Revamped Weaver Fight

Hoping we get some Weaver adds so we can actually replenish flask charges without burning tps. I always feel cowardly when I do that.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
"
"
Septile wrote:
The problem with creating more dynamic boss fights is that boss runs become extremely tedious.

I hope this is sarcasm taken to new levels.

The moment you place something like a ledge run or a boss run over compelling gameplay in general, you have failed at game design.

Oh shit a game design master I didn't see you.

D3 had some great boss fights, but they were only great the first time. Nobody does boss runs in D3.
"
Septile wrote:
Nobody does boss runs in D3.

WTH are you talking about? I don't know about the current meta but when I played ppl did Butcher runs & Azmodan runs but always after getting 5NV stacks. The reason you didn't just do boss runs tho was because of the the way the Nephalem Valor worked, once you had 5stacks you got just as much loot from champs as you did the boss. It had nothing to do with dynamic boss fights, it was all to do with NV & finding loot.
"
Septile wrote:
"
"
Septile wrote:
The problem with creating more dynamic boss fights is that boss runs become extremely tedious.

I hope this is sarcasm taken to new levels.

The moment you place something like a ledge run or a boss run over compelling gameplay in general, you have failed at game design.

Oh shit a game design master I didn't see you.

D3 had some great boss fights, but they were only great the first time. Nobody does boss runs in D3.

It's an opinion, if you honestly think repeated trivial boss runs are fun, super. I don't. Genuinely fighting brutus, vaal or merveil beats the crap out of running normal difficulty merveil overlevelled, as a gameplay experience for me, every time.
"
"
Septile wrote:
Nobody does boss runs in D3.

WTH are you talking about? I don't know about the current meta but when I played ppl did Butcher runs & Azmodan runs but always after getting 5NV stacks. The reason you didn't just do boss runs tho was because of the the way the Nephalem Valor worked, once you had 5stacks you got just as much loot from champs as you did the boss. It had nothing to do with dynamic boss fights, it was all to do with NV & finding loot.

Nobody does boss runs because it takes 10x longer to kill a boss than it does to kill elites/rares. People used to do boss runs because the act bosses were actually easier(lol) than elites and rare packs.
Looks like a response to evasion/block characters being immune to just about everything but physical and chaos spell damage. Looks brutal. I believe I have a new spot to lose hardcore characters xD
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Aug 7, 2013, 10:38:35 AM
Don't tell me it's ... fuking... chaos damage ?

Please no. Black Death is already a pain in the ass.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"

Weaver also doesn't hit any harder just because it's a race (unless it's a special race, and then of course it doesn't apply exclusively to weaver), if you choose to rush it unprepared, sucks for you.

People will still do 2h turbo races, some people even do BLAMT (and that shit is downright retarded, at least for melee). Short term racers also have very little to complain about judging by the extraordinary amount and decent variety of races.

I'm not a short term racer/rusher, but if I did take part in them, even the prospect of this buffed weaver seems to pale in comparison to some other things. Do you think weaver is suddenly going to go from one of the weakest bosses in the game to the strongest, outright?

I mean, as a soloing 2h melee, I know what actual turbo merciless (60%) vaal is like (doable), amongst other things. Unless weaver is buffed ridiculously, to be about 2x as damaging, tougher, faster it will still be quite alright. Apart from that, we have no idea about damage or additional changes that go with it, maybe the EK stuff isn't too damaging, maybe weaver hits less hard, not impossible.

At the very least, it's a more interesting prospect that could be balanced reasonably, maybe it will be overtuned, maybe it won't. Can't really say without trying.

You are making inherent assumptions about something you don't understand. What would be the point in me arguing with someone who doesn't even know what they are talking about? This is absolutely pointless.

Races don't need to be harder, what makes races harder are the mods. Buff endgame bosses all you want, but leave mid-act bosses the way they are. Most players only have to do this boss fight 3x per character outside of maps, so the boss being weak really has no impact on their experience of the game at all. Whereas racers have to fight this boss up to 5 times a day, so their opinions should have priority over everyone else's opinion.

While I agree that you have to fight Weaver more often than other players (which is only partially true, cause most people not only play 1 char but many) but that "We do it more often, our opinion has to be more important" crap is most likely the most retarded thing I ever read.
Last edited by Skreeves on Aug 7, 2013, 10:52:10 AM
One of the hardest hitting minibosses needed a revamp? I really don't understand why.
Last edited by Nycro on Aug 7, 2013, 11:16:42 AM
i hope this spider green dart deal chaos.
Beta member since 0.9.8

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info