Your Crafting Resource Guide

"
Invalesco wrote:
When you Regal an item, the regaled mod will always be a prefix

"
Progammer wrote:
Can someone confirm this part, since it is new to me

Yes, new for me also, haven't saw this addressed anywhere by the devs.
If I remember correctly a long time ago regaling gave me suffixes too. But it was a long time ago and I don't remember exactly so I might be wrong.

"
Strill wrote:
Will you be adding any way to see the exact mods and their names for a given item? Perhaps through a chat command?

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
You can do this by looking at the item data sheet. Really wouldn't be very helpful to have it in game IMHO

"
TehHammer wrote:
The data sheet isn't always helpful. When you have a hidden mod you sometimes can't be sure which 2 mods make that mod hidden, i.e. ES% + block and stun mod + block and stun mod, you might not be able to tell which is which, the game NEEDS a way to distinguish which mods are on an item, and in-game would be the best place.

I'm also of the oppinion that this will help very much, especially in end game crafting.
I've requested this feature from 0.9.7-0.9.8 if I remember correctly and nothing so far.
I'm sure a ingame command like "itemmod" is relatively easy to implement.
Alchemy orbs + Scouring orbs is an alternative method to using Chaos orbs to craft rare items.

Also mention that while Alchemy and Chaos orbs can be made with the proper recipe knowledge and stash space, Exalted orbs are arugably the rarest of the rare orbs next to mirrors of Kalandra, and that the last method (Alt+Aug+Regal+Exalt) is usually reserved for people who run HC races and win exalteds as prizes or those who have high MF and are lucky with their drops. I believe most people won't find a single exalted in their game time because I know that over 6 characters I only found 1 exalted.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Ah. Now I get it. Yea, makes sense.
"
mobutu wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:

"
Progammer wrote:

Yes, new for me also, haven't saw this addressed anywhere by the devs.
If I remember correctly a long time ago regaling gave me suffixes too. But it was a long time ago and I don't remember exactly so I might be wrong.

just tested, it DOES give suffixes as well. my mistake, correcting
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Progammer wrote:
"

Step 4: Regal it

It's not true. Here's an item that got a suffix from a regal:

Unavailable

The regal added the cold resist, which is a suffix.

Nice guide overall though Invalesco. Would sticky if there weren't already so many stickies, hopefully in the future there will be a resources section on the forums for threads like this.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Islidox wrote:
Alchemy orbs + Scouring orbs is an alternative method to using Chaos orbs to craft rare items.

Also mention that while Alchemy and Chaos orbs can be made with the proper recipe knowledge and stash space, Exalted orbs are arugably the rarest of the rare orbs next to mirrors of Kalandra, and that the last method (Alt+Aug+Regal+Exalt) is usually reserved for people who run HC races and win exalteds as prizes or those who have high MF and are lucky with their drops. I believe most people won't find a single exalted in their game time because I know that over 6 characters I only found 1 exalted.

Or you just trade for them. This is what I do
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Islidox wrote:

Or you just trade for them. This is what I do

Doesn't change the fact that Exalteds are relatively low in supply which therefore drives the demand up. It's not a crafting solution that most people can afford.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
thanks malice. no worries. this can be a useful post by itself :)

also, updates: corrected some mistakes and added in a blessed orb section
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Panda413 wrote:
Your guide seems geared towards advanced crafting, but if you are going to add some basics, you could talk about sockets and links. A lot of people try to get good sockets on the rares they find rather than trying to convert whites with good sockets to rares with the mods they want.

I'll try to add something :)

Jeweler's orb - Reforges the number of sockets on an item.

You should use this orb on high itemlevel items, which are otherwise very good because it can take a significant amount of orbs to get the number of sockets you desire. Below are the maximum number of sockets certain items can get:

1h weapon/shield: 3
chest armour: 6
all other armour: 4
2h weapons: 6

The number of sockets an item can get depends on its itemlevel.

Orb of fusing - Reforges the links between sockets on an item.

You should use this orb on high itemlevel items, which are otherwise very good because it can take a significant amount of orbs to get the number of links you desire.

What you should know about the mechanic of this orb is that it will always change the state of the item, ie. it is impossible to get the same combination of links as you had originally by aplying this orb. This has 2 implications:

- if you use this orb on a 2S item with no links, you are guaranteed to get a 2L item

- it is always a good idea to use 1 fusing orb on a (high item level - enough to allow atleast 5L) 6S (white) item with no links, because you have a chance to get a 5/6L which is very valuable, and even if you don't, you can sell the 6S to a vendor for 7 jewellers. Then you can buy back your fusing for 4 jewelers (iirc), and have a profit of 3 jewellers. I consider the use of fusing like this identical to how you use orb of chance.

Chromatic orb - Reforges the colour of sockets on an item.

The colour combination you get by using this orb is random, however the colours are biased towards the base item type.

pure str item => most likely to get red sockets
dex/int item => most unlikely to get red sockets

Feel free to change the wording if you feel like, I was never too good writing readable english :D

What needs to be added is a table of minimum required itemlevels to get 3/4/5/6L, I've seen such tables around these forums, but can't find em atm.

Another thing which should be mentioned IMHO is crafting lower level gear for PVP characters, because with PVP getting out soon (limited to lvl 28) everyone will start doing it. It is all about rolling mods that won't prevent a level 28 character from using the item though, so it is not rocket science.
Very, very good guide. People need to read this.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info