GGG Please Figure out how to stop Boosting (screenshots included)

This is pretty sad, you can see I'm in merciless, and that they are lvl 1. There was one more that used the TP before I could screenshot. (can't get the album to embed so here's a link)

You can tell all of these were being controlled by a single person, since they all moved 1 at a time(which is also why I was able to screenshot.)

http://imgur.com/a/OheR9

*edit* Someone pointed out that 1 of the characters was in a different location then the rest, implying not all of them belonged to the same person.
IGN: BoomFirez
IGN Alt: BoomDischarge
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 6, 2012, 9:12:40 PM
I doubt very much anything will be done and both these lvl 1's belong to different people as Daabulls was leveling in Mountain Ledge and Turoduelist was in fellshire.

It makes a total mockery of the game. GGG are you finally going to do something about this ?

You can obviously check which mains all the lvl 1 characters in merciless belong too and take some action against them.

I would not consider this fair play in races. I do have the means to sandbox and play multiple accounts but in the fairness of the way i play the game i would not do this.

If a game cant be played the way it is meant to then it should not be played. Clearly lvl 1 characters were never meant to be in merciles.

A simple level cap and then fine if you want to get all your characters to that level then boost thats up to you.

It makes races shambolic and not worth the time and effort.
Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.
It's being dealt with.

There was a very lengthy community input thread on this topic, here.

I'm fairly certain devs have chosen a course of action but haven't completed it yet. The correct response had to be chosen carefully, so give them more time to implement it.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
It's being dealt with.

I don't know who's kidding who here, but I'm pretty pissed that development time is being wasted on something that is 100% circumventable.

Unless their 'fix' is to remove party bonuses, not even putting a level cap / IP limit will slow people down (ok maybe a day or two), and with a game DESIGNED to keep people playing, spending a day or two leveling characters and setting up multiple accounts will be both trivial and necessary.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty tired of seeing the same people post screen after screen of uniques, then I remind myself its just a game, a free to play one at that.
And why are you so sure there is no reasonable solution?

"
I don't know who's kidding who here

Tell me what you REALLY think. Don't hold back, don't be vague.

Your direction is unclear. That sentiment contradicts this one...

"
I'm pretty pissed that development time is being wasted

What do you want? Level gating? If we were going to get a cheap fix, it'd have been done months ago. You cite worthless fixes and then condemn all fixes as worthless. Do you know what that's called?

Are you a fan of multi boxing?

I call upon everyone: use your reason here. Right now the inconvenience this all poses is minor; don't let personal annoyance confuse the issue. It's a much better thing for boxing to be a hot topic during closed beta, with a wipe in view. Now isn't a bad time for all this.

We're looking for something here that marginalizes the overall benefit to multi loading. There are many ways to do that. Dig through the community feedback thread to get a fair sampling of just a few. Some of those ideas would actually work, and the community certainly doesn't think of everything.

Yes, I'm having a little faith here that GGG devs will choose a powerful solution. Until we see otherwise, I have no reason to believe we're all doomed.

I've started to become cynical: I see someone saying that it's a "waste of time" to implement a fix that will "just be circumvented anyway". I imagine there's a chance that those interested in botting might feel a similar frustration.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Oct 28, 2012, 2:46:07 PM
Please be patient. :) GGG has until the final wipe in December to make good on their decisions.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
And why are you so sure there is no reasonable solution?

"
I don't know who's kidding who here

I don't know if I'm kidding myself, or if everyone else is delusional. That's where I was going with that.

There is no physical way to prevent one person controlling multiple accounts, so any 'solution' will no doubt be an in-game one, and will affect legit players (me) in some way.

But we won't have to wait long to see who is right here.
----------
Nice edits by the way, they really make you look sour and immature.

Also my IGN is MeltingPoint, let me know if you ever see me selling pages of uniques or spending 50 gcps on anything.

Even more edits, nice. If me not being concerned by something that MANY other companies allow makes me a botter, than there really is no point at continuing this.
Pages of uniques. For starters, there are people out there who like to farm with as much MF as possible solely for the fun of finding something rare.

50 GCPs. There are also people who are called hoarders. These people never spend an orb until they find something godly they've been lookIng for.

Another group, which I fall in. Have already achieved a 6L. Therefore, I sell fusings, which allowed me to max the quality on my gems. Now, I can save and hoarde and have massive purchasIng power. This is because I've accomplished two very expensive feats early on.

Just because someone has more uniques than you, more GCP than you, or whatever, does not mean they're multiboxing.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Pages of uniques. For starters, there are people out there who like to farm with as much MF as possible solely for the fun of finding something rare.

50 GCPs. There are also people who are called hoarders. These people never spend an orb until they find something godly they've been lookIng for.

Another group, which I fall in. Have already achieved a 6L. Therefore, I sell fusings, which allowed me to max the quality on my gems. Now, I can save and hoarde and have massive purchasIng power. This is because I've accomplished two very expensive feats early on.

Just because someone has more uniques than you, more GCP than you, or whatever, does not mean they're multiboxing.

Correct on all accounts, I'm just not sure how that fits into whether or not multiboxing should be allowed or not o.0

The opposite of your above quote, and the point I was alluding to, was the fact that because I DON'T have pages of uniques, nor 50gcp, I find it laughable that I would be accused - however subtly - of botting.
Isnt this as simple as putting a reverse 'cap' on difficulties?
can't enter cruel before 20, can't enter ruth before 27, cant enter merc before 35..
Last edited by kadrek91 on Oct 28, 2012, 6:02:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info