0.10.8c Patch Notes

"
"
Flab wrote:
Everybody complaining about the curse reduction is looking at this wrong. The curses were so powerful (imo), particularly against bosses, that they are/were mandatory for a large number of players.

Maybe with the curse reduction, everybody will die and they'll nerf some of the bosses. Hopefully we'll end up with a situation where they're manageable without curses and easier or faster with curses.

I hope it plays out that way, but how many more melee players will quit the game between when this patch comes out, and when they finally fix it properly?

Well there are supposed buffs just around the corner, hopefully that will keep some relative balance with respect to boss fights, in light of the change.
Remember first time i got into the game, and saw the huge passive tree (reminded me of the map from eve online), and was thinking how fun it will be to play around "inventing" your own build, even tho you know there will always be cookie cutters. This is another step away from that, if you dont use a build found on exilepro you are doing it wrong in HC.

Personally i dont play anymore, but i still keeps my eyes peeled on the game and the forums, because the game has great potetional, but as it is now, and how i liked to play, the game is not for me in this current state, slipped 1 step further away with this patch.

If you are not in the top 10-20 on the HC ladder, what is realy the gain of playing in HC? I whould understand if the loot was abit better then default, but as it is now i dont see any rewards from playing in HC, probably because there is none. Some say "prestige" is what you get by playing in the HC ladder, that "prestige" gives me fuck all. In my world prestige is when you keep the insurgents suppressed in a ambush while waiting for the blackhawk comming to rescue your troop and get them out safely. More and more people realises that there is no reward from playing in HC. "But you will play different in HC, and spend more life nodes!". No, i whould still play with the same approach in default, i dont want to lose several days of grinding worth of XP because i was not carefull in endgame.
Last edited by Swoopah on May 20, 2013, 10:04:25 PM
really looking forward on vaal merc after the change to curses now .. as solo/selffound player *happyface* *dance* ... oh look what he dropped: an orb of sarcasm ..

Last edited by hcl on May 20, 2013, 9:58:48 PM
"
Culblade wrote:
Nerfing curse on Piety is no problem for levelers. In my experience, a lot of players run Lunaris and then skip Piety anyway. Now this will be done even more.

Piety isn't really much of a problem anyway. She doesn't have single large hits. Archer form has the highest single damage attack, but it can't one-shot even a modestly geared player. Piety is more a fight about sustained damage than "oopse you're fucking dead."

I farm piety sometimes, if I'm not able to commit the time to do maps. This change will make her a little more interesting, but it won't make her a huge problem. Granite flask will get even a modestly geared character through fire form, if they have maxed fire resists. Hiding is the appropriate response to ice form, if you can't kill the blue portals off, but you can always live through a hit or two from archer form even with bad gear. A sprint potion with removes frozen/chilled will get you out of harm's way on that form.

There's no "oopse you lagged, sorry you're dead" bullshit on Piety. Piety is a boss fight designed correctly. Vaal, Kole, and Brutus are boss fights done wrong. Although the Vaal fight could still be pretty cool if they replaced the smash with some kind of more moderate damage, but harder to avoid AoE attack. Kole and Brutus are just dumb. Granted it is pretty easy to out-gear Brutus (and his map equivalent, even) so the dumbness isn't really a huge problem. Map Kole and map Vaal though, punish melee hard with their dumbness.
"
Increased the safe zone around the marketplace waypoint and prevented statues from spawning in the waypoint area.

I guess too many people were getting punctured on the way to the Catacombs X-D

"
Block reduction is now a multiplicative rather than subtractive stat.

Do some or all monsters have block chance or is this pretty much for PVP?

Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
did you nerf arctic armour and not include it in the patch notes? i used to be able to use level 1 arctic armour and keep the buff up while running, but now after this patch it seems like it drains my mana at a much higher rate during movement.
"
Swoopah wrote:
If you are not in the top 10-20 on the HC ladder, what is realy the gain of playing in HC?

Adrenaline, challenge and fun.

If you don't understand this, then HC is probably not for you. We HC players don't need any extra "reward". We play it because we like it.
"
Caladaris wrote:
"
Swoopah wrote:
If you are not in the top 10-20 on the HC ladder, what is realy the gain of playing in HC?

Adrenaline, challenge and fun.

If you don't understand this, then HC is probably not for you. We HC players don't need any extra "reward". We play it because we like it.

Adrenaline? Challenge and fun? Aint the difficulty on default exactly the same? Adrenaline you get by skydiving. I parked my chars in HC incase they do something to make it interesting, so far no cigar.
HC forces a different, more cautious playstyle. Some people enjoy that. Some don't. I like HC, the extra tension in HC keeps you alert and engaged. That said, sometimes (often, actually) I just want to relax and have some beer while I play, so I play softcore too. I don't consider one league better than the other, they're just different. I definitely do enjoy the ability to experiment with new and interesting builds in softcore though.
"
HC forces a different, more cautious playstyle. Some people enjoy that. Some don't. I like HC, the extra tension in HC keeps you alert and engaged. That said, sometimes (often, actually) I just want to relax and have some beer while I play, so I play softcore too. I don't consider one league better than the other, they're just different. I definitely do enjoy the ability to experiment with new and interesting builds in softcore though.

Only difference i see is the lower levels, at 90+ you defently want the same approach in default as in HC, re-grinding hours of maps to get back the XP is most likely not fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info