Game is too easy to me and others.

Are the devs not already aware there are some issues with mob AI? I think partly this is the problem, mobs stop starting while coming at you is the obvious one; attack speed on some casters could be ramped up (too easy to move out of the way), movement speed on others.

I agree with the OP to a point but until all the content comes out I am not sure it is worth discussing, the difficulties will take on a whole different perspective with new acts, new bosses as well.

If the OP has not noticed as well many unique items in this game are deliberately designed to encourage coming up with interesting builds, maybe try one while your waiting for full release.

special flower syndrome.
people complain if the game is hard.
people complain if the game is easy.
where should game developers stand?
Chris himself had stated, not only a few times, but many times that game shall be hard, and not in the way of your average arpg. So that statement alone is quite a self-explanatory one. This is also the one what makes 'distinction' from other games in the genre. Cause the market is flooded and infected with 'press-to win' minded games.

Game should be challenging from start to finish wheras this is not viable as its 'current' state. Cruel does not feel like Cruel neither Ruthless is, simple as that.

When i say game feels unhchallenging to me some people say to me i find statements like 'then look around other games if PoE does not suit you' is quite hilariously funny in the first place, that they did not what's GGG's philosophy know until this time.

Hopefully they would learn something now.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Aug 2, 2012, 12:29:23 AM
"
robman_rob wrote:
I think the game is too easy.

The hardest difficulty was normal mode to me. Learning things for the first time. Finding gear.
Cruel was easier, less deaths.

Ok i stop reading there.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
I don't think so.

I just started cruel and it is much harder...

Brutus literally 3 shots me and if I get surrounded I'm dead and not to mention that everything seems to have resist to all elements....

You can only make the game so hard. Those end game maps seem stupid hard to me, go do those.

All they can do is what D3 did, make elites have stupid afflix's that make it nearly impossible to kill unless you have the perfect set of gear, which is not fun.

You can make the game more challenging yourself, the increase difficulties are more of a way to continue leveling without having to add more content via repeating older acts but a bit harder to compensate for your new level increase.

My 2 pennies
Its not hard or easy , you know this is only act 2.. if I can say it again "act 2" , of the 6 that is going to be made, it is balanced for being the first 1/3 of the game, I imagine it will rack up getting into the later acts, but it shouldn't be impossible in the first act or 2, kind of like what diablo 2 did
"
Melichar wrote:
Its not hard or easy , you know this is only act 2.. if I can say it again "act 2" , of the 6 that is going to be made, it is balanced for being the first 1/3 of the game, I imagine it will rack up getting into the later acts, but it shouldn't be impossible in the first act or 2, kind of like what diablo 2 did

What is wrong difficulty in D2 can you tell me ? Nothing had been "impossible' in Diablo 2 definitly, just because you suck at it does not make anything 'impossible'. Better not to exaggerate things assuming justified.

Diablo 2 is a game i still play from time to time and when i do i always play at players 8, though that number is decreased to 3-5 in Hell tbh. But still nothing becomes 'impossible' after all. And PoE is nowhere close in terms of difficulty of D2 already, albeit should inspire from it.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Aug 2, 2012, 2:59:19 AM
Still in beta, way more acts, baddies, and surprises to come, I imagine.

I've already died a fair number of times, so I don't know about ramping up difficulty too much more.

I know I really hated those stupid immunity monsters (Immune to Poison, Physical, Fire, Ice, Lightning) in D2 that could leave an entire character/build useless while also making single player endeavors frustrating. Even if you dual specialize.
Last edited by Jamfrost on Aug 2, 2012, 3:04:39 AM
The game is only hard if you don't spec defensively. The people who find this game easy put points into defensive nodes and the people who find the game hard don't.

It also depends on if you prioritize defensive mods on gear. For example it isn't difficult to get 75 resist all yet some people would rather use rings with +1-8 lightning damage then rings with resist, and then complain when the act2 boss one shots them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info