GGG Please Figure out how to stop Boosting (screenshots included)

"
Zakaluka wrote:
It's being dealt with.

There was a very lengthy community input thread on this topic, here.

I'm fairly certain devs have chosen a course of action but haven't completed it yet. The correct response had to be chosen carefully, so give them more time to implement it.
the correct response is obviously banning people isn't it? Not permabanns but temp ones. Repeat offenders get perma banned if they do it more than once.
Alma 48:17
17 Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.
Bans don't exactly work in a F2P

Also, its more than 1 in 10
boosting + jsp, i know at least one person in top 10 doing this

its actually pretty funny to see same lvl 2 char being online for weeks and still being lvl 2 - i guess its very dedicated brother/sister/grandma amirite?

but what actually bothers me a lot more is that ppl know about it but they dont really care as long as they can benefit from those players - boosting could be punished by players alone without ggg doing anything if there was an ethical brake in ppl minds so they woHOLY SHIT THIS ITEM IS BETTER THAN MINE, MUST.BUY.IT

thats the community we are building,urging ggg to do something because we are shitty people is laughable
some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
Simple solution:

Make grouping and soloing the same with no xp or loot boosts, and no monster life scaling.

Add difficulty options that scale monster life, damage output, xp and loot.

Make it too difficult for solo players to kill the high reward monsters.
"
hzflank wrote:
Simple solution:

What high reward monsters ?

Are we missing something here.

Its not as if the boss mobs drop any special items and that cannot be achieved by killing normal mobs....Especially when MF comes into it.
Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.
It needs to be looked into but the sad part of it is that no matter what the solution the same people will say somebody is getting an advantage or somebody is having their play style interfered with.

Exact same arguments seen on every other game and most likely the exact same people.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Zakaluka wrote:
One solution brought up a few times, which has apparently been discussed internally some, benefits group players considerably to make boxing meaningless.
So they'll multibox with intelligent boxes, instead. This benefits those with programming knowledge (or those that are willing to download and run a third party program) more and punishes those that just want to run fellshrine in a group and go in their own direction without threat of having loot "stolen". I personally think this would be disastrous.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
TehHammer wrote:

So they'll multibox with intelligent boxes

Hold on a sec. I was being vague on purpose so that maybe people would read the thread.

The particular one I was referring to was a manual players=1-6 difficulty setting. Which I'm pretty sure addresses your concern completely. Bots gain no advantage over players in that kind of system.

It's important for people to understand the drawback associated with a manual difficulty setting, though. Which is why I'm more in favor of a tweak to XP sharing mechanics like Panda's suggestion (NotThat). This one, too, has its downside - which is what I think you were pointing out.

Where anyone lands on that debate comes down to a single question. What's more important?
- Defeating bots 100% and forever, at the cost of stifling group play beyond 2-man parties? or
- Taking away as many of the benefits as possible, for botting, while still encouraging group play? We will eventually see botters, but we've made it as un-rewarding for them as possible.

The goal, here, is not to argue all the solutions again. The goal is to get people thinking about the possibilities, maybe read the old discussion so we don't have to repeat history.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Oct 29, 2012, 10:49:10 AM
"
hzflank wrote:
Simple solution:

Make grouping and soloing the same with no xp or loot boosts, and no monster life scaling.

Add difficulty options that scale monster life, damage output, xp and loot.

I see those as poor solutions. The last one alone would get some people to perma-quit the game.
In a very grind heavy game the death penalty equates to...more grinding.
well i wouldnt mind no bonus (or very very small) to parties because ppl who want to party will party anyway,they dont need to be encouraged to party

if you party because of bonus well fck you to be honest,thats like racing for orbs not for race itself,if the game needs to encourage players to party in form of bonuses then its probably bad party system in the first place

judging by the number of public parties,vast majority of players dont even want to party - so if you nerf party bonus it will affect what, 10% of players? i dont think its that much to sacrifice

people wont stop playing the game because of no bonus in party,so ggg wont even suffer financialy
some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info