Game is too easy to me and others.

"
Esto wrote:
if game is to easy try hardcore.

/sign
As you level up, you get more and more powerful. Strange huh, maybe you should take a look at "that other game" where as you level up you become even more squishier.
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
I think the reason is simple. This game is made so that you can make a ton of build viable in the endgame.

If the game was harder by just making mobs hit harder (TOG style) only the ultradefensive build would be viable.

If you come here right from TOG you will put up a ton of armor and a ton of life regen. The fact that you are not dying doesn't mean that the game is easy.

I actually find some maps way more challenging than TOG post 1.03 easy-mode.

"
Varul86 wrote:
"
Esto wrote:
if game is to easy try hardcore.

/sign

I don't understand why people keep quoting play hc.
The game is the same except you try not to die at all.
The overall difficulty maybe increased, but later difficulties are easier than normal, and my point remains valid.
"
Charan wrote:
I have changed the topic to better reflect OP's sentiments.

There are others which agree with me, thus I have changed the topic to better reflect the current discussion.
"
robman_rob wrote:
I don't understand why people keep quoting play hc.
The game is the same except you try not to die at all.
The overall difficulty maybe increased, but later difficulties are easier than normal, and my point remains valid.
I don't understand why you would avoid hardcore if the game is too easy.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
I have to agree that the game is way too easy. In fact Diablo 3 had exactly the same problem where the first 3 difficulties are idiot-proof and represent no challange whatsoever.
As a summoner witch I pretty much facerolled through the first two difficulties and died out of boredom in the middle of the third one.
And the only difficulty was the pretty much non-existent minion AI that caused my zombies to run in the opposite direction instead of following me (but that's supposed to get fixed).

And telling people to "play hardcore" is not a solution. I'm definitely not going to play hardcore because of way too many reasons my character could die that are not related to game difficulty or being careless (game crashes, server lag, zoning bug or other game-breaking bugs [invisible bees' missiles in act 3 diablo anyone?], internet provider disconnects, unexpected router reboot, power outage and so on).
@Vanzi, 75 Shadow
@Arrathan, 78 Ranger
"
robman_rob wrote:
I think the game is too easy.

The hardest difficulty was normal mode to me. Learning things for the first time. Finding gear.
Cruel was easier, less deaths. It was about this time I had a clear build I wanted to follow.
Ruthless was even easier then cruel, even less deaths. Around this time I had a chance to respec my char completely, the respec helped my focus my build a little and improved my char.
Merciless was on par or a little easier than Ruthless.
The only reasonable opponent in Merciless was a2 boss.

I was semi active in trades. I did not trade for all my gear, maybe about half of it found, half traded for.

I think the game should be harder.

Well thats what I like about this game, without amazing gear you can survive by playing well. Usually when I die, It's because I made a mistake, like forgot to pot or use certain cc skill.

Don't know about you but I don't want to be always dying when I play an ARPG and not being able to do anything about it.

I think this game is made so that you don't need to grind a certain zone for a couple of days before passing to the next one and I like it like that.

Once you get to the eternal laboratory, Then the challenge really goes up if you try out rare maps with hard affixes.
"
vanzi wrote:
And telling people to "play hardcore" is not a solution. I'm definitely not going to play hardcore because of way too many reasons my character could die that are not related to game difficulty or being careless (game crashes, server lag, zoning bug or other game-breaking bugs [invisible bees' missiles in act 3 diablo anyone?], internet provider disconnects, unexpected router reboot, power outage and so on).

I do only play HC - and that stuff scares me as well, but so far my experience with PoE is very good. I have been disconnected in tough fights a few times and have not died from it. in “TOG” there was a countdown before you were "out" - I don’t think this will be nearly as big of a problem as you think.

Anyhow, I play HC for my own reasons and respect your choice to play default. However, if you want a challenge HC for many people is the answer.
I agree on the normal acts playthrough on being too easy. Your HP or ES (in my case) will be way to much for the attacks that are incoming when you reach cruel and up.

A solution would be is to give mobs more diverse skills (or even random skills) as you progress into the game. At the moment most mobs only have one or none skills to use at all difficulties. It would be more awesome to see mobs also increase in skill as the player is to improve the replayabillity.

Of course this needs to be restricted to certain skills for certain mobs for instance a melee mob would not be able to cast ranged skills and vice versa.

These are just some thoughts to make the game more difficult by not making the damage/hp increase by x%. I actually think the damage the mobs do is about fine. If you get surrounded by 8-10 mobs you are pretty much screwed unless you have a skill to counter that situation.

Cheers~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info