why PoE is dying

"
emulatin wrote:
Why is he hiding his character tab?

Why does that matter?
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
emulatin wrote:
Why is he hiding his character tab?

Why does that matter?

NVM. It looks like a brand-new account and I can infer what you're getting at easily enough.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Didn't see the main reason - passage boring campaign
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"
Poe Devs have been trying really hard to please players league after league

I laughed my lungs out,dude you are comedian genius!!!
PATH OF TEDIUM
poe isn't dying it's kept pretty regular numbers for many years now you could say it's not growing instead and it'd have some truth to it
As a 10 years+ player, i can understand a lot of idea's on whether PoE is dying or not. Games change, New games come out that people want to try, it happens.

When PoE swapped the crafting cost from Exalted Orbs to Divine Orbs, that was a major blow. A lot of my friends quit because of this idea because it seemed that GGG was only gearing towards the league players, and not the standard players. You can mock Standard all you like, but at the end of the day, standard also brought in revenue, which was lost all because of 1 idea. Some will say it's a good idea, some won't.

PoE / GGG need to up their game, sort out PoE 2 and release it sooner rather than later

"
bobpoexa wrote:
Poe Devs have been trying really hard to please players league after league, yet it's a double-edged sword. Sure, the old players get new exciting stuff to do every league, but game mechanics and currencies got exponentially convoluted at this point, there is no way to fix this except to scrap everything and started from tile one.

With purchase of every tabs GGG throwed out there I can still have many items/currencies that DO NOT belong to any tab?! I mean wtf is this BS? why don't they just adapt to 99.99% of games out there with gold/silver system?

All skills and game mechanics are super confusing to new players, we need to jump throw layers of layers of layers of layers hoops just to understand basically what interact or can't with what. just reading the in-game description is doing jack to help players understand this game.
Exam 1: A node stating this: increase and decrease in minion damage also effects you. Then when I slap in minion damage gem I got nothing?!
Exam 2: RF is a spell I have to cast to activate, how come +spell damage doesn't add anything to it? And how come I do not leech anything from RF when the skill clearly said "leech 1% fire damage as life"???

Now don't get me started on crafting, even veteran players need couple dedicated web sites to help them understand how to, let alone new players.

there are many sh!ts like these put me off and hate this game for real, when D4 out you know what will happen already.

Also I need to mention even tho the game is so freaking messy complicated, the game only rewards nerdy players who "understand" the game because they play it and spent time on it more than their main job. If you are a new player who play diligently and farming low to mid tier maps you will never reach true end game, because things like head-hunter/mageblood only drop from end boss, I can "farm" 10 hours a day and all I get is to accumulate chaos one by one.

This will be the future for PoE: 98% of new players will not stay, veteran player numbers dwindle league after league.

I agree with most of your sentiments, but not all. Particularly, the one about gold/silver.
It’s simple. Poe is a great game no doubt. But it’s an unbelievably huge time sink. Bring on D4.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
I'm sure the devs are paid with your tears ;)
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
bobpoexa wrote:
Poe Devs have been trying really hard to please players league after league, yet it's a double-edged sword. Sure, the old players get new exciting stuff to do every league, but game mechanics and currencies got exponentially convoluted at this point, there is no way to fix this except to scrap everything and started from tile one.

Skill tree: its a totally cosmetic map just to confuse/show-off, new players would think wow we got such a freedom to choose our skills! no, if you deviate even a single point from a goto build guide you are fked sorry!

With purchase of every tabs GGG throwed out there I can still have many items/currencies that DO NOT belong to any tab?! I mean wtf is this BS? why don't they just adapt to 99.99% of games out there with gold/silver system?

All skills and game mechanics are super confusing to new players, we need to jump throw layers of layers of layers of layers hoops just to understand basically what interact or can't with what. just reading the in-game description is doing jack to help players understand this game.
Exam 1: A node stating this: increase and decrease in minion damage also effects you. Then when I slap in minion damage gem I got nothing?!
Exam 2: RF is a spell I have to cast to activate, how come +spell damage doesn't add anything to it? And how come I do not leech anything from RF when the skill clearly said "leech 1% fire damage as life"???

Now don't get me started on crafting, even veteran players need couple dedicated web sites to help them understand how to, let alone new players.

there are many sh!ts like these put me off and hate this game for real, when D4 out you know what will happen already.

Also I need to mention even tho the game is so freaking messy complicated, the game only rewards nerdy players who "understand" the game because they play it and spent time on it more than their main job. If you are a new player who play diligently and farming low to mid tier maps you will never reach true end game, because things like head-hunter/mageblood only drop from end boss, I can "farm" 10 hours a day and all I get is to accumulate chaos one by one.

This will be the future for PoE: 98% of new players will not stay, veteran player numbers dwindle league after league.

So, point by point.

Yes, league mechanics and currency are complicated, welcome to poe. You don't need to engage with every single aspect of the game at the same time, find what you like doing then dabble in new mechanics & other areas till you gain an understanding of them. You can't expect to learn everything there is to offer in this game overnight.

The skill tree is fine, if you believe that any deviation is the path to failure then you still have a lot to learn. You should be deviating in every build except those optimised down to a razor's edge like aurabots. Deviation is the tool you use to trade DPS / Tankiness for build essentials that you cannot yet afford on gear.

Very few currencies don't have an associated tab these days, tabs are looking extremely clean compared to a few years ago. Also, the question of why poe doesn't use a coin-based currency is such a dead horse that beating it is gonna turn the ancient skeleton into dust. The whole point of the trade system in poe is that it is barter-based, love it or hate it; that was one of the core principles the game is designed around.

Yeah, skills are complicated, once again welcome to poe. The complexity of the game is the whole point. The core layer of damage always comes down to Basic skill > Add flat damage > Multiply by combined increased damage > Multiply by each individual source of More damage. Everything else comes down to researching specific mechanics. Have the wiki open, look up interactions, test in PoB. Increases and reductions to minion damage works as intended, minion damage support is a more multiplier not an increased multiplier. The difference between increased / reduced & more / less is one of the first things you learn as a new player about attribute modifiers in poe. Spell damage doesn't apply to damage over time skills unless they specifically say so, leech never applies to damage over time.

Crafting is only as complicated as you want it to be, it's perfectly easy to make a decent item by buying a fractured base and then spamming 1 or 2 currency items on it followed by a benchcraft. If you want to make super expensive crafted items for profit then you should need to work for it and have extensive knowledge. The fact that knowledge and skill actually result in superior craftsmanship & profit in poe is one of the best parts about the crafting system and furthermore the game as a whole.

If you can't be bothered to accumulate knowledge and learn, or alternatively you also don't want to run simple strats with premade builds then this is not the game for you.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
Last edited by Zionyaru on May 3, 2023, 8:43:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info