back to you, was a godsend. Very sad that this was just removed, and not redistributed.

[

this
ggg should of just removed smoke mine. sorry i use it to heal minions, but who else used it?
really chris.. i would love to hear a an answer on this. I will get no answer. I know but this was very dumb. could you add it to light warp? at least in d2 you could warp with your minions

Last edited by JcFreak on Apr 7, 2014, 3:06:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info