95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Strill wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Looks useful - my only suggestion is that you constantly switch between "mod" and "affix" when referring to mods, it would be useful to explain at the start of the post that the two mean the same thing, or standardise (preferably to 'mod', because that's the term we use).
Will you be adding any way to see the exact mods and their names for a given item? Perhaps through a chat command?

You.can do this by looking at the item data sheet. Really wouldn't be very helpful to have it in game IMHO

The data sheet isn't always helpful. When you have a hidden mod you sometimes can't be sure which 2 mods make that mod hidden, i.e. ES% + block and stun mod + block and stun mod, you might not be able to tell which is which, the game NEEDS a way to distinguish which mods are on an item, and in-game would be the best place.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
thx, very helpful article
never bothered myself with analyzing the mods after reading an older article which came to the same result that analyzing the mods sometimes ended in happy guessing what mods are really on the item.
the solution i would prefer is, that there should be no possible combinations of the same effect (more es, more phys damage) from different mods on the item.

and i too wonder why they bothered naming the mods so wonderfully on the webpage when the mod names don't appear on the item itself.

lol to your 50 gcp. you're probably spoilt by winning alot of races. in the last 3 days i brought an marauder to mercyless and found no gcp and no real currency for trading some. the days of currency showers in normal play are over i guess but i understand they were for testing purposes only.</whining>

good point mark, edited all the "affixes" back to "mods"

@cronus - patience and hoarding is key :) that and careful trading as well!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
cronus wrote:
the solution i would prefer is, that there should be no possible combinations of the same effect

like with grouping of similar mods to lockout mutual in D2? could be possible if they can spend that one additional stat. (but I expect this had to lead into a raising of some values for the relates mods - to match the possibilities of the previously combined stats)

"
cronus wrote:
and i too wonder why they bothered naming the mods so wonderfully on the webpage when the mod names don't appear on the item itself.

They appear on every magical item, and never happend to appear on rares in any similar game I know.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Oct 19, 2012, 5:09:42 AM
Good post, a few notes you may want to add:

- boosting item quality is more efficient when the item is white, so if you are crafting with the second method - trans/regal you may want to boost the item quality beforehand. ( white +5%/orb, blue +2%/orb, rare/uniq +1%/orb )

- using chance and scouring orbs you can craft an unique item, if the base weapon you are working with has an unique version

- I personally also use orb of chance on maps, because it doesn't make a big difference if the map is blue/yellow as long as you can run it, and you are saving alchs this way

- when crafting jewellery you probably want to start with an item which has a max implicit item stat, for example +20 to all attributes for onyx anmulet

- if you find a rare onyx which has very good stats but low implicit mod (+11) you can use blessed orbs to reroll only the implicit mod

"
dzordzo wrote:

- boosting item quality is more efficient when the item is white, so if you are crafting with the second method - trans/regal you may want to boost the item quality beforehand. ( white +5%/orb, blue +2%/orb, rare/uniq +1%/orb )

- using chance and scouring orbs you can craft an unique item, if the base weapon you are working with has an unique version

- I personally also use orb of chance on maps, because it doesn't make a big difference if the map is blue/yellow as long as you can run it, and you are saving alchs this way

- when crafting jewellery you probably want to start with an item which has a max implicit item stat, for example +20 to all attributes for onyx anmulet

- if you find a rare onyx which has very good stats but low implicit mod (+11) you can use blessed orbs to reroll only the implicit mod

good point, will add all those in later :) anyone else has anything else they'd like to add to the op?
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
dzordzo wrote:

good point, will add all those in later :) anyone else has anything else they'd like to add to the op?

Your guide seems geared towards advanced crafting, but if you are going to add some basics, you could talk about sockets and links. A lot of people try to get good sockets on the rares they find rather than trying to convert whites with good sockets to rares with the mods they want.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
"
Invalesco wrote:

Very good and useful post.

But while you are at it, you should talk about blessing orbs and their uses.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
"
Velkor wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:

Very good and useful post.

But while you are at it, you should talk about blessing orbs and their uses.

agreed. i'll put all of them in together after dinner :)
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info