why PoE is dying

"
Pashid wrote:
"
skjutengris wrote:

I said poe is a crafting simulator for a while due to arpg is about dropping loot.
The GGG design team lost the sight of what makes these games, this games.

Diablo4 will run poe2 over.
poe2 be a niche no lifer gamers game.
anyone else simply play diablo4 as its pretty and rewards players and respect thier time and is way more fair than poe and poe2 will ever be.

after 12 years, I can finally play a game that is an arpg with diablo4.
beta was amazing.

The correct genre you are looking for is hack and slash cause arpgs are NOT about loot explosions.

Various monster hunter games are a arpg, heck even league of legends and final fantasy are a arpg. Where's the loot aspect in those games hmm?

Besides that quite a bold prediction without any final release informations or gameplay of both games and patches lol

Wishful thinking. They'll say anything to fool themselves.
"
Pashid wrote:

The correct genre you are looking for is hack and slash cause arpgs are NOT about loot explosions.

LoL. PoE is basically a Hack 'n Slash when you "optimize" your gameplay. But the best decision they ever done is to take the best league as example and make the opposite of it because that's their VisionTM, apparently.

Still, PoE isn't dying. Total player concurrency is still high due marketing and D4 hyping loot based ARPG. Percentage player concurrency is garbage compared to Ritual and Metamorph tho, but evidently they don't care, having sold out and everything.
"
Z3RoNightMare wrote:
"
Pashid wrote:

LoL. PoE is basically a Hack 'n Slash when you "optimize" your gameplay. But the best decision they ever done is to take the best league as example and make the opposite of it because that's their VisionTM, apparently.

Still, PoE isn't dying. Total player concurrency is still high due marketing and D4 hyping loot based ARPG. Percentage player concurrency is garbage compared to Ritual and Metamorph tho, but evidently they don't care, having sold out and everything.

Don't worry, this is the ultra original "POE IS DYING" thread we get here, on reddit, steam etc all the time for the last 10 years or so.
I can only speak from how I play the game and try to enjoy it but it's a rough game for all the wrong reasons. The game really needs a quality of life sweep but I get it, the game is fairly old and poe2 is on the horizon.

From my experience as a "newer" player 99% of the drops I get are just garbage. I tend to try configure that filterblade extension to sort out as much as possible. Imagine if you didn't need to identify the objects in the first place, that extension would save you so much time. It would probably make for an even more enjoyable game.

What's with the uniques in this game? They're all pretty much trash. What I find hilarious is that you tend to get the *same* uniques over and over again yet there are probably hundreds of them in the game.

I'm not going to rant about the game any more. I was just trying to have some fun before diablo 4 and to be honest this league was *very* underwhelming for me.
"
Pashid wrote:
"
skjutengris wrote:

I said poe is a crafting simulator for a while due to arpg is about dropping loot.

anyone else simply play diablo4 as its pretty and rewards players and respect thier time and is way more fair than poe and poe2 will ever be.

beta was amazing.

Various monster hunter games are a arpg, heck even league of legends and final fantasy are a arpg. Where's the loot aspect in those games hmm?

Besides that quite a bold prediction without any final release informations or gameplay of both games and patches lol

These games, from Diablo 1 until now, are ARPGS. Action role playing games. 'Hack and slash' is just a different way to describe them. I personally like to tack on 'loot based' to the beginning to help differentiate it. I see you changed 'loot' to 'loot explosion' which I'm guessing was to pre-empt the counter claim that these games, which are arpgs, absolutely ARE about loot. No one here is talking about loot explosions, whatever straw man that is. No, these games are about building and playing your character to beat challenges and slay monsters and get *loot*. And PoE reallllllly fucked up that last part. Imo of course.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
Pashid wrote:
"
skjutengris wrote:

beta was amazing.

These games, from Diablo 1 until now, are ARPGS. Action role playing games. 'Hack and slash' is just a different way to describe them. I personally like to tack on 'loot based' to the beginning to help differentiate it. I see you changed 'loot' to 'loot explosion' which I'm guessing was to pre-empt the counter claim that these games, which are arpgs, absolutely ARE about loot. No one here is talking about loot explosions, whatever straw man that is. No, these games are about building and playing your character to beat challenges and slay monsters and get *loot*. And PoE reallllllly fucked up that last part. Imo of course.

I've found the easiest thing to do is just call them Diablo/clones. Everyone knows what you are talking about, and you never have to deal with semantics.
I'm not sure why this topic just like almost every other topic on this forum deviate from the point. The point is, the game is super complicated and it discourages new players from getting into the game.

Instead of discussing random crap or telling bobpoexa that he needs to learn more, you guys should first identify the actual problem/s and focus on how to solve them.

For example:
Problem example
An item has "Cannot roll attack modifiers", but it can still roll attack modifiers when reforged.

How it should work according to the current description
1. Reforge

How it works now
1. scoure
2. reroll

Solution
The harvest craft "Reforge" should be renamed to "scoure and reforge" to clarify or include an additional description. Alternatively, some sort of smart prompt could appear when a player attempt to reforge - informing the user it may still roll attack modifiers (because it detects it has the craft "Cannot roll attack mods").

Although, in this thread of course the problem isn't a single thing. The problem is the fact the game is overall really complicated. In order to fix it, we need the community to provide suggestions on how to improve descriptions and interfaces to help newcomers. And of course, we need the GGG staff to include us in the process, they also need to be active on the forums in order for it to be a two-way communication.
"All skills and game mechanics are super confusing to new players, we need to jump throw layers of layers of layers of layers hoops just to understand basically what interact or can't with what. just reading the in-game description is doing jack to help players understand this game."

This is exactly why I stopped playing after 8!! years. Last drop was exalts nerf. Enough is enough.
"
hulduet wrote:

What's with the uniques in this game? They're all pretty much trash. What I find hilarious is that you tend to get the *same* uniques over and over again yet there are probably hundreds of them in the game.

Totally agree with this.

The definiton of rare and unique is very strange in POE. Trash is trash.
Instead of ruthless they should build a mode in that you can find less items but with meaningful combinations of the affixes. Low tier affixes should not drop so often in higher level maps.
"
Simple2012 wrote:
The point is, the game is super complicated and it discourages new players from getting into the game.

I don't disagree with this point at all.

I also think its a reason why veteran players stay, and it attracts a particular kind of player who wants that needless complexity. Who looks at say, Dwarf Fortress and goes "oh this looks fun" when seeing complex sheets that make no sense at first glance. It gives those players a particular gratification to grapple with these abstracts and learn them.

Simplyfing it risks removing those, and thus those players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info