1.1.2 Patch Notes

"
holocaustus wrote:
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:

This is in the game, now. It's called the shift key.

Hold down shift, click somewhere, and off they go.

Evidently never played a summoner but sees the need to comment.

Make summoner, play a map like underground river or labyrinth, see how much fun you're having controlling your minions.

people like them only pros of summoner but not cons. They have no idea how troublesome it is to play a summoner. Most likely one of the loser who complain about summoner.
IGN: Clovence
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
"
Smokemine is for chumps. GGG snatched your crutch. Grow and adapt, or cry on the floor.

... You realize people used it because summons have huge issues in indoor maps, right? They often get stuck in another room or in some corner. People are upset since the only way to control and regroup your summons was removed.

There is lots of undeserved vitriol in this topic but you insulting people does not help. Smokemine was not OP by any means or particularly abusive. It made up for weak pet AI.

Do I realize that some builds have challenges in certain situations where other builds do not?

Yes, I have dealt with tight maps. It can be a pain in the ass when shit is going down and half your army is on the other side of a wall and you have to either try for some fancy footing to get them to auto-teleport to you (if there's even room), resummon on the spot, or backup and try to regroup.

But seriously, what is the argument being made here? In what way does the description of smoke mine suggest its a Summon Minion spell?

This nerf was a long time coming. Did you not recognize that when you first learned of the fact that you could use(abuse?) smoke mine as a Summon Minion?

"resummon on the spot", obviously this kid never play a summoner before. enough said.
Last edited by Clovence on Apr 7, 2014, 3:35:53 AM
"
Clovence wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:

Evidently never played a summoner but sees the need to comment.

Make summoner, play a map like underground river or labyrinth, see how much fun you're having controlling your minions.

people like them only pros of summoner but not cons. They have no idea how troublesome it is to play a summoner. Most likely one of the loser who complain about summoner.

ok so my minions get stuck behind a wall or some dumb pixel or bug shit. i suffer cause i can't bring them to me. ggg meh
"
jtylee wrote:
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:
"
Someone suggested a means to command minions in smaller ways, and I was wondering if assigning a hotkey with the ability to call minions to the cursor point or simply too your position would be a good idea. we already have mine detonation hotkey'd in a similar way, so a simple command would be pretty handy. It'd be a nice quality of life buff to summoner builds

I couldn't figure how this worked until i realised i can't have Move Only set on my left click!

Oh, yeah, that's a good point! It has to be an actual targettable skill on your left click.
New skill!
Keep good working GGG.
Thanks!
"
But seriously, what is the argument being made here? In what way does the description of smoke mine suggest its a Summon Minion spell?

This nerf was a long time coming. Did you not recognize that when you first learned of the fact that you could use(abuse?) smoke mine as a Summon Minion?

The whole point is that it's not an overpowered gem. I can understand devs did not intend smokemine to do this but it was a great quality of life usage. It made summoners much more fun to play and made natural bad pet pathing manageable.

Summoners have every right to be upset when no alternative is offered. Many map layouts work againt summoners and are not fun to play. I know I personally will avoid maps like tunnel, labyrinth at all costs.

I don't consider this a "nerf". I consider it devs fixing a bug for an unintended mechanic. It's still odd they'd prioritize this without at least tossing summoners a bone. Controlling summons is really tedious.
"
Clovence wrote:
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:
Am I missing something? Or are all these people actually complaining because a skill that's description reads

"
Places a mine that will teleport you to it when detonated. It covers both your escape and arrival with a cloud of smoke that blinds enemies, and gives you a temporary buff to movement speed.

could be (ab)used as an instant summon of their minions, regardless of where the minions are at the time in the map? It is obviously not intended as such, the whole skill is portrayed as a personal escape.

I've mapped with two summoners now, never used smoke mine. Mapping as a moderately equipped yet knoweledgable summoner is a cake-walk.

Smokemine is for chumps. GGG snatched your crutch. Grow and adapt, or cry on the floor.

Tho I would love a specific Summon Minion skill. Maybe we'll get the genuine article if the QQ is strong enough.

Keep it up guys!

go play a summoner yourself then you know how we feel. [Removed by Support]

Next time, please actually read my post, so you don't 'say something that you don't even know just make yourself look like a fool'.
Last edited by Jake_GGG on Apr 7, 2014, 3:40:06 AM
777isHARDCORE

Just go suggest that we should equip all summoner gear and no snapshot.

Wear skullhead, chober chaber, sidhebreath, vis mortis, and bones of ullr etc with all the shitty stats. Try clear one map and tell us how you feel.
Last edited by Clovence on Apr 7, 2014, 3:40:01 AM
Summoners, grow up. There have been more than viable summoner builds since open beta. If EVERYBODY is doing it, it's either broken, or needs it own skill/mechanic. Obviously it's their game and they made the choice how they want their summoners played. You will all live, and make do with summoner builds...(just not your bubble OP teleporting builds).

ARC!!!!! I am happy.
"
Clovence wrote:

"resummon on the spot", obviously this kid never play a summoner before. enough said.

No... I obviously just play a better one than you do. I am not bound hand and foot to my spectres, with no other method to succeed.

Probably why I also do not need to use smokemines to get by, where it seems to be the end of your build or something?

Look, I'm all for a Summon Minion skill. But Smoke Mine is clearly not supposed to be it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info