Game is too easy to me and others.

"
NovaMage1981 wrote:
While I can see where OP is coming from saying that the difficulty needs tweaking, I don't agree with it.

Was D2 not this same way? Was it not always easier to pick a Hammerdin and just faceroll the whole game, then to say, pick a necro and go for bone spear? Has OP tried running a pure evasion build? Or a CI build? Please, try either, and say that the game is too easy.

If we start cranking up the difficulty now, we're just going to end up like TOG with everyone playing 2 classes. I think that the increases OP is looking for will come in time, with more enemies and acts. Right now, you're playing literally less then half the planned game, and you're complaining about difficulty? Let them get ALL the content out, and THEN balance it. Otherwise, we may as well all pack up, and head back to Tristram.

That's just how people are.. When D3 came out, people couldn't faceroll it without 100 mil or so in gear and said the game is too hard or not like D2 (of course, there are numerous other reasons to say that but that's another story).
"
Xendran wrote:
Yeah, as much as i like the current map system, i'd like a little more control over the kinds of difficulty i'm looking at.

I feel that this might become more and more important at some point...

They might need a currency item that increases difficulty in various ways directly, for those that are so above the curve and are looking for a large challenge increase.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I'm dumb, i already thought of an idea for this i just forgot to post it. hurr.

A back floor system where the enemies are of a higher (+5? maybe 10?) level than the enemies in the main dungeon. It would open up after you kill the boss in the main floor, and then basically you have a maelstrom of chaos version as an option.

Well, maybe not chaos, since rhoas are much more frequend now, but still.
I dont think this game is too easy by default, but there are some (minor) problems I have to admit.

First of all we have to distinguish between solo-play and group-play. For solo-play the difficulty depends on class, build and items. In multiplayer a good teamplay and a clever combination of group-based skills is more important.

In solo-play I managed to get my 2H sweep/heavystrike marauder selffound to char-lvl 52 on merciless difficulty (end of act 1 atm) without any major problems.
My char died quite often in each difficulty, but I also play a high defense, high risk sweep build (I taunt and group up as many monsters as possible to sourround me).
I had more problems while playing a ranged/magic char solo but none of these chars are so high, that i could make a real statement. I think I just need to find a defensive skill gem or runspeed items or using blocking pets to survive as ranged/magic char...

There is one lvl I always had problems - with every build in every difficulty - dont know how it is called atm but it is that lvl where Diabolist's raise e.g. these freezing caster skelettons all the time.
The Act 2 last boss is also very hard! I spent more than 4/5 of my marauders points on defensive skills (armor, life, life leech and regeneration, resistenzes) and even so I almost get one-hitted by his lightning attack (74% lightning res).
He isnt a problem when you attack him while he is doing that ice spell and run away when he starts his lightning attacks but perhaps the lightning attack is a bit too strong for builds without energy shield or low life chars...

In Multiplayer the game is too easy imho. If I play alone, all enemies try to hit me, but if I play in a group, the other players will absorb a lot of dmg for me, especially when summoner are involved...
Even as melee tank with endurance cry (taunts enemys to me) I get way less dmg then playing solo. In addition to that, I profit from many auras, totems and curses.
-> I take less enemy hits, have better defense and more DPS while playing in group.

=> The singleplayer difficulty is rather ok (there are some lvl wich are a bit to too easy (e.g. these Monsters who look like octopuses) or too hard (e.g. Diabolists with caster))
=> The multiplayer mode is really way more easy compared to the singleplayer mode even in a random public party. Havent played with a really good composed party yet (or any private party at all), but I think this could be extremely OP!!
=> Imho an ARPG shouldnt be very difficult at all; most players want to play a build wich feels very powerful - if all builds feel like crap because of the high difficulty most people wont have fun with that game. You want a harder competition? Thats what modes like Hardcore are made for...
Maybe people could opt for harder league option with toucher settings, i personally hate the over the board just throw in +100% to all stats to turn mobs kinda hardness. Not to mention for example kite builds will always make everything feel somewhat easy, it just comes down to how long you need to do it in order to drop something. So if taking % the board hardness you easily kill out all the other builds.

We must not forget theres only 2 acts atm and nothing is stopping devs of later retouching some mobs specially for higher diff, first difficulty should be looked as tutorial for the new to genre.
The difficulty is just fine in my opinion, on a hardcore league you have to play pretty carefully in many areas to avoid death (exploding minions, freezing casters, multiple totems buffing mobs etc) I died several times in the 2 week hc league and had to restart because I would come to areas that I have never played against before and did not know what to expect.

Like others said, the game is only easy if you don't care about death, but if you can't die once then it is the perfect difficulty.
I PLAY 20 HOURS A DAY! THE GAME IS TOO EASY!
I think the difficulty is fine. ARPGs are not supposed to be the most difficult game you will ever play, they are about playing fun builds, theory crafting, and most of all loot. If you want a game that challenges you completely go play ninja gaiden or devil may cry on the hardest difficulty. This game is hard enough that you cant slack off, but easy enough that you dont need godlike gear to beat the game with a half-decent build.

And thats all it should be about, plus i'm sure the OP hasn't tried any of the more difficult maps or even played the highest level maps. Also he died! how can you even say its too easy when you haven't beaten it on hardcore?
"
appetite wrote:
Well you have to consider that making the game harder may be potential deaths to players in hardcore.

To make your point valid, roll a hardcore character and breeze through the entire game while being careless. If you are successful then the game is too easy.

This. All players complaining that the game is "too easy" should play in the hardcore league.
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
appetite wrote:
Well you have to consider that making the game harder may be potential deaths to players in hardcore.

To make your point valid, roll a hardcore character and breeze through the entire game while being careless. If you are successful then the game is too easy.

This. All players complaining that the game is "too easy" should play in the hardcore league.

WOW, this was necroed. Its getting better, but still too easy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info