Revamped Weaver Fight

Love how ppl are qqing already and assuming its EK with chaos dmg

un
friggin
believable

"
Alternalo wrote:
Please remove all melee weapons from the game with facebreaker too.

WTF DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THIS TOPIC?

"
Khastro wrote:
pls hire a guy from blizzard...

sorry, but the pic looks like another recycled "boss"-theme

yeah, hire a guy from friggin blizzard to destroy this game pls ... / facepalm
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
"
SlixSC wrote:
Introducing another gear check boss. GGG going full retard time and time again.

How can you possibly know it's a gear check yet? Even if it is, surely it is better than the fight with the weaver currently, which is not challenging and at BEST a gear check for certain types of melee.

Besides, it's a boss fight, shouldn't it feel more like a boss fight rather than a minor obstacle? Hell, many rares are scarier than weaver.

In races, the Weaver can hit insanely hard already, giving it a ranged attack just makes it that much harder for melee builds to kill him, which is totally unecessary. If people want to play Path of Life nodes that's fine, take that shit to the endgame, but don't make the game harder for racers, especially with Turbo this boss is gonna be hard as hell.

If this buff goes through nobody is gonna do 2h turbo races.

edit: in races I have the option to skip rares with insane mods, but this boss is gonna be mandatory, just like it is now. It adds nothing to the game and only makes it harder for racers. I couldn't care less if they buffed endgame bosses, but this is unecessary.

So you are saying that there should be only one tactic/path in each race and it should never change. How about you learn another course through act 2 to beat this harder weaver. Evolve dude. Evolve.
"
Donitsi wrote:

So you are saying that there should be only one tactic/path in each race and it should never change. How about you learn another course through act 2 to beat this harder weaver. Evolve dude. Evolve.

What are you talking about? The Weaver is the last boss you kill before you go to the roots anyway, you can't kill him later than you already do. What an asinine post.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
"
SlixSC wrote:
Introducing another gear check boss. GGG going full retard time and time again.

How can you possibly know it's a gear check yet? Even if it is, surely it is better than the fight with the weaver currently, which is not challenging and at BEST a gear check for certain types of melee.

Besides, it's a boss fight, shouldn't it feel more like a boss fight rather than a minor obstacle? Hell, many rares are scarier than weaver.

In races, the Weaver can hit insanely hard already, giving it a ranged attack just makes it that much harder for melee builds to kill him, which is totally unecessary. If people want to play Path of Life nodes that's fine, take that shit to the endgame, but don't make the game harder for racers, especially with Turbo this boss is gonna be hard as hell.

If this buff goes through nobody is gonna do 2h turbo races.

Weaver also doesn't hit any harder just because it's a race (unless it's a special race, and then of course it doesn't apply exclusively to weaver), if you choose to rush it unprepared, sucks for you.

People will still do 2h turbo races, some people even do BLAMT (and that shit is downright retarded, at least for melee). Short term racers also have very little to complain about judging by the extraordinary amount and decent variety of races.

I'm not a short term racer/rusher, but if I did take part in them, even the prospect of this buffed weaver seems to pale in comparison to some other things. Do you think weaver is suddenly going to go from one of the weakest bosses in the game to the strongest, outright?

I mean, as a soloing 2h melee, I know what actual turbo merciless (60%) vaal is like (doable), amongst other things. Unless weaver is buffed ridiculously, to be about 2x as damaging, tougher, faster it will still be quite alright. Apart from that, we have no idea about damage or additional changes that go with it, maybe the EK stuff isn't too damaging, maybe weaver hits less hard, not impossible.

At the very least, it's a more interesting prospect that could be balanced reasonably, maybe it will be overtuned, maybe it won't. Can't really say without trying.

"

Weaver also doesn't hit any harder just because it's a race (unless it's a special race, and then of course it doesn't apply exclusively to weaver), if you choose to rush it unprepared, sucks for you.

People will still do 2h turbo races, some people even do BLAMT (and that shit is downright retarded, at least for melee). Short term racers also have very little to complain about judging by the extraordinary amount and decent variety of races.

I'm not a short term racer/rusher, but if I did take part in them, even the prospect of this buffed weaver seems to pale in comparison to some other things. Do you think weaver is suddenly going to go from one of the weakest bosses in the game to the strongest, outright?

I mean, as a soloing 2h melee, I know what actual turbo merciless (60%) vaal is like (doable), amongst other things. Unless weaver is buffed ridiculously, to be about 2x as damaging, tougher, faster it will still be quite alright. Apart from that, we have no idea about damage or additional changes that go with it, maybe the EK stuff isn't too damaging, maybe weaver hits less hard, not impossible.

At the very least, it's a more interesting prospect that could be balanced reasonably, maybe it will be overtuned, maybe it won't. Can't really say without trying.

You are making inherent assumptions about something you don't understand. What would be the point in me arguing with someone who doesn't even know what they are talking about? This is absolutely pointless.

Races don't need to be harder, what makes races harder are the mods. Buff endgame bosses all you want, but leave mid-act bosses the way they are. Most players only have to do this boss fight 3x per character outside of maps, so the boss being weak really has no impact on their experience of the game at all. Whereas racers have to fight this boss up to 5 times a day, so their opinions should have priority over everyone else's opinion.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"

You are making inherent assumptions about something you don't understand. What would be the point in me arguing with someone who doesn't even know what they are talking about? This is absolutely pointless.

Races don't need to be harder, what makes races harder are the mods. Buff endgame bosses all you want, but leave mid-act bosses the way they are. Most players only have to do this boss fight 3x per character outside of maps, so the boss being weak really has no impact on their experience of the game at all. Whereas racers have to fight this boss up to 5 times a day, so their opinions should have priority over everyone else's opinion.

What is there about weaver that I don't know, I've fought the thing probably 100 times, I know what it's like relative to the rest of the monsters and bosses. Granted, I don't care much for the scenario you care about, but that really is where it ends.

Saying most players only fight him a few times per character so the boss being really weak has no impact on their experience of the game is ridiculous. It's a shitty weak boss that needs to be better, because it sucked every time I played the game.

As far as I know, most players aren't regular short term racers either, so that argument goes nowhere.

"

What is there about weaver that I don't know, I've fought the thing probably 100 times, I know what it's like relative to the rest of the monsters and bosses. Granted, I don't care much for the scenario you care about, but that really is where it ends.

Saying most players only fight him a few times per character so the boss being really weak has no impact on their experience of the game is ridiculous. It's a shitty weak boss that needs to be better, because it sucked every time I played the game.

As far as I know, most players aren't regular short term racers either, so that argument goes nowhere.

Weaver on Turbo, is actually significantly harder than Vaal, because even ranged classes have no way of kiting him, add a ranged attack to that and he will own just about most players who aren't lucky enough to get some kind of sick piece of gear to facetank him.

Again, I couldn't care less what other players experience with this boss is, as the majority of players spend most their time in the endgame on high level characters. The people most affected by this change are racers.

You seem to have this sense of entitlement, that despite you playing on mostly high level characters, everything at the low levels has to be just as hard as you want it to be. Completely ignoring the fact that infinitely more skilled players than you, do races with insanely hard mods, but you just don't give a shit about that and apparently neither does GGG.

This whole race thing is getting worse and worse, first they introduce Descent which is a pure RNG fest past lvl 18, they give you shitty season rewards and buff bosses to make turbo even harder. God damn it GGG.
Last edited by SlixSC on Aug 7, 2013, 9:14:48 AM
Nice nice nice :P
ING @Wost ONS shop: thread/439416
"
SlixSC wrote:
"

Weaver on Turbo, is actually significantly harder than Vaal, because especially ranged classes have no way of kiting him, add a ranged attack to that and he will own just about most players who aren't lucky enough to get some kind of sick piece of gear to facetank him.

Again, I couldn't care less what other players experience with this boss is, as the majority of players spend most their time in the endgame on high level characters. The people most affected by this change are racers.

I'll have to disagree about weaver being more dangerous than pretty much anything else, particularly in turbo. If it sucks for ranged players, good.

It clearly affects racers the most, but you are discouraging more interesting gameplay, for everyone, without having even tried it.

It's a simple question in the end, do you think they can reasonably balance weaver with more interesting mechanics? I sure as hell do, even if they may not, particularly initially.

Also, very graceful comments about my skill, which you have absolutely no idea of, btw.
"
"
SlixSC wrote:
"

Weaver on Turbo, is actually significantly harder than Vaal, because especially ranged classes have no way of kiting him, add a ranged attack to that and he will own just about most players who aren't lucky enough to get some kind of sick piece of gear to facetank him.

I'll have to disagree about weaver being more dangerous than pretty much anything else, particularly in turbo. If it sucks for ranged players, good.

Well, you are wrong. This isn't a matter of opinion, I have done hundreds of races with different classes and ranged characters have an insanely hard time with Turbo Weaver because it's impossible to kite him given how fast he moves and attacks. You aren't even a racer so how the hell would you know?

Ranged in races has the inherent advantage of being ranged, but on Turbo you have the inherent disadvantage of being unable to kite (which you normally rely on) and slower kill times than melee in general.

"
Also, very graceful comments about my skill, which you have absolutely no idea of, btw.

Yeah I do, I checked your race history. Season 2, lvl 21 in 3 hours. I can do that in 1 hour.
Last edited by SlixSC on Aug 7, 2013, 9:22:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info