Upcoming Patches

Looks like an awsome set of bullet points.

Little upset about the loot options, as I think it will make party play imba. The only thing making it not unbalanced right now is the loot tension. Hopefully at the very least the loot options are not going into hardcore league, the loot tension just adds too much to the dynamics of play. Not crying a river here about it, I just liked the concept of loot tension, and I think the timers added to the loot tension over straight up FFA, especially once names were removed, and you had to guess whether or not the allocated person was even around to pick it up before deciding to put your self in bad posititon to compete for loot.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 13, 2013, 3:41:14 PM
"
TiefBlau wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Harke wrote:

-Making this game a lot more rewarding item and loot wise

I agree with this one as well, but in a different way than you may expect. The problem that causes loot to not feel so rewarding is that crafting is very powerful. Almost all items that people have equipped come from crafting rather than drops. People enjoy crafting items and using their currency to do it, so we're not intending to make crafting weaker. This is definitely a concern we're looking to balance around in the coming months though.

I have to get some sleep now - it was nice chatting.

Can someone please explain this to me? Every single piece of my gear is found except for random-ass alchs (1 only) thrown on 5Ls I have found. Where is this data coming from? I can understand top-end players exalting nearperfect gear to get that last affix, but are "most" pieces being worn really a result of alchs and chaoses? Does the data include scrubs who don't know you need that shit to roll maps?

This kind of opinion would explain why did he put light radius shit and stat req in game, and honestly i know that this is Chris standpoint, but still i am not sure if he is troling or not

i have played this game for around 1000 hours, and i have learned it hard way that crafting is a waste of orbs, and that was on begining of open beta, now everyone knows and can read that you should not craft unless you have so much orbs that you dont know what to do with them, nor do you care

One thing is sure, with that Jay Wilson attitude we should not hope for any improvments on high lvl map drops :(
Which patch are you releasing Aus server?
"
Chris wrote:
"
Harke wrote:

-RNG (putting +1000 fuse in 1 item & not get a 6L is really no fun!)

It takes more than 1000 on average. There has to be a long term goal with the sockets game, and having six links is that end goal. There are many viable end-game builds that only use four or five linked gems, so having six is a luxury. If it were a lot easier to make six-linked items then there would be no further goals for that part of the crafting system.

I have been directly called out by people like Wittgenstein that PoE does NOT have a crafting system. PoE has a highly sophisticated slot machine that does not even come close to anything remotely like crafting. Funny to read one of the big shots behind GGG thinks otherwise. Shall we revive all the locked topics about this subject again? Apparently people did have a point afterall, when trying to come up with more rewarding, yet not game-breaking, changes to the "Crafting" system.

"
Chris wrote:
"
Harke wrote:

-Making this game a lot more rewarding item and loot wise

I agree with this one as well, but in a different way than you may expect. The problem that causes loot to not feel so rewarding is that crafting is very powerful. Almost all items that people have equipped come from crafting rather than drops. People enjoy crafting items and using their currency to do it, so we're not intending to make crafting weaker. This is definitely a concern we're looking to balance around in the coming months though.

People don't enjoy the slot machine. "Crafting" items is utterly bullocks and beyond retarded atm. Sorry to be so blunt, but if you think it is anywhere fun to grind for weeks before even having the guts to blow stashes of orbs at an item, then this is the last time I bothered to read this forum (I already stopped playing due to the extreme RNG and unrewarding gameplay).

Hardcore does not equal terrible endless RNG and locking players out of difficult content. Maybe someday you will learn that lesson, if not... so be it.
"Some secret awesomeness that I'm not able to reveal just yet. It's bigger than the other changes in the patch."

You just had too ....
This is a crisis I knew had to come,
Destroying the balance I'd kept.
'Direct melee buffs'

o.0

YAAARRRR

> An unexpected disconnection occurred.

-.-
Aww shiot! Can't wait, keep up the amazing work guys.
Fuck this game
all i have to say is that for slower computers/laptops, L2N is a great party option
"
pnxsinned wrote:
"Some secret awesomeness that I'm not able to reveal just yet. It's bigger than the other changes in the patch."

I simply can't wait now :D
Keep up the good work!

obviously next act, is only option.
I just hope that the game is made a bit harder since right now it's almost impossible to die outside of freakish desync incidents that don't even happen that much, and if that is actually dealt with more or less for good, nobody will ever die anymore or something!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info