Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

GGG Please Figure out how to stop Boosting (screenshots included)

"
MeltingPoint wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Pages of uniques. For starters, there are people out there who like to farm with as much MF as possible solely for the fun of finding something rare.

50 GCPs. There are also people who are called hoarders. These people never spend an orb until they find something godly they've been lookIng for.

Another group, which I fall in. Have already achieved a 6L. Therefore, I sell fusings, which allowed me to max the quality on my gems. Now, I can save and hoarde and have massive purchasIng power. This is because I've accomplished two very expensive feats early on.

Just because someone has more uniques than you, more GCP than you, or whatever, does not mean they're multiboxing.

Correct on all accounts, I'm just not sure how that fits into whether or not multiboxing should be allowed or not o.0

The opposite of your above quote, and the point I was alluding to, was the fact that because I DON'T have pages of uniques, nor 50gcp, I find it laughable that I would be accused - however subtly - of botting.

Lol what the hell are you talking about.

I was merely giving scenarios in which these people could have things you don't. Because it appeared to me that you were saying these people were multiboxing.

Personally, I've read and commented in the other threads, so I trust in GGG to do what's best.

Where did I subtly accuse you of multiboxing. Which is not botting btw
"
kadrek91 wrote:
Isnt this as simple as putting a reverse 'cap' on difficulties?
can't enter cruel before 20, can't enter ruth before 27, cant enter merc before 35..

It is not this simple.

Doing this would hardly slow the process of boosting down. All you'd need to do is powerlevel however many chars you wanted to get to merciless/maps, wich wouldn't take too much time either, with the main char providing waypoints and gear.

basing IIQ/xp boost on the overall level of the group or something might help, but this would also just lead to powerleveling the boosters.

I'm not sure how to stop this without hurting normal groups.
Last edited by datfenrir on Oct 28, 2012, 7:43:52 PM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Lol what the hell are you talking about.

I was merely giving scenarios in which these people could have things you don't. Because it appeared to me that you were saying these people were multiboxing.

Personally, I've read and commented in the other threads, so I trust in GGG to do what's best.

Where did I subtly accuse you of multiboxing. Which is not botting btw

My reply that you quoted was directed at Zakaluka. Specifically:

"
I've started to become cynical: I see someone saying that it's a "waste of time" to implement a fix that will "just be circumvented anyway". I imagine there's a chance that those interested in botting might feel a similar frustration.

My reply to YOU was (Though I can see where the confusion lies.):
"
Correct on all accounts, I'm just not sure how that fits into whether or not multiboxing should be allowed or not o.0

At no point did I say people with a lot of 'stuff' were multiboxing, only that people with NO stuff certainly couldn't be accused of botting OR multiboxing as Zakaluka implied.

"
datfenrir wrote:

I'm not sure how to stop this without affecting normal groups.

And THIS was the point I was trying to make.

"
MeltingPoint wrote:

"
datfenrir wrote:

I'm not sure how to stop this without affecting normal groups.

And THIS was the point I was trying to make.

There's quite a significant list of possibilities in the thread I linked. There are, in fact, a number of very reasonable solutions that harm botting/boxing while having absolutely no impact on group play.

One solution brought up a few times, which has apparently been discussed internally some, benefits group players considerably to make boxing meaningless.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
zharmad wrote:
Please be patient. :) GGG has until the final wipe in December to make good on their decisions.

Meanwhile they give out prizes and demigods to the abusers that certainly is a way to keep the fanbase happy.

sorry i mean to keep the abusing cnuts happy.

Waste of time playing at minute.
Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.
Meanwhile they're actually getting ready to release PvP.

You know, a significant portion of the game that I believe most players would rather have. Instead of it being delayed.
"
Zakaluka wrote:

One solution brought up a few times, which has apparently been discussed internally some, benefits group players considerably to make boxing meaningless.

Brought up a few times where? Link? Can you describe this solution?
Woah!

Abusers? Exploiters? Cheaters?

Really?
"
MeltingPoint wrote:

Gosh, I linked the feedback thread up above; the root of my irritability on this matter is that people will not read context, even when pretty good context is provided.

I fear I just have to back away from this one. Obviously I did indeed go a bit overboard earlier. For the record, I'm known for editing my posts, even pretty late. I know it can be frustrating for people trying to respond to me, but my use of language matters to me a bit too much. I hate looking at a post I just wrote and realizing my point was poorly made.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Oct 28, 2012, 11:39:30 PM
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
MeltingPoint wrote:

Gosh, I linked the feedback thread up above; the root of my irritability on this matter is that people will not read context, even when pretty good context is provided.

I fear I just have to back away from this one. Obviously I did indeed go a bit overboard earlier. For the record, I'm known for editing my posts, even pretty late. I know it can be frustrating for people trying to respond to me, but my use of language matters to me a bit too much. I hate looking at a post I just wrote and realizing my point was poorly made.

I'm not against you on this issue. And I only made this thread to bring more light to the issue, and to provide the screenshots incase people didn't believe this happens.

However,

To be fair, I did go through that other thread. And only you, Zakaluka, stated you messaged Chris, and Chris gave you the ok to discuss the issue. At no point, ever, does any dev mention what they are thinking about doing.

Your "good context", is a bunch of gamers throwing out ideas, some decent ideas, most not so decent, and etc. There hasn't been an official position taken by the devs, unless you count what Charan said.

It does seem like GGG is concentrating on PVP, which is cool, but by neglecting this issue, they have given the boosters the opportunity to earn a demi's. I'm willing to bet more than 1 out of the top 10 got there by boosting. And they're going to be rewarded for it, which is shitty. Sadly this almost falls in line with the "cutthroat feel" to the game.

All said, I'm disheartened, waiting for OB, seeing so much potential, but also seeing a number of issues that could be the games Achilles' heel.
IGN: BoomFirez
IGN Alt: BoomDischarge
Last edited by RaistlinM on Oct 29, 2012, 1:21:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info