Game is too easy to me and others.

Brace yourselves, negative resists incoming :p
S L O W E R
"
robman_rob wrote:
I think the game is too easy.

The hardest difficulty was normal mode to me. Learning things for the first time. Finding gear.
Cruel was easier, less deaths. It was about this time I had a clear build I wanted to follow.
Ruthless was even easier then cruel, even less deaths. Around this time I had a chance to respec my char completely, the respec helped my focus my build a little and improved my char.
Merciless was on par or a little easier than Ruthless.
The only reasonable opponent in Merciless was a2 boss.

I was semi active in trades. I did not trade for all my gear, maybe about half of it found, half traded for.

I think the game should be harder.

have you tried maps? moded maps can get really hard.Oh yea the real endgame look for me (witchblades) I run the shittest maps ever :P not really...but I run hard mods on maps.
HEY!!! GOT MILK!!!
As we know from beta manifesto, game should be harder, and it would be harder. Just - not so fast. Take patience, brothers and sisters:)
"
ampdecay wrote:
Brace yourselves, negative resists incoming :p

^^ This. You're going to get -75% resistances at end game. Also, Chris has said over and over again that they are going to make this game hard. You say you're dying less? You shouldn't be dying at all if you say the game is too easy. Every time you die you lose experience, possibly making your last hour of game-play meaningless. game>you.
This is a dick stroking thread, using any build that isnt known to be doable the game becomes a lot harder. Kind of sad its been entertained this long.
HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:
This is a dick stroking thread, using any build that isnt known to be doable the game becomes a lot harder. Kind of sad its been entertained this long.

this is such a weird answer to the OPs post. oh the game's too easy for ya?? here's an idea! try a shit build :D try getting all dex nodes then resolute technique, invalidating all your accuracy! there you go now the game is harder.

wtf
"
Float wrote:
"
tramshed wrote:

this is such a weird answer to the OPs post. oh the game's too easy for ya?? here's an idea! try a shit build :D try getting all dex nodes then resolute technique, invalidating all your accuracy! there you go now the game is harder.

wtf

Its fairly simple, you can use a known easy build, or try something new. If you just want to win, there are builds for that, and those build are what this threads about. Not a single person on this thread saying it is too easy is using anything besides a cookie cutter build they read about first.

The nature of the game makes some builds easy to play, if you want to play them, thats fine, but complaining that its too easy when you are already taking the easy way out is damn hilarious, and possibly shameful.
HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:
"
Float wrote:
"
tramshed wrote:

wtf

Its fairly simple, you can use a known easy build, or try something new. If you just want to win, there are builds for that, and those build are what this threads about. Not a single person on this thread saying it is too easy is using anything besides a cookie cutter build they read about first.

The nature of the game makes some builds easy to play, if you want to play them, thats fine, but complaining that its too easy when you are already taking the easy way out is damn hilarious, and possibly shameful.

i still don't accept this as an answer. if this is the case, then there's balance issues. I'm not agreeing with the OP, i think the game is fair and moderately difficult. however, i think that "dont be as good as you should be" is a weird answer. a more just answer would be "try hardcore" or "it gets harder in open beta".
Back when I tried the beta a few months ago the game was actually quite challenging. The rate of leveling up was fairly slow and enemies were pretty tough. A couple days ago I decided to go through the game again and it was actually surprisingly easy. Fighting mobs of monsters was fairly easy and I leveled up pretty quickly. Has the difficulty been toned down recently?
Whether you agree or disagree with the OP, treating his claim as a whine is not doing it justice. The OP is not whining. He may be "wrong", although that is hard to judge, but many of the responses here treat his claim with disrespect.

Doesn't it make sense to want to have a certain degree of challenge?

Obviously, the number of deaths a char has cannot be the sole judge of challenge. Many people's opinion will differ on how to best judge, and we should try to be more differentiated. But unlike its predecessors (Diablo, TQ, etc.), PoE does tend to seem to have an inverse challenge level: harder at the beginning, less difficult later. This can be for a number of reasons, many of which are surely clear to most.

It doesn't seem bizarre to consider the possibility of balancing challenge / difficulty in later portions of the game so that it is still very challenging but playable for those who want to play niche characters (after all, if you are doing so, you must surely want a challenge!), yet remaining at least mildly challenging for those who play power builds. Those who wish to build a character so its effectiveness is maximized cannot be considered to be fringe consumers of an ARPG, or foolish funspoilers. I think it would make sense to discuss ways of increasing the difficulty sensibly, and not merely suggest the to the OP that he gimp himself or play HC.

Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info