Your Crafting Resource Guide

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
A 6S does have better odds at getting a 5L than a 5S though

Hey S. Is this based on the maths on how you think the probabilities for sockets work, or anecdotal given the sheer number of fusings you've sunk into 5S and 6S items over the months?

Many thanks.

Petrov.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Hey S. Is this based on the maths on how you think the probabilities for sockets work, or anecdotal given the sheer number of fusings you've sunk into 5S and 6S items over the months?

Many thanks.

Petrov.
I can't speak for SL4Y3R but, for me, it has to do with the way links are rolled, a 6S that rolls no links on the first socket has a second chance to roll a 5L, a 5S that rolls no links on the first socket gets no such chance.

You are, however, more likely to see a 5L in the wild on a 5S than you are a 5L on a 6S just because you will see far more 5S items.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Many thanks.

Petrov.
I can't speak for SL4Y3R but, for me, it has to do with the way links are rolled, a 6S that rolls no links on the first socket has a second chance to roll a 5L, a 5S that rolls no links on the first socket gets no such chance.

You are, however, more likely to see a 5L in the wild on a 5S than you are a 5L on a 6S just because you will see far more 5S items.

Well said. Also, that 5L you find in the wild be on a staff or 2h sword. This is because nobody wants them.

:P

EDIT. For this who don't know, there are not better odds at finding a 5L on a worthless item. Does seem that way sometimes though lol
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Oct 24, 2012, 10:18:56 AM
I don't believe you. ;)

Unavailable
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
excellent post, this is exactly the kind of information that should be easily available ! sticky indeed.

Also I agree with some other posts that this information should be more straight forward and available in-game when crafting. Or maybe it has its charms like that lol
IGN: Megawipe
This is a great guide that complements this one.

Bump for sticky.
Basics of how to play (by Malice): tinyurl.com/72wrafn
Walkthrough for Act I and II (by KrapnoV) : tinyurl.com/7w3a3gd
Mechanics - how the game works (by Malice) : tinyurl.com/6p4zbl5
Crafting Guide (by Invalesco) : bit.ly/craftpoe
Mechanics videos (by Eztheal) : bit.ly/UTwFAV
Last edited by Singakiwi on Oct 25, 2012, 2:43:25 PM
thanks guys :) glad to know it helped! do let me know if you would like any other stuff to be added to it.

"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Items that cannot be mirrored include:
1. Mirror of Kalandra
2. Uniques
3. any other Orbs
4. Scroll fragments
5. Scrolls
6. Mana/Health flasks (?unsure)

Mirrors, Orbs, Scrolls, and Scroll Fragments are all the same thing: Currency. Wouldn't it suffice to combine 1 and 3-5 into 'Currency'? Also, Flasks are equippable and able to be mirrored. Although, I've never had a mirror so I can't exactly confirm. Best way to find out would be to have someone with a Mirror in Legacy try it out.

yup, fully aware of that face, but not most of the target population this post is aimed at might know. Plus, i'm sure you're fully aware that some of the more popular things players like to ask mirror holders to mirror are scroll fragments and another mirror amongst other stuff ;)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
The rule #2 of this guide is the following :

"
Invalesco wrote:
Rule Number 2
Not all mods can spawn on all items. For instance, movement speed mods can only spawn on boots. IIR/IIQ mods cannot spawn on chestpieces, weapons or shields. Increased attack speed can only spawn on Weapons/Quivers, rings etc.

True. In addition, some mods doesn't reach the highest rank for each item it can spawn on. For instance, the attack speed mod can reach 13% on gloves but only 7% on rings.

This information, very useful for crafting but also for build planning and trading, wasn't available anywhere.

So, I decided to put together what I called a Mods Compendium. It's basically a list of all the mods in the game. For each mod, I added, to the best of my knowledge (and with the help of others), all the item types on which it can spawn as well as ranks.

Of course, I'm sure there are still mistakes and if you spot any (or if you have comments), I would be very happy if you could point them out in this thread or via pm.

Tip : if you want to use the filter (PoA mods sheet), select "view", then "list".
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
"
Velkor wrote:
The rule #2 of this guide is the following :

"
Invalesco wrote:
Rule Number 2
Not all mods can spawn on all items. For instance, movement speed mods can only spawn on boots. IIR/IIQ mods cannot spawn on chestpieces, weapons or shields. Increased attack speed can only spawn on Weapons/Quivers, rings etc.

True. In addition, some mods doesn't reach the highest rank for each item it can spawn on. For instance, the attack speed mod can reach 13% on gloves but only 7% on rings.

This information, very useful for crafting but also for build planning and trading, wasn't available anywhere.

So, I decided to put together what I called a Mods Compendium. It's basically a list of all the mods in the game. For each mod, I added, to the best of my knowledge (and with the help of others), all the item types on which it can spawn as well as ranks.

Of course, I'm sure there are still mistakes and if you spot any (or if you have comments), I would be very happy if you could point them out in this thread or via pm.

Tip : if you want to use the filter (PoA mods sheet), select "view", then "list".

nice! that's looking really sweet velk. i'll edit it in :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Velkor wrote:

nice! that's looking really sweet velk. i'll edit it in :)

^woah, that's the most formidable Google Spreadsheet I've ever seen.

Could we please have a sticky on this thread? Or better yet, some sort of link on the Wiki to it? Actually, while we're at that, could we please get a link to the Wiki on the official page sidebar?

And yes, I'd like fries with that, thanks.

Edit: Linked this thread and Velkor's spreadsheet on the Wiki, under Crafting.
Basics of how to play (by Malice): tinyurl.com/72wrafn
Walkthrough for Act I and II (by KrapnoV) : tinyurl.com/7w3a3gd
Mechanics - how the game works (by Malice) : tinyurl.com/6p4zbl5
Crafting Guide (by Invalesco) : bit.ly/craftpoe
Mechanics videos (by Eztheal) : bit.ly/UTwFAV
Last edited by Singakiwi on Oct 26, 2012, 8:18:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info