0.10.8c Patch Notes

"
Kel_Thuzad wrote:
All the whining, its so sad. In my mind GGG is doing a good job.

Well for a free game it IS pretty good... till you get to lategame....

"
Kel_Thuzad wrote:

And get this: PoE unplayeable? I can play just fine.

I told about multiplayer. With several players and maybe even minions you simply cannot klick on a monster/target anymore it is just a chaotic mess filled with lags and desyncs...

"
Kel_Thuzad wrote:

"
but since I started the game in closed beta a year ago nothing really has changed.

I read this just now.

Everthing changed, on an regular basis. And exactly how is D2 in its current state better than PoE? I dare say thats untrue.

Well there were some changes. some new skills, some uniques, some dialogs and story, act 3, pvp... but if you look at the lategame almost nothing has changed. There wast much of a lategame in CB and in OB there still is no lategame (= no long term fun).

D2 has:
- more (usefull) affixes/suffixes
- more gear diversity (in PoE everybody is looking for the same rares with the same stats, because e.g. life depends mainly from gear not from passives (passives are just a % boost)
- more uniques
- sets
- rune words
- runes, jewels and gems to customize your gear
- etheric items
- more itemslots
- plus inventory items like charms
- Much more weapon types and different models
- lategame events (like Hellfire Quest or Uberdiablo)
- adjuastable difficulty
- mercenarys with own inventory
- 5 acts + secret/special levels
- better and fairer drop system
- different classes (in PoE it just doesnt really matter if you play e.g. a templar, a witch or a shadow every class is more or less the same. All that matters is stacking most "More" multipliers and health as possible)
- better economy (in PoE especially most of the uniques are worth nothing)
- better gamedesign (especially combat in multiplayer isnt that chaotic like in PoE)
- a lot of DIFFERENT farmingspots in lategame with DIFFERENT drops and drop rates and difficulty, special drops (goldfarm spots, different rune farm spots, charm farming spots
- No skill-limitation like in PoE by gem slots (most of my D2 builds did use more skills then my builds in PoE CAN use)
- BOSSFARMING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and lot more... Imho PoE doesnt nearly got the quality of D2...
PoE's skill and passive system is pretty good, but it is useless if the game doesnt provide enough lategame content...
Last edited by azraelb on May 23, 2013, 7:52:00 AM
To be fair, you are comparing a retail game after many iterations of post-release additional content and an expansion pack to a F2P game still in pre-release open beta. The fairest comparison would be D2 during initial release to current PoE... and I think PoE at least pulls up even if not better. This would be before D2 included Act 5, Runewords, charms, late-game events, skill synergy, and more. Many of the features you enjoy in D2 now were added post-release.

My question regarding the reduced charm effectiveness, does this also reduce the charm duration, or just the penalties the charm imposes on the enemy.
You have to compare it with retail games. They are competitors and wont disappear just because PoE is f2p.
If other games provide more and/or better content the community will shrink over time and GGG also needs income by microtransactions to exist and continue...

Imho D2 classic did feel better and provided more long term fun. I'd still play D2 if the grafic isnt that outdated^^
Last edited by azraelb on May 23, 2013, 2:02:02 PM
D2 just bored me to hell, many items but soo boring and way less challenging than PoE. Best one is still sacred1+2. Open world no stupid act shit u puke at after the 3. repetition.
"
azraelb wrote:

Yeah... just stop talking bullshit...
There are a lot of map bosses who can easily one-shot you even with enfeeble on them, especially if the map has harder mods (and if you dont have a lot of hard mods on your map 80++%, you just dont get higher than lvl 70-71)...

Getting to lvl 90 in HC is more luck and patience than skill. Especially with PoE's 'nice' performance...

I'm level 78 in HC, I usualy play solo. Before the changes in act2, you could easily reach 74 in docks, and with the changes, I can level fast enough in catacombs. So, your sentence about "80++%% mods or just don't get higher than 70-71" is showing how noob you are, and why your main isn't in HC. My guess is : you have a crappy build and a crappy gear : you cannot survive, but you think you're a good player. Or even worse : you copied a good buld and your gear is decent, but you're bad.
Very nice patch GGG!
I really like the reduced effect of curses on bosses, I'm playing a triple curse summoner and everything is sooo easy :)
"
Hovergame wrote:
"
azraelb wrote:

Yeah... just stop talking bullshit...
There are a lot of map bosses who can easily one-shot you even with enfeeble on them, especially if the map has harder mods (and if you dont have a lot of hard mods on your map 80++%, you just dont get higher than lvl 70-71)...

Getting to lvl 90 in HC is more luck and patience than skill. Especially with PoE's 'nice' performance...

I'm level 78 in HC, I usualy play solo. Before the changes in act2, you could easily reach 74 in docks, and with the changes, I can level fast enough in catacombs. So, your sentence about "80++%% mods or just don't get higher than 70-71" is showing how noob you are, and why your main isn't in HC. My guess is : you have a crappy build and a crappy gear : you cannot survive, but you think you're a good player. Or even worse : you copied a good buld and your gear is decent, but you're bad.

Sure I talk about char lvl 82++ and rare lvl 72+ maps with at least 70-80% quantity (you dont get enough high lvl maps with less quantity)...

I played since CB about 5 builds > lvl 70 and 20-30 builds in total and for OB I mainly used an EK/beartrap build wich is not that bad (pretty defensive) and my gear is fine too.
I CAN do lvl 72+ maps and sometimes it is pretty easy, but sometimes you could get one-shotted easily by some bosses... it only depends on the random monster combination and the stats on the map.

If my armor had 6L and not only 5L it would be one of the best of the whole server

The rest of my gear isnt bad too.. everything has at least 80 Life, 1-2x 30%+ resist, IIR and IIQ.

"
Waffelweib wrote:
Very nice patch GGG!
I really like the reduced effect of curses on bosses, I'm playing a triple curse summoner and everything is sooo easy :)

They should have nerfed triple curse because multiple use is the thing that makes curses OP, not a single curse.
So imho this "balance" was totally bad
Last edited by azraelb on May 24, 2013, 6:52:23 AM
"
whrsmycoffee wrote:
"
Really disappointing change by GGG. The multi-curses promote alternate builds, like my curse heavy summoner build. I do crap for damage, but I run a bunch of auras, and provide curses making me at least tolerated despite my hilariously bad lag problems with faster cast/GMP Flame Sentinels. If Enfeeble is the problem, then nerf Enfeeble on bosses or rare mobs (ala Punishment) with clear tooltips.

If GGG had a clear explanation on what the problem is, perhaps the community could contribute feedback on possible fixes that don't bone casual and HC players.

Playing summoner myself and to be honest, if you get flame sentinels and stack flammability+ele weakness + elemental eq, even lvl 70-76 (haven't tried 77) bosses absolutely melt. I mean, a boss in a lvl 72 map dies in a few seconds, what do you want? One shot?

but I don't want to play summoner or to play with with fire. What should I do? Is build like yours a must now? (as in viable versus all other builds). I don't use enfeeble but I do use, for instance, projectile weakness to avoid taking resolute technique so i can still inflict crit states. Now devs think that Vaal Oversoul, as large as he is, should be hard to f**** hit? Vaal and extra large bosses and rares should have "cannot be missed" as a stat one them, not the opposite...
but nwm my opinion, I am not diamond supporter or streamer.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Bosses now stronger :)
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
Keep up the phenomenal work to all GGG Staff; Developers and Moderators!
You guys consistently do amazing things for the community...

Kudos! Keep up the A+ work!

--Bret
For all your "Help" needs, Please post in the Help Forum
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/gameplay-help
Mean people suck! So be nice to one another & smile often!!! =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info