Secret recipes and cryptic clues: The Goddess Scorned

"
Chris wrote:
Thanks very much, Rhys!

This was our first guest news post - if you'd like to see more from other developers in the future, let us know!

Feedback! Feebdack. Words.

Chris: I have your "Recent posts" open in a tab at all times so I can see what's up with announcements and such. Others sharing that space are Mark and Qarl, since Mark's posts are interesting mechanically and Qarl sometimes posts patch notes.

While it would be interesting to see a news post from Mark, he's less a public relations figure and more "you want info, I have info, here is the info", so if he did do any news posts they'd probably be prettied up for public consumption... but then they wouldn't be Mark. I like directness and he has that in spades. If there are ever any major mechanics changes (in which he is involved), I would like to read whatever he has to say about them.

I'm not sure what news posts other developers would write. Get one from Russell for April Fool's as a comedy option.
IRON MAN
"
CanHasPants wrote:

IMO, it would be worth it to plan upgrades for a handful of low level / common / UP uniques just to provide more riddles for the community to solve :)

I also really like the idea of clues being itemized and dropped from monsters.
Break them up, line by line, and have each drop represent only a portion of a clue. Do not label them, leave nothing but context for the community to figure our which clues belong together. Puzzles within puzzles :)

I think these both ideas are great. It is nice to "evolve", by crafting, low level uniques to something more powerful.

On the second idea, I am not that sure now ... the "dropped clues" would be necessary to craft the unique items? Also, if they are not labeled it could be too difficult once several unique recipes were introduced. Maybe they could be little pieces of scrolls that could fit together, like real puzzle pieces. In this way just not context but their shape itself would help to put them together and reveal the real mystery.
sorry to ask a silly question: the first sword has 12-55 physical damage, and an attribute to increase 273% physical damage. Is the number 12-55 the value has been increased already, or to be increased? In the first case, the original damage is 12~55 / 2.73 = 4.4~20. Thanks.
"
sorry to ask a silly question: the first sword has 12-55 physical damage, and an attribute to increase 273% physical damage. Is the number 12-55 the value has been increased already, or to be increased? In the first case, the original damage is 12~55 / 2.73 = 4.4~20. Thanks.

It's a whalebone rapier, so the base damage is 3-14.
You get 12-55 by multiplying it with 3,73, of course.

While on that, I always wondered if there was a reason for ludicrous base stat multipliers on low level uniques besides *oomph* factor. Isn't it easier to make it 'added 9-41 physical damage or 'added 40 armor'. Big multipliers only prohibit ever being able to implement any kind of tier upgrade recipes (maybe someone would actually be using the crown of thorns then).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 26, 2013, 9:12:39 AM
"

it's already the increased damage ;)

take the damage of the white item
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Whalebone_Rapier
and do the % increase on that ;)

/edit: looks like someone was faster ;D
Last edited by Ryouko on Aug 26, 2013, 9:12:15 AM
Very interesting stuff :)

Good job Charan and devs :)

makes me wonder if my plans for my diamond unique will be narly as interesting ;)
"
raics wrote:

It's a whalebone rapier, so the base damage is 3-14.
You get 12-55 by multiplying it with 3,73, of course.

"
Ryouko wrote:

it's already the increased damage ;)

take the damage of the white item
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Whalebone_Rapier
and do the % increase on that ;)

/edit: looks like someone was faster ;D

Thanks guys. I was dreaming a modem exile transported to Wraeclast by a time machine with a AK-47. The AK47 happens to have a socket with an Elemental Hit gem. Just imagine shooting 7.64mm with added random elemental damage...oh did I mention it also has a grenade launcher attached?
Sweet
Missed this one completely due to inactivity, but still had much fun reading this post! Gj =)
Well done!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info