GGG Please Figure out how to stop Boosting (screenshots included)

"
TheSwampDog wrote:
"
hzflank wrote:
Simple solution:

Make grouping and soloing the same with no xp or loot boosts, and no monster life scaling.

Add difficulty options that scale monster life, damage output, xp and loot.

Make it too difficult for solo players to kill the high reward monsters.

I see those as poor solutions. The last one alone would get some people to perma-quit the game.

Agreed.

I would go on a VERY active campaign telling people to stay the fuck away from Path of Exile if the last thing was done.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about that since the devs are quite adamant about the game being accessible to people who want to solo or group.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
"
TheSwampDog wrote:
"
hzflank wrote:
Simple solution:

Make grouping and soloing the same with no xp or loot boosts, and no monster life scaling.

Add difficulty options that scale monster life, damage output, xp and loot.

Make it too difficult for solo players to kill the high reward monsters.

I see those as poor solutions. The last one alone would get some people to perma-quit the game.

Pretty much first, while i wouldnt mind it, doesnt sound like something that will be in, here or anywhere else, for some reason people are bound to think MP should give them more advantage. I dunno why since by nature of things, you kill shit faster and less chance of death/much easier with 2 people that complement each other. But its the way it is.

Third is totally against the base premise that 'everything should be soloable', that GGG promised us before. So yeah IF they were to go that way i'd prob just quit. Leave raid bosses and group only content to fuckton of fail mmos around. I dont think im alone in that either - I don't play this game looking for a new MMO and I'm sure not looking for turning it into one.

IMO 2nd option is the one that would shut up boosting pretty much. Give us scaling option and, even if there are extra bonuses for REAL players, the hassle of boxing would be way less interesting anymore. TBH I dunno why isnt 'party of x' an option already.

I've done my own testing - even just one booster is giving you significant advantage - how much it influenced races if you could run 5 i shudder to think. Yet its a way around the system that is flawed from the beginning - party of x would fix that flaw and make it available to everyone. I shouldnt feel like I'm falling the hell behind everyone and I NEED to either get bots/leechers/afkers to progress at same pace. Which is the case right now, if you care about ladder (or wealth for that matter). Its just waaay through the roof.
That was all one suggestion, not three separate things. You would want to do all three at the same time.

I think I may have worded that badly. Everything would be soloable. You would have a button that would change the same zone from a soloable zone to a non soloable zone. In the non soloable zone, you would get the IIQ and XP bonuses that people currently get for having more than 1 player in the zone.

For a solo player it would be exactly the same as it is currently, except that you would have a 'hard mode' option if you wanted it. For group players, they would get the same rewards that they do now but the monsters would hit harder.

(Edit: High reward monsters = extra XP and IIQ, which is exactly what people currently get from grouping)
Last edited by hzflank on Oct 29, 2012, 12:10:26 PM
Yes that is what i had in mind, better than my wall of text, we're on the same line of thought.
"
hzflank wrote:
That was all one suggestion, not three separate things. You would want to do all three at the same time.

I think I may have worded that badly. Everything would be soloable. You would have a button that would change the same zone from a soloable zone to a non soloable zone. In the non soloable zone, you would get the IIQ and XP bonuses that people currently get for having more than 1 player in the zone.

For a solo player it would be exactly the same as it is currently, except that you would have a 'hard mode' option if you wanted it. For group players, they would get the same rewards that they do now but the monsters would hit harder.

(Edit: High reward monsters = extra XP and IIQ, which is exactly what people currently get from grouping)

Wouldn't this force groups to sit on top of one another fighting the same monster? I mean, I know some groups do that already, but every group I've been in, each go their separate ways on the map, no?
"
MeltingPoint wrote:
"
hzflank wrote:

Wouldn't this force groups to sit on top of one another fighting the same monster? I mean, I know some groups do that already, but every group I've been in, each go their separate ways on the map, no?

Exactly. As long as groups are able to do that the game will be exploitable.
Hey, I know some of those low levels! Btw, if they are in the same spot, still doesn't mean it's the same person due to limited Portal slots. Also, what's with the 53 screenshot?

More importantly, my fix for this was to make it obsolete. Why can't I set the game difficulty to 6 players like in D2? It would allow people to make the game more difficult for themselves for larger rewards and give a point to gearing power rather than MF only for drops.
"
hzflank wrote:

Exactly. As long as groups are able to do that the game will be exploitable.

Sorry let me put it another way, what is the magic HP number that only two people can kill and not one? How is that not severely limiting who can be in groups? Only the best of the best will be allowed in groups?
Don't these folks still have to run the level 1 through all the quests for each difficulty?
Simple solution:
Players are unable to complete any quest if there is a char with 10 lvls above in the party.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info