0.10.8c Patch Notes

I love how there are people who say that this is a useless update, just because it maybe doesn't affect them. Loving the curse nerf on bosses and I'm glad there is something redone regarding audio reverb.
"
Qarl wrote:
This patch should be deployed tomorrow.

Version 0.10.8c
  • Act and map bosses now have reduced effect of curses on them.

THANKS A LOT! Finally my lvl. 80 solo marauder is completely useless and I can spend my time playing other games. ;D
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
"
drakar8888 wrote:
It was expected that curses would be nerfed eventually. We can be glad it is only on bosses. Currently for all builds that have a way to the top side of the tree you could easily pick Hex master. Then upon entering a boss room quickly swap two of those things

and then slap 3 curses on the boss for the whole fight. You could go up to 5 actually, but that is overkill. Enfeeble/temporal chains/ele weakness and any boss is baby mode.
The change kinda sucks for builds that didn't have a way to hex master and struggle to maintain even 1 curse, poor duelists.

Why bother with curses when it takes like 4 seconds to kill a boss? :)
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:
What? There is no 'Block Reduction' in this game. Are you talking about block recovery?

This is block reduction, such as from the Sword Damage and Reduced Enemy Block Chance passives.

So you haven't buffed block and stun recovery yet? *sigh*

*tightly clutches his Eye of Chayula in disdain*
Dear GGG team, i would curse you, but sadly it would not have the effect i would hope to get.
As a mapping and 99% selffound solo player I feel dismay at the curse change. A nerf for consecutive curses (already suggested in here by some people) would be a much more balanced approach if curses are deemed too powerful.
Deutscher Chat: /global 4745
The game is way too easy, so any changes that make the game slightly harder are welcome.
"
griD wrote:
As a mapping and 99% selffound solo player I feel dismay at the curse change.

totally agree!
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Curses were OP against bosses, period. I won't talk about the ammount of dual totems/curses builds I have seen recently in PUG .....

A nerf for consecutive curses would kill the keystone Whisper of Doom. As usual, what a vast majority of players are expecting is a "faceroll game". I R 2 STRONG LULZ, I CAN FACETANK MERCILESS VAAL AT LEVEL 60 LULZ.

In their logic, everybody should be able to do everything in the game, without spending time on it. When I see some level 60, with crappy gear, farming in merciless docks, there is something wrong. Right now, with a decent gear (my 78 has 4.3K HP and, with full buffs, the ROA's tooltip says something around 3K DPS) we can faceroll Lunaris 3 and only be cautious against Piety. In a full PUG and >150ms lattency.

Curses were OP against bosses, they fixed it. If you die on some bosses, go play SC and upgrade your stuff. If you can't stay alive with your melee, go play SC and reroll. Stop asking to GGG to nerf the game so ANY player, really good or really bad, can reach level 90 in HC without even thinking about how to play.
"
Gohei27 wrote:
the qq in this thread is strong. if you haven't finished merciless by now you never were, go back to crying on the battle.net forums please.

See that character of yours, guess what... you can have, wait for it..... More!!!

Here's another revelation, PoE is still accepting new sign ups. Shocker huh?
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 21, 2013, 5:02:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info