Community going for more care-bear appeal

"
Zenryhao wrote:
Wait. You're against auto-pickup of orbs and scrolls? Why on Earth would you rather be forced to do something like that? I mean, would you rather have to manually digest all the food you eat? Or do you enjoy how your body does that for you while you do things like complain about convenience...

because maybe I dont need portal scrolls sometime(portal gem any1?) and I know poeple wich dont even more pick up wisdom scrool, they have stashes full of them
I'm neither for nor against auto-currency picking up, although the oldschoolist (that's a word now!) in me loves seeing the Orb of _____ drop and then the joy of actually clicking on it.

That said, these are just requests, not confirmed changes. A forum is about expressing your opinions and then seeing what others think. Often these expressions take the form of a complaint, because that's what most people do: stay quiet and happily go about their lives until something goes wrong.

This is also why I'm incredibly impressed at the amount of POSITIVE feedback people offer here without being prompted. This is unusual in my experience, and I've been an avid forum user since the late 90s.

There is not and never will be any guarantee anything requested on this forum will be implemented. Indeed, GGG love to implement things without saying a word.

Most suggestions I've seen floating around, however, remain merely that.

And anubite is dead right: a forum is rarely a good means of gauging a game's demographic. The most vocal come here, both positive and negative. When I speak of the community, I'm technically speaking about the forum -- most of the game's community remains relatively unspoken, I'd guess.

And that's a good thing, believe it or not. It means things are running smoothly.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Zenryhao wrote:
Wait. You're against auto-pickup of orbs and scrolls? Why on Earth would you rather be forced to do something like that? I mean, would you rather have to manually digest all the food you eat? Or do you enjoy how your body does that for you while you do things like complain about convenience...

You are now manually breathing.

I agree with you 100%. Anything that you aren't going to not pick up should be auto-pick up. You could set an option to disable it for players who prefer to click on things themselves, but I feel like it is just a chore for the most part.
Where was that "WIN BUTTON" matey ? I forgot using it again, damn... !!!
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
"
BrecMadak wrote:
Where was that "WIN BUTTON" matey ? I forgot using it again, damn... !!!

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
More than auto pick up for currency, I'd like the color of the name to be more visible.
The actual golden color can be missed on some background.
Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?
In before a bash on next gen players on a majority-adult/ARPG veteran playerbase.
Last edited by YoMicky on Jul 8, 2012, 7:08:55 PM
Let's not start a bunch of debates here that belong in other, established threads.

In the end, GGG will decide what features to put into the game and which aren't fitting. They've yet to put anything in the game that makes it necessarily "easier." Not everything that is suggested is added.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
YoMicky wrote:
In before a bash on next gen players on a majority-adult/ARPG veteran playerbase.

Hm. I think it's mostly a matter of gaming being now widespread, compared to some time ago.

Years ago, technologies and feature in games were kind of limited and it was a 'hobby' for 'dedicated' people. Not to mention that for years videgames (like many other things) equaled to nerdy/uncool.
Now with the advent of consoles of every shape and form, videogames are more common and a lot of people that never entered 'this world' has come in touch with it. It is not anymore something for 'dedicated' it has become something for the 'average'.

I really doubt that many videgamers of today would play Legend of Grimrock. And I expect even less of them to play it without the automap function.
Because to become widespread, games started to be immediate, easy, accessible (someone would say dumbed down) to cater the masses.

So it's not age, or generation. It's more like that today the majority of players are the 'average' or even the 'casual' and they have been trained to expect the 'immediate, easy and accessible'.
Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?
Frankly, auto-pick up of currency would be useful when your screen is littered with 30+ item drops...But it would redeemed unfair in a lot of ways.
Sweeping Maid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info