GGG Please Figure out how to stop Boosting (screenshots included)

people crying about boosting probably don't have a second account, have bad gear and can't do it or are jealous that someone is more wealthy than themselves (even if that person could very not use it).

Crying about a mechanic like this is utterly stupid.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
people crying about boosting probably don't have a second account, have bad gear and can't do it or are jealous that someone is more wealthy than themselves (even if that person could very not use it).

I hope this is a joke post.
Visit the Path of Exile Wiki at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/
I have five beta keys, and it hasn't once crossed my mind to load in boosters. I'm vehemently opposed to boosting. I think it's absolute cheese.

If that's what it takes to win, well, have at. I'm out. I'll just do off-the-wall builds and test out various mechanics, have a good time finding hidden ways to make "bad" skill combos work in hardcore.

Races have been a sham since about the beginning of the third extended race.

The difference between DDT and I is that I can feel it: a solution has been chosen, and will soon be implemented.

So I guess we can disagree on this one, right? :p

The unveiling of this technique to the beta community was, admittedly, my doing. I mean, all the top racers were already doing it, but I put instructions on the forums. You wouldn't believe the hate that came my direction... It was necessary, because the races were already a sham. The "proof of concept" moment is long gone, so any notion of "aiding the cause" by continuing to do it is pretty misguided. It's just greed. Back then it actually served a purpose.

One last thing.

"
MrDDT wrote:

I showed last month (in the 2 week race) that I could easy take 2nd or first place. But Tebird and I said nawh, we wont do it because they will fix it and they know about it. Guess what. They didnt say anything about it. They didnt fix it, and clearly it wasnt top of the list to get fixed.

You already proved your point. Chris told me it's unfair, and that they'll address it before OB. Recently, he mentioned in HC chat that the fix is coming up soon.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Nov 3, 2012, 4:52:56 PM
"

It's probably worth noting I got to the late 60s before doing it, and I only did it because I was going to be playing endgame stuff only from then on. Boosting was a good idea then, I didn't know if other people did it or not at the time, because the time investment of boosting would be paid off in a single play session. I mean, that's all I was going to be doing. Grinding it out, not experiencing anything particularly new, and having a grand time playing my already somewhat finished character.

I was pretty shocked at how much loot dropped. I did not expect that much extra.
Last edited by Watlok on Nov 3, 2012, 4:47:33 PM
Well half of the posts here are a joke, and that DDT just repeats himself over and over. DDT also comes across as a complete hypocrite, because if he wants boosting to stop then why the hell would he actually still continue to do it himself, again it comes to wanting an unfair advantage, willing to do anything to win. In fact it appears the only reason DDT wants boosting to stop is so that he can try and find some other way on gaining an unfair advantage.

And bringing up the comment about items etc etc. That is just being pedantic and argumentative, when you full well know what I mean and what the real problem is.
The only thing you have to admit, Desbris, is that trying to enforce any kind of rules on the matter is nothing but a waste.

Wouldn't you rather have the mechanics fixed?

Until then, getting pulled into the kind of argument you have here, it's just counter productive. You can't win. Just hope for the best and wait another month and a half, like I am.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
"
Desbris wrote:
Well half of the posts here are a joke, and that DDT just repeats himself over and over. DDT also comes across as a complete hypocrite, because if he wants boosting to stop then why the hell would he actually still continue to do it himself, again it comes to wanting an unfair advantage, willing to do anything to win. In fact it appears the only reason DDT wants boosting to stop is so that he can try and find some other way on gaining an unfair advantage.
DDT posted that he didn't do it in a race. How is he a hypocrite? I want boosting to stop, but I do it myself. I don't want people to stop boosting. I want an actual fix. I want either a player count command or a change to party mechanics that would encourage every member of your group to be very active.

Making boosting more tedious is a bad way to go, because anyone competitive will still feel forced in to it. Except now instead of a fairly trivial 10 second ritual every time you want to farm somewhere you will have to deal with a lot more crap. I genuinely hope their solution attacks the core of the problem instead.

Let me just not boost, take significantly longer to level, and get a lot less loot for what reason? That mindset makes no sense to me. Posting here is my "protest" and feedback. Not doing it is of no benefit to anyone and a downside for yourself.

And of course, everyone competitive wants to find something that lets them get "ahead" of others.
Last edited by Watlok on Nov 3, 2012, 5:00:02 PM
There's only one new action I'd put on the table for open beta, at this point.

Demigods should no longer be available in OB. There should be a new race reward item.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
@Watlok
Read the other two posts I made on that page pls, I wrote that comment in the context. Your reaction doesn't reflect it.
✠ ✠
"
Zakaluka wrote:
There's only one new action I'd put on the table for open beta, at this point.

Demigods should no longer be available in OB. There should be a new race reward item.

Pretty sure this has already been confirmed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info