Your Crafting Resource Guide

kudos to you inva =)
... and the community for writing such a marvelous crafting post =)
Erenor / Kaenro / Xharos / Darksidious / Apoorman / Tarparina

To see whether I'm currently online: poestatistics.com/users/erenor
Excellent guide.
I could have used something like that 2-3 months ago. Great work!
"
Invalesco wrote:

I find that the below animation created by Stickymaddness is the best example of how Orbs of Fusing will work on a typical 6S item.

Amusing; but Stickymaddness fell a bit short. The sequence should've ended as ... junk - fuse - 6L - fuse - junk - rageface
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Happened to me last night. Used 250 fusings never got a 5L

Unavailable
I'm over 160 on my decent-but-not-great 6S Thicket bow. :/
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Oct 21, 2012, 1:41:59 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Great guide Inva (and some useful followup comments by others as well)!!

I've been playing off and on since June, have figured maybe 60-75% of this out for myself (through long forum reading, etc.), but have spent more time playing different toon styles than on crafting (as I keep wondering why I should spend too much energy on item optimization until OB).

So having you expert crafters codify your lessons learned is very helpful.

Very much appreciated!
You know what would be nice to add to this already excellent guide ? Some information on probabilites.

For instance, If I use a jeweler orb on an ilvl 50 chestpiece, what are the odds to get 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 sockets ?

Does the ilevel of an item change these probabilities ? In other words, are the odds to get a 6 sockets item better on a ilvl 60 than on a ilvl 50 ?

This kind of information for fusing probabilities would be welcome additions too.

Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Oct 22, 2012, 12:44:52 PM
It does not change the odds.

Ilvl only allows for the tier or sockets to be accessible. They also do not have a more likelihood of getting said mods or sockets/links.

A 6S does have better odds at getting a 5L than a 5S though
"
Items that cannot be mirrored include:
1. Mirror of Kalandra
2. Uniques
3. any other Orbs
4. Scroll fragments
5. Scrolls
6. Mana/Health flasks (?unsure)

Mirrors, Orbs, Scrolls, and Scroll Fragments are all the same thing: Currency. Wouldn't it suffice to combine 1 and 3-5 into 'Currency'? Also, Flasks are equippable and able to be mirrored. Although, I've never had a mirror so I can't exactly confirm. Best way to find out would be to have someone with a Mirror in Legacy try it out.
Vote for sticky!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info