why PoE is dying

ggg really need to rework action gems balance
so many skills to play and 10% can do endgame
only nerfs and nothing
i am not ballista enjoyer or totem oneshots, but devs leave no choice :(
They haven't tried to please us since 3.8, they officially stopped trying to please us and changed the game entirely at 3.9 with Sirus.

That was the beginning of the end. I liked the 3.7 iteration of the game. All down hill after 3.8
When most people ask you where is your char when they see you play POE you should know there is a problem.Jump on the horse and let your cape wave behind you.
"
Doomleague wrote:
ggg really need to rework action gems balance
so many skills to play and 10% can do endgame
only nerfs and nothing
i am not ballista enjoyer or totem oneshots, but devs leave no choice :(

Yeah because the following builds/skills/archtypes clearly do not exist:

- Anything poison related like impending doom, exsanguinate, stormburst and even tornado shot and SRS.
- All shield based attacks like SST, general's cry shield crush.
- CoC
- Cold dot
- Cold to fire conversion ignite
- Corrupting fever
- All versions of attribute stacking.
- Every single skill that interacts with vengeant cascade including molten strike.
- All trap skills but especially ice trap, explosive trap and even ice spear with trap support.
- Hexblast or eye of winter mines.

This list covers: mines, traps, minions, melee, bow, spells selfcasted, triggered spells and every single thing can complete the entire game.
I dunno but I just made a new char and I immediately decided to quit. First zone has ranged enemies that run faster than I can hit. You literally can't catch them unless you're lucky and the AI sits still. 3rd zone has shield enemies that freeze / slow me down to the point where I can't even do damage to them before their shield regens.

There's 0 quality control and they don't give a damn. It's so sloppy, why on earth would anyone play a game that is so insultingly designed against fun?
Last edited by adamsaun on May 7, 2023, 9:41:14 AM
"
adamsaun wrote:
I dunno but I just made a new char and I immediately decided to quit. First zone has ranged enemies that run faster than I can hit. You literally can't catch them unless you're lucky and the AI sits still. 3rd zone has shield enemies that freeze / slow me down to the point where I can't even do damage to them before their shield regens.

There's 0 quality control and they don't give a damn. It's so sloppy, why on earth would anyone play a game that is so insultingly designed against fun?

Or you run ahead of them, like you always do in games where this is true, and start your attack from that advanced position.
Listen Poe is a game where you are expected to come into with a lot of arpg experience, new players have a chance of encountering Uber hillock in the first zone , Poe doesn't care about your feelings, Poe is about learning over time , after your first character, you will start to notice things like , capping Element resistances is a must for most builds, you can't go full DPS or full defenses on the passive tree, I made over 10 characters so far and only now I can make my own , and only basic builds , up to red maps, I am still thousands of hours 2 early, to make my own Uber killers, if you are not willing to make many characters and level many times , you won't get far in the game
"
damir21 wrote:
Listen Poe is a game where you are expected to come into with a lot of arpg experience, new players have a chance of encountering Uber hillock in the first zone , Poe doesn't care about your feelings, Poe is about learning over time , after your first character, you will start to notice things like , capping Element resistances is a must for most builds, you can't go full DPS or full defenses on the passive tree, I made over 10 characters so far and only now I can make my own , and only basic builds , up to red maps, I am still thousands of hours 2 early, to make my own Uber killers, if you are not willing to make many characters and level many times , you won't get far in the game

This.
It is not fun, its frustrating. I don't look forward to playing, its anxiety when I don't. A game meant to trigger addictive behavior, nothing else.

Used to be fun though.
"
Simple2012 wrote:
The point is, the game is super complicated and it discourages new players from getting into the game.

There are a lot of games that discourage me from getting into them for all sorts of reasons. Should they all change to cater to what would get me in the door?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info