Community going for more care-bear appeal

I nocited that, excluding the physical mechanics threads(attacking dead bodies, hit-walk animations etc.), the community wants a "easier" game(automatic flasks, no experience loss, and such).
I mean, why? PoE is ment to be challenging, hard, not a wow-clone like TOG...
At this rate players will cry about monsters being too hard to kill..(oh wait, Merveil discussions!...)
edit:
damn my grammar sure sucks
Last edited by kadrek91 on Jul 8, 2012, 3:04:33 PM
Where are you reading this? Other than a few people wanting "personal" loot, and a few tweaks to make the game fair for ranged players regarding loot, it seems like the community is fine with the way the game is. While the game is being made for people, it's being designed with a philosophy behind it, that philosophy is a good one. It's our job to help them take that philosophy and make it into an amazing experience.
Last edited by kadrek91 on Jul 8, 2012, 3:17:25 PM
"
kadrek91 wrote:

#1 Auto-pick up of orbs and scrolls is reasonable as well. It doesn't make the game easier. It's more quality of life related. (Since they are currency technically speaking, it'd be like auto pick up of gold by running over it)
#2 is reasonable. I wouldn't consider it making the game easy perse, I mean you wouldn't have to manage resources "as much", it's more quality of life related than anything.
#3 is not reasonable. That is hand holding and I don't feel that really captures what this game is about. There needs to be a penalty for dying, and the more harsh it is, the more you're forced to learn how to play and adapt, that is a good thing for a video game.
#4 His complaint is more so aimed at melee in general. Melee are really weak right now by comparison to ranged (seriously). I don't really see him saying the game is too hard, it sounds more like hes looking for help in understanding what hes doing wrong.
#5 Meh, more complaining about XP.

Realistically, the argument that the community cries to much isn't a realistic point concerning IMO only two of them are complaining the game is too hard.

It's hard to get a guage for the "community" when only a fraction posts here.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
#1 and #2 are NOT reasonable. Keeping the eye on the loot and the life are the MAIN THING about a ARPG, I mean:
this game is about LOOT and Combat, nothing else.
So I want it don't want it to be "hahaa i can't de because i automatically spam pots/ahaha I can't suck because I autoloot all my equip so I don't lose any useful piece on the ground and I dont have that urge to pick up things while in combat because I can't wait instead of fighting the mobs that are attacking me"

those are stupid carebear suggestions.
Plus, it goes against some of the mechanics(if I drink a HP pot i want to use in determinate situation like +90% armor or dispell chilled and frozen, etc.|Partys with shared loot etc.)
Last edited by kadrek91 on Jul 8, 2012, 4:22:47 PM
Uh...it's currency dude. Currency is auto-pickup in a lot of games these days. Chill out, sounds like you're gonna punch a wall in anger or something.
"
Gott wrote:
Uh...it's currency dude. Currency is auto-pickup in a lot of games these days. Chill out, sounds like you're gonna punch a wall in anger or something.

It's not only currency here they have a utility. Some orb have a greater value/need and a few are very rare items such as Mirror.
Those 'care-bear' casuals are also some of the people more likely to spend money on cosmetic microtransactions. Free to play games are entirely dependent on reaching as wide an audience as possible.

The passive tree by itself already presents a significant bar to entry for new players, and the non-gold based economy further adds to that. In light of these, you want to eliminate as much minor inconvenience as possible so new player can focus on playing & learning the core mechanics, not fighting to overcome quirks in the game that have become status quo in the genre these days.

Challenge should come from fighting mobs, not fighting the game engine.
Last edited by gastank on Jul 8, 2012, 5:17:09 PM
Wait. You're against auto-pickup of orbs and scrolls? Why on Earth would you rather be forced to do something like that? I mean, would you rather have to manually digest all the food you eat? Or do you enjoy how your body does that for you while you do things like complain about convenience...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info