Revamped Weaver Fight

Aww shit. She was too easy to kill before.. This should be fun :)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Looks great to me :)
Small updates are good. Big changes are simply a succession of small ones ;)
Good things take time - thanks GGG!
her spawing +100 mini spiders on death would be cool.
her lunching spiders eggs at long distance would also be a cool idea.
Her lunching chaos damages missiles seem a punch in the nuts to any non CI melee build again.
Her lunching EK seem also a melee troll move too.

Forum pvp
How about this, a the start of the fight Weaver is sitting atop a large writhing slimy cocoon (thin Alien), you then have X seconds to kill Weaver before it bursts and lets in a swarm of tiny Weavers who all do chaos damage.

My point is that boss fights need to be more dynamic and not just a series of waiting for them to perform movement X so that I perform damage mitigation tactic Y - like a 3rd person DDR.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
The problem with creating more dynamic boss fights is that boss runs become extremely tedious.
"
Septile wrote:
The problem with creating more dynamic boss fights is that boss runs become extremely tedious.

I hope this is sarcasm taken to new levels.

The moment you place something like a ledge run or a boss run over compelling gameplay in general, you have failed at game design.
Introducing another gear check boss. GGG going full retard time and time again.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
SlixSC wrote:

How can you possibly know it's a gear check yet? Even if it is, surely it is better than the fight with the weaver currently, which is not challenging and at BEST a gear check for certain types of melee.

Besides, it's a boss fight, shouldn't it feel more like a boss fight rather than a minor obstacle? Hell, many rares are scarier than weaver.
"
"
SlixSC wrote:

How can you possibly know it's a gear check yet? Even if it is, surely it is better than the fight with the weaver currently, which is not challenging and at BEST a gear check for certain types of melee.

Besides, it's a boss fight, shouldn't it feel more like a boss fight rather than a minor obstacle? Hell, many rares are scarier than weaver.

In races, the Weaver can hit insanely hard already, giving it a ranged attack just makes it that much harder for melee builds to kill him, which is totally unecessary. If people want to play Path of Life nodes that's fine, take that shit to the endgame, but don't make the game harder for racers, especially with Turbo this boss is gonna be hard as hell.

If this buff goes through nobody is gonna do 2h turbo races.

edit: in races I have the option to skip rares with insane mods, but this boss is gonna be mandatory, just like it is now. It adds nothing to the game and only makes it harder for racers. I couldn't care less if they buffed endgame bosses, but this is unecessary.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Aug 7, 2013, 8:42:03 AM
"
Sammael wrote:
jesus increasing the difficulty as if were not hard enough
softcores are going to love this shit since they love to die a lot

really? had to go there.

Weaver has never been a problem for me however that other spider boss in... chamber of sins? is a pain in the ass.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
Last edited by txfirefighter on Aug 7, 2013, 8:42:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info