Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

0.10.8c Patch Notes

"
Swoopah wrote:
"
HC forces a different, more cautious playstyle. Some people enjoy that. Some don't. I like HC, the extra tension in HC keeps you alert and engaged. That said, sometimes (often, actually) I just want to relax and have some beer while I play, so I play softcore too. I don't consider one league better than the other, they're just different. I definitely do enjoy the ability to experiment with new and interesting builds in softcore though.

Only difference i see is the lower levels, at 90+ you defently want the same approach in default as in HC, re-grinding hours of maps to get back the XP is most likely not fun.

Cleary a diffrence but since you dont seem to understand I will throw out an example for you. If you still don't understand you never will and to bad.

Playing games that include HC are like gambling. If you have played poker or other games for fake money it is fun until you have played with real money. Once you have experienced the rush which gambling gives with large amounts of money it makes going back to playing for free and extremily low amounts boring and it can never be the same for you. HC is more fun because all the work and time you have into your char is always on the line.
"
kog1115 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:
What? There is no 'Block Reduction' in this game. Are you talking about block recovery?

This is block reduction, such as from the Sword Damage and Reduced Enemy Block Chance passives.

So you haven't buffed block and stun recovery yet? *sigh*

*tightly clutches his Eye of Chayula in disdain*

Stun recovery is not very helpful for people who get stunned often because you are still getting stunned often none the less. Increased stun threshold would help but why toss in another affix that's just aimed at 1 build type?...
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
"
Malzarius wrote:
"
Swoopah wrote:
"
HC forces a different, more cautious playstyle. Some people enjoy that. Some don't. I like HC, the extra tension in HC keeps you alert and engaged. That said, sometimes (often, actually) I just want to relax and have some beer while I play, so I play softcore too. I don't consider one league better than the other, they're just different. I definitely do enjoy the ability to experiment with new and interesting builds in softcore though.

Only difference i see is the lower levels, at 90+ you defently want the same approach in default as in HC, re-grinding hours of maps to get back the XP is most likely not fun.

Cleary a diffrence but since you dont seem to understand I will throw out an example for you. If you still don't understand you never will and to bad.

Playing games that include HC are like gambling. If you have played poker or other games for fake money it is fun until you have played with real money. Once you have experienced the rush which gambling gives with large amounts of money it makes going back to playing for free and extremily low amounts boring and it can never be the same for you. HC is more fun because all the work and time you have into your char is always on the line.

So you compare playing in HC league with gambling with big chunks of your money? Ok, say no more, i dont get that rush from a video game. You dont even lose your character, you only get moved to a different league that has exactly the same rewards and difficulty. Again, as it is now you dont gain anything by playing in the HC league except this high adrenaline rush some of you are talking about. And about your poker example, they whould give you all the money back, and tell you to move to the table next to the one you are currently sitting on. Same rules, nothing different, just a different table.
Curse nerf was probably needed but they should nerf boss damage of brutus/kole/vaal smash to compensate. Otherwise their broken mechanics just makes the game much harder for melee.
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
So how do you know if an enemy blocks your hit?

Do you see them block? Currently it appears you have missed.
If so, how does this effect resolute technique? Can they block your always-hitting hits now?

If you use resolute techinque, mobs can still block your attacks. Just go with RT to barracks or battlefront and try to hit all those shielded infantry here and you'll see that some of your melee swings hit the targets, but not do any damage.
IGN: Zbyszka (warbands) or Bear_Hug (standard)
"
Hovergame wrote:
If you die on some bosses, go play SC and upgrade your stuff. If you can't stay alive with your melee, go play SC and reroll. Stop asking to GGG to nerf the game so ANY player, really good or really bad, can reach level 90 in HC without even thinking about how to play.

Yeah... just stop talking bullshit...
There are a lot of map bosses who can easily one-shot you even with enfeeble on them, especially if the map has harder mods (and if you dont have a lot of hard mods on your map 80++%, you just dont get higher than lvl 70-71)...

Getting to lvl 90 in HC is more luck and patience than skill. Especially with PoE's 'nice' performance...

Melee still is totally unbalanced (especially in terms of defense) - not viable at all in lategame except wearing Kaoms Heart for 8+++ Life or insane ES stuff...

"
tmaciak wrote:

I don't think that artificially increasing difficulty is good think, if GGG thinks that curses are too good, should rather balance their overall usage, not only against bosses.

Agree.
Hack and Slay games shouldnt be difficult at all. Its not about "playing the game" its about LOOT and optimizing "Farming" to get even more loot more easy and faster.
Blizzard did the same mistake with D3 because in forum every moron wanted to distinguish himself, but after the release they all farmed the most easy content too (in PoE e.g. Docks).
A few really hard areas are good, but especially most XP farming areas have to be very easy. But thats PoE's general problem: The lack of (endgame) content.
Only 8 gear slots plus weapon and off-hand, very few affixes and suffixes (or most are simply crap), no endgame content with different difficulty, drops..., almost no endgame worthy uniques, no sets, no gems and/or jewels to improve and customize your gear, no charms, no events... NOTHING

And a curse never was the problem. Multiple curses was OP (because they work like "MORE" multipliers). But instead of nerfing builds with dual/triple curse they went the easy way again, nerfing all normal builds too (wich e.g. depend on enfeeble for not being oneshotted by bosses)

This game needs more content and performance/synch fixes more than anything else. Not minor half-baked balancing changes and crappy low lvl uniques all the time...

PS: @ enemy blocking:
As far as I saw most enemys dont have a really high block rate, so that you wont notice it in most cases (The only moster with a noticeable block chance I remember are these soldiers in act 3.
Last edited by azraelb on May 21, 2013, 12:30:45 PM
How are new players going to know that curses affect bosses at 50%-60% effectiveness? Or is that just something that everyone is going to be expected to just know?
"
azraelb wrote:
This game needs more content and performance/synch fixes more than anything else. Not minor half-baked balancing changes and crappy low lvl uniques all the time...

You're right, for the money we pay, we should have a game that performs perfectly.

As for balance changes, hey you're right! We should have more content so that balance changes in the future are even more difficult!

Dude, the game is in beta. The gameplay is still being established. I think GGG is doing the right thing. Adding content now means balancing is going to be exponentially harder in the future. Considering how complex this game is, I think GGG is doing an awesome freaking job. Low level uniques are easy to add for keeping balance and can add to game play for low/mid level players. A welcome change. Everyone wants what you want but you have to be reasonable.

"
Swoopah wrote:
So you compare playing in HC league with gambling with big chunks of your money? Ok, say no more, i dont get that rush from a video game. You dont even lose your character, you only get moved to a different league that has exactly the same rewards and difficulty. Again, as it is now you dont gain anything by playing in the HC league except this high adrenaline rush some of you are talking about. And about your poker example, they whould give you all the money back, and tell you to move to the table next to the one you are currently sitting on. Same rules, nothing different, just a different table.

There is so much wrong in this post. I don't even know where to start. I don't even play in the HC league and I understand what the guy is talking about. I'm not even sure if you truly understand video games at all either. I'll try to delve into what I think is wrong with your post later if you deem it worthy but let me start off with this. You're right about the different tables analogy. Same rules, nothing different, just a different table... if that table were in another country and your currency is worth something different and every time you go broke (in this context I mean dying), there is no penalty for declaring bankruptcy and you start over again the same person. The penalty for dying in hardcore is literally being reborn into the world and building up a character again. Only the surface elements of gameplay aren't changed in SC. Everything else is.
Last edited by Supernaut6 on May 21, 2013, 1:15:31 PM
"
Added one unique item, designed by a Diamond supporter.

Why not post the name?
Or where can I find which unique item it is isntead of having to browse trough all of them see whats new?

Any help is appreciated :)
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
Curse Nerfing: More challenging, makes it fair because of some builds destroying bosses (if your complaining because your curse power is gettin halfed, and losing a ton of damage? you arent build properly)

Unique Headpiece: Badass and balanced, made for sweet block builds.

Whining Derps:
1)Balances will be made, there will never be an absolute op build method, get over it.
2)If you can't adapt, stay off hardcore. The real gamers that enjoy a challenge will continue without you.
3)It's Beta, things can change back and forth at the drop of a hat based on feedback and proof that it needs changing, there must have been a reason. (exmaple: temporal chains causing bosses to move and attack extremely slow).
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info