0.10.8c Patch Notes

Just did a successful dual curser power siphon acrobatics build.. i guess ill have to respec !
Bust a move!
"
Why would there be a 'light fix' for low life builds?
Light radius getting less is a mechanic of being on low health, the lower you are, the less the radius.

If people happen to mention that far too many uniques are 'xxx at low life' the response is that the purpose isn't for low life builds, but that you gain this benefit if you drop to low life in combat. People just innovate with the mechanics to create builds that benefit from them while balancing the drawback.

Why is it even considered that there should be a 'fix' to a drawback that has with it so many bonuses and is an intended game mechanic? Remaining at low life constantly is a choice you make to keep the bonuses constantly, don't like the dark, come into the light..

Many uniques have powerful "xxx on full life", yet i cant see any drawback on using those. Also Chris already admitted it' not intended in this thread:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/30596/page/9

Again, low life does not only reduces light radius, but also dampens all light sources etc. to total blackhole.

And its plainly stupid that it only breaks game on certain maps and ares while other are just fine lol
DO NOT farm for ONI!
Last edited by paruwa on May 20, 2013, 8:45:52 AM
My bet is that the new unique has the same feature as Shavronnes wrappings - chaos damage no longer bypasses energy shield.

Only that it is a lot worse, and therefore more common. As the devs would say "a unique one build a character around".
IGN: Nahxi or Melzas_
For trading, please send a private message on the forums or add me ingame.
"
ampdecay wrote:
Enfeeble did kind of make the game easy mode so I see why they are doing the reduced curse effectiveness.

If curses are too easy mode then nerf curses instead of making a hack 'fix' to boss difficulties. Surely said curses are OP on other mobs not just bosses then?

What's next? 75% to all resists/physical on all bosses cause we're killing them too quickly?
Really.

It's not diff increase I'm complaining about but the method they used. The same thing they did with resist penalty hack to artificially increase 'gearcheck', we were told that ele dmg was reduced and it's a 'choice' now, apparently they didn't keep that in mind while coding act3.

And no I don't care if D2 or any other game did it, it's still just cheating.
"
Lacceh wrote:
"
XnIcRaM wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
This patch should be deployed tomorrow.

• Act and map bosses now have reduced effect of curses on them.
  • Fixed a bug where some monster skills did not scale up in the very highest map levels.

I Love It, Thanks GGG for that change we need bosses moooore stronger, all bosses are to easy to kill.

Easy to kill for whom? This just widens the gap between endgame players and new players.
This is the wrong way to go about making them 'stronger', bad design in my book.
Because if your curse now only does half of its effect than before, ppl will surely attempt bosses like merc Vaal for the sake of challenge, instead of just buying a boost... right?
For the booster however, who's fully decked out and using a cookie-cutter build, it doesn't really make a difference...

In party what i play we could almost one-shot Vaal Oversoul, in full party we need few seconds to kill him its not enought? Merc Vaal is problem? Don't be silly, in one month event i kill him solo my char was 62lvl have 2.2k Life, 100 ES, 500 armour I don't use granite my res was terrible 60/20/50/-60 my hole gear was terrible i use only one curse its not enought to make bosses stronger?
IGN: @Marcin
"
Lacceh wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Act and map bosses now have reduced effect of curses on them.

What was the reasoning behind this change?

I am interested in hearing it as well.

It's not like we didn't have the rank 1 on HC ladder (Kerkrom) die to a Vaal smash. They really want to make that think insta-kill.

Enfeeble + endurance charges + high armor was enabling you to survive that thing, but now Vaal just got a damage boost.

GG GGG...
"
astralgazer wrote:

Why don't you make it something like 25% reduction for the 1st curse, 50% reduction for 2nd curse, 75% reduction for 3rd curse, and so on. This would effectively prevent using more than 2 curses.

that's just incredibly smart, GGG should apply this ASAP
"
Qarl wrote:
This patch should be deployed tomorrow.

Version 0.10.8c
  • Act and map bosses now have reduced effect of curses on them.

About time, always thought it was really stupid how exponentially easy bosses can get when you spam curses on them, especially Enfeeble.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
the qq in this thread is strong. if you haven't finished merciless by now you never were, go back to crying on the battle.net forums please.
GMT -5 "EST"

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1222017
Last edited by Gohei27 on May 20, 2013, 9:27:00 AM
"
Windays wrote:
"
Lacceh wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Act and map bosses now have reduced effect of curses on them.

What was the reasoning behind this change?

Hardcore

Thanks for making it even more ridiculous to try to solo or play pairs (as if I thought the Devs even cared).

Yeah up the difficulty levels of stuff in Merc then add this on top. How many deaths will it take to kill Piety now I wonder.

I say we just go real Hardcore... whenever you log in you just die.. that way we can skip the unnecessary game play in between and get right to the experience loss!!!

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info