"
Clovence wrote:

1. Nerf Cast on Death
2. Nerf Burned Miscreation
3. Nerf Undying Evangelist
4. Nerf Flesh Offering
5. Nerf Smoke Mine
6. Time to quit Summoner, nothing much we can do anymore

They only see the Pros of Summoner but not Cons. Minion can't even survive a boss fight without smoke mine. Very stupid, good luck to all summoner.

First one was a fix but yeah this is just stupid, i dont really care about the other nerfs but smoke mine....at least give some brains to my minions so they dont get stuck in terrain and get my ass killed...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:
"
Someone suggested a means to command minions in smaller ways, and I was wondering if assigning a hotkey with the ability to call minions to the cursor point or simply too your position would be a good idea. we already have mine detonation hotkey'd in a similar way, so a simple command would be pretty handy. It'd be a nice quality of life buff to summoner builds

This is in the game, now. It's called the shift key.

Hold down shift, click somewhere, and off they go.

I couldn't figure how this worked until i realised i can't have Move Only set on my left click!
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:
Am I missing something? Or are all these people actually complaining because a skill that's description reads

"
Places a mine that will teleport you to it when detonated. It covers both your escape and arrival with a cloud of smoke that blinds enemies, and gives you a temporary buff to movement speed.

could be (ab)used as an instant summon of their minions, regardless of where the minions are at the time in the map? It is obviously not intended as such, the whole skill is portrayed as a personal escape.

I've mapped with two summoners now, never used smoke mine. Mapping as a moderately equipped yet knoweledgable summoner is a cake-walk.

Smokemine is for chumps. GGG snatched your crutch. Grow and adapt, or cry on the floor.

Tho I would love a specific Summon Minion skill. Maybe we'll get the genuine article if the QQ is strong enough.

Keep it up guys!

go play a summoner yourself then you know how we feel.
IGN: Clovence
Last edited by Clovence on Apr 7, 2014, 3:51:48 AM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
AlexOP wrote:
Nice, the patch notes are here! Thx GGG
Edit: Substantial nerf to summoner, well i think... , is this gonna screw up most summoner lol?

Simple fix: Increased duration gem.

If you don't wanna do that, then flame sentinels and tentacle miscreations are still great options.

I was using Inc Duration b4, now even with the Gem, it'll be barely there..

Avian Retches are nice though.. :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
BldSwtTrs wrote:
Chris, the evangelist nerf is understandable, but the smoke mine nerf is completely unreasonable. There is no reason you should take away utility/easy of life from a build. Smoke mine is what made summoners playable imo. Being able to save your spectres and minions is HUGE. Playing a summoner is going to be a huge headache.

When I read patch notes these days, more often than not it seems as though GGG doesn't actually play their own game. At least not in the sense that it's meant to be played "hardcore". This is extremely evident in your balancing and nerfing. Nerfs often kill builds, this shouldn't be the case. And balancing seems to be quick, dirty, and over/under tuned.

On a side note, I don't even like playing summoners. But the smoke mine ability made the build, once snap shoting is gone the build will be all but dead.

I'll show you a gleaming example of this. Clearly whoever is making unique items does not understand the full potential of certain builds. Windripper is by far the best elemental bow in the game, infact the DPS one can achieve is similar if not surpassing that of a PERFECT mirrored bow. On top of that it has added rarity and quantity stats. How exactly does this slip past those designing uniques? they clearly don't understand elemental builds very well. The second I saw that bow, I knew ppl would be running around with 30k+ potential split arrow.

I do enjoy items that inspire builds, build design is the only reason I play the game. But if your intentions is to keep uniques on a lower tier than rares, you really fucked up with that bow. And it was glaringly obvious. Not to mention split arrow and bow builds have the most efficient and quickest clear speed in the game, by a decent margin.

Meanwhile you continue nerfing builds based around whatever the flavor of the month is. Take a different approach, this method kills player retention. If you make a league that pigeon holes people, you should expect to see one build rise to the top. Experiment with one week races, nerf between leagues, and make sure you REALLY understand the psychology of hardcore, before you add a bunch of one shot boss's and kill your league.

This . . .
777isHARDCORE, you just agreed on any nerf to other builds as long as its not yours, such a loser.
IGN: Clovence
Last edited by Clovence on Apr 7, 2014, 3:30:12 AM
Could we get more specific patch notes please? They should tell use exactly what has changed, not "some bosses are nerfed", that means nothing to people.
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:

This is in the game, now. It's called the shift key.

Hold down shift, click somewhere, and off they go.

Evidently never played a summoner but sees the need to comment.

Make summoner, play a map like underground river or labyrinth, see how much fun you're having controlling your minions.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
By the way, I would think snapshotting should be removed first. I mean, its been around and has been exploited to oblivion for a very long time, so I'd think prioritizing its removal would be more important than dumping an 'ease of life' feature from smoke mine.

Never used smoke mine myself, given that I didn't know it was capable of warping minions, but apparently a lot of other summoners did.

Why would they remove snapshotting? There is nothing wrong with it, it's game mechanics. I guess people get butthurt when they are too poor to buy things like a zombie arm just for snapshotting?
"
kasub wrote:
"
Smokemine is for chumps. GGG snatched your crutch. Grow and adapt, or cry on the floor.

... You realize people used it because summons have huge issues in indoor maps, right? They often get stuck in another room or in some corner. People are upset since the only way to control and regroup your summons was removed.

There is lots of undeserved vitriol in this topic but you insulting people does not help. Smokemine was not OP by any means or particularly abusive. It made up for weak pet AI.

Do I realize that some builds have challenges in certain situations where other builds do not?

Yes, I have dealt with tight maps. It can be a pain in the ass when shit is going down and half your army is on the other side of a wall and you have to either try for some fancy footing to get them to auto-teleport to you (if there's even room), resummon on the spot, or backup and try to regroup.

But seriously, what is the argument being made here? In what way does the description of smoke mine suggest its a Summon Minion spell?

This nerf was a long time coming. Did you not recognize that when you first learned of the fact that you could use(abuse?) smoke mine as a Summon Minion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info