why PoE is dying

I love PoE. After D4 releases though, I'm more than likely going to ditch PoE for awhile. The game is just too hard/tedious for people that cannot no-life it. Maybe one day I'll have time to learn this game fully, but I doubt it.
Last edited by Situpcody on May 3, 2023, 9:42:21 AM
Yeah, as soon as D4 releases, I'm f***ing out of here. F*** this game.
"
HwtChirino wrote:

you even have a mageblood...i guess the poe experience doesnt get any better when you're rich.
"
Situpcody wrote:
I love PoE. After D4 releases though, I'm more than likely going to ditch PoE for awhile. The game is just too hard/tedious for people that cannot no-life it. Maybe one day I'll have time to learn this game fully, but I doubt it.

This is pretty much where I'm at. Poe has had years of horrible performance for many, low quality graphics in a lot of places, QoL that's either missing entirely or held behind a pay wall, non existent balance not just for player power but also for mobs, systems so purposely convoluted and verbose you need multiple 3rd party sites just to function, near zero screen clarity by the time you hit maps, near instant non telegraphed monster attacks, the list goes on.

And yet, what's really put me off is exactly what you said; unless you actually no life poe, you aren't going to find shit. The loot is sadly missing in this loot based arpg.

So yea, I'm stoked for D4. I HOPE it's far more casual then PoE, because I'm over the purposely exaggerated RNG where your expected to put in hundreds of hours in a single league, just for currency to then buy your gear.

Ree.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
HwtChirino wrote:

you even have a mageblood...i guess the poe experience doesnt get any better when you're rich.

Actually it get's worse...When you realize that the only thing to do in end game is farm to farm getting rich is just a matter of time.

If you are poor and cannot progress you seeing the game as flawed and hard, which is why GGG is desperately trying to nerf things to make it harder for people to reach the point were the game is just a clicking simulator to farm for farming priviledges.

They cannot really keep it fresh every league, we can all see that they just print out copy pasted league mechanics add either chests or throw a damn tree on something and they call it fresh.

Imagine investing so much in crucible to make a new skippable entirely map layout with 7 packs of monsters just to melt some trees in between...Cuz yea, we didn't have a new tree since Archnemesys and the new revamped atlas.

And the game is in this state for a very long time..

Even if D4 fails to bring something really new, at least it will be a good way of drifting from this Farmville simulator, and just do other stuff...
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on May 3, 2023, 5:20:05 PM
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
HwtChirino wrote:

Definitely gets worse as you get richer. You get more attached to the characters because of the level of effort you spent building them but then GGG nuclear nerfs them into irrelevance.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
Situpcody wrote:

This is pretty much where I'm at. Poe has had years of horrible performance for many, low quality graphics in a lot of places, QoL that's either missing entirely or held behind a pay wall, non existent balance not just for player power but also for mobs, systems so purposely convoluted and verbose you need multiple 3rd party sites just to function, near zero screen clarity by the time you hit maps, near instant non telegraphed monster attacks, the list goes on.

And yet, what's really put me off is exactly what you said; unless you actually no life poe, you aren't going to find shit. The loot is sadly missing in this loot based arpg.

So yea, I'm stoked for D4. I HOPE it's far more casual then PoE, because I'm over the purposely exaggerated RNG where your expected to put in hundreds of hours in a single league, just for currency to then buy your gear.

Ree.

Dude, you like, don't get it man! Currency, trading, league mechanics, etc. have replaced getting actual cool loot! You are so stuck in the 1990's and 2000's when Diablo reigned supreme.

But seriously, for a game that touts itself as some self proclaimed successor to D2, it sure misses the boat with droppable loot.

Why do I have to craft in order to create cool loot? Why can't it drop? And furthermore, if I must craft (and lord knows GGG hates determinism), why are there 5, 6, whatever amount of ways to craft that are never fully explained? Why can't everything be on the crafting bench with an explanation of how to craft it?

People who whiteknight PoE don't realize how messed up the actual game is when you look at it from an outside perspective. It's the exact opposite (afaik) of any other ARPG when it comes to the amount of crafting vs. useable loot. Grim Dawn, Diablo, Torchlight 2, and even Last Epoch all have great loot that drops and then crafting that augment it.

PoE has terrible loot that must be crafted on ad nauseum to get something useable. And heaven help you if you somehow screw up and brick your item. Back to square one for you! Experimentation is severely punished, and even if you could experiment, gathering all the crafting junk takes forever, and usually requires trying to trade on the trade site... Which is another issue.

The current method of trade needs to DIAF. People shouldn't be forced to choose finishing a map, or leaving to trade. GGG has proven they can pause instanced content (they did it with Ultimatum), so ffs, pause the game so the trade can go through, without forcing the poor player to leave the map or boss. Even Everquest had better trading than PoE, and that is really saying something.
"
jdp29 wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
Situpcody wrote:

Ree.

As a veteran POE player... there's google for everything! Yes I am a casual player too!
If you can't control it, STOP.
"
jdp29 wrote:

Dude, you like, don't get it man! Currency, trading, league mechanics, etc. have replaced getting actual cool loot! You are so stuck in the 1990's and 2000's when Diablo reigned supreme.

But seriously, for a game that touts itself as some self proclaimed successor to D2, it sure misses the boat with droppable loot.

Why do I have to craft in order to create cool loot? Why can't it drop? And furthermore, if I must craft (and lord knows GGG hates determinism), why are there 5, 6, whatever amount of ways to craft that are never fully explained? Why can't everything be on the crafting bench with an explanation of how to craft it?

People who whiteknight PoE don't realize how messed up the actual game is when you look at it from an outside perspective. It's the exact opposite (afaik) of any other ARPG when it comes to the amount of crafting vs. useable loot. Grim Dawn, Diablo, Torchlight 2, and even Last Epoch all have great loot that drops and then crafting that augment it.

PoE has terrible loot that must be crafted on ad nauseum to get something useable. And heaven help you if you somehow screw up and brick your item. Back to square one for you! Experimentation is severely punished, and even if you could experiment, gathering all the crafting junk takes forever, and usually requires trying to trade on the trade site... Which is another issue.

The current method of trade needs to DIAF. People shouldn't be forced to choose finishing a map, or leaving to trade. GGG has proven they can pause instanced content (they did it with Ultimatum), so ffs, pause the game so the trade can go through, without forcing the poor player to leave the map or boss. Even Everquest had better trading than PoE, and that is really saying something.

I said poe is a crafting simulator for a while due to arpg is about dropping loot.
The GGG design team lost the sight of what makes these games, this games.

Diablo4 will run poe2 over.
poe2 be a niche no lifer gamers game.
anyone else simply play diablo4 as its pretty and rewards players and respect thier time and is way more fair than poe and poe2 will ever be.

after 12 years, I can finally play a game that is an arpg with diablo4.
beta was amazing.
"
skjutengris wrote:

I said poe is a crafting simulator for a while due to arpg is about dropping loot.
The GGG design team lost the sight of what makes these games, this games.

Diablo4 will run poe2 over.
poe2 be a niche no lifer gamers game.
anyone else simply play diablo4 as its pretty and rewards players and respect thier time and is way more fair than poe and poe2 will ever be.

after 12 years, I can finally play a game that is an arpg with diablo4.
beta was amazing.

The correct genre you are looking for is hack and slash cause arpgs are NOT about loot explosions.

Various monster hunter games are a arpg, heck even league of legends and final fantasy are a arpg. Where's the loot aspect in those games hmm?

Besides that quite a bold prediction without any final release informations or gameplay of both games and patches lol
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 4, 2023, 9:50:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info