0.10.8c Patch Notes

"
Qarl wrote:
This patch should be deployed tomorrow.

• Act and map bosses now have reduced effect of curses on them.
  • Fixed a bug where some monster skills did not scale up in the very highest map levels.

I Love It, Thanks GGG for that change we need bosses moooore stronger, all bosses are to easy to kill.
IGN: @Marcin
"
Synergy1337 wrote:
"
Lacceh wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Act and map bosses now have reduced effect of curses on them.

What was the reasoning behind this change?

To make it harder for people with top notch gear like Etup and Kripparrian. Dont mind the fact that this will make it a nightmare for the thousands of casuals with crappy gear. They dont count in GGGs world.

It makes jack shit difference at steam roll lvl, it makes a lot of difference at progression, though.
Casually casual.

"
Synergy1337 wrote:
"
Lacceh wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

To make it harder for people with top notch gear like Etup and Kripparrian. Dont mind the fact that this will make it a nightmare for the thousands of casuals with crappy gear. They dont count in GGGs world.

so they made a patch for people who quit the game already?nice GGG.
IGN SilverShotel
"
Synergy1337 wrote:
"
Lacceh wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

I don't really understand this change, 50% sounds like too much and makes you think twice if you should even bother cursing. Perhaps 30% would have been more reasonable? I'd say the real issue lies with stacking too many curses at a time, 1 curse should be default and then 1 extra from either talents or an item of your choice, if you wanna opt for it, and that would be it.

At least that's the way I see it off the top of my head...
MORE DOCKS FARMING BEFORE YOU CAN KILL MERCILESS PIETY!

on a scale from zero to sad how happy are you about this change?
"
XnIcRaM wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

• Fixed a bug where some monster skills did not scale up in the very highest map levels.

I Love It, Thanks GGG for that change we need bosses moooore stronger, all bosses are to easy to kill.

We need more interesting boss mechanics not hack patches to make them stronger.. bah.
"
XnIcRaM wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Easy to kill for whom? This just widens the gap between endgame players and new players.
This is the wrong way to go about making them 'stronger', bad design in my book.
Because if your curse now only does half of its effect than before, ppl will surely attempt bosses like merc Vaal for the sake of challenge, instead of just buying a boost... right?
For the booster however, who's fully decked out and using a cookie-cutter build, it doesn't really make a difference...
"
Qarl wrote:

Version 0.10.8c
  • Act and map bosses now have reduced effect of curses on them. Lame
  • Block reduction is now a multiplicative rather than subtractive stat. Nobody cares
  • Added one unique item, designed by a Diamond supporter. Meh
  • Allowed for the Dialogue volume to be louder relative to other volumes. Yawn
  • Tweaked various uses of audio reverb. Yawn again
  • Added buff icons for Consecrated and Desecrated ground effects. K
  • Fixed a bug where some monster skills did not scale up in the very highest map levels. I guess
  • Fixed the interaction between Dominating Blow and the kill count of The Coward’s Trial. Whatever
  • Increased the safe zone around the marketplace waypoint and prevented statues from spawning in the waypoint area. Thanks
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
The nerfing of curses on bosses does seem like a stuff from pay to win games. I have a dual totem witch, intended to go dual curses for the end game, and I can attest that without ubergears, the dual curses will have you sacrifice much in other nodes. If GGG wants to make the game harder for those already have ubergears, than it's not fair for the rest. Especially for classes who don't have access to Whispers of Doom, or that unique ring that gives 1 additional curse.

Why don't you make it something like 25% reduction for the 1st curse, 50% reduction for 2nd curse, 75% reduction for 3rd curse, and so on. This would effectively prevent using more than 2 curses.

Enfeeble did kind of make the game easy mode so I see why they are doing the reduced curse effectiveness.

S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info