why PoE is dying

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
RitualMurder wrote:

you have a lot to learn my dude

True but this game sure as fuck doesn't help you there. The new player experience is absolutely brutal.

It's an interesting model, fully acknowledging that you have real problems appealing to new players, and scaling their experience. Eventually you can see the problem in this calculation if players leaving eclipse new player retention overall.

Since Expedition, with some outliers, PoE had been attracting more and more players through aggressive marketing, but their retention numbers have suffered equally percentage wise. I never thought it was a compliment to say "wow look at all the players trying our game!", to then see "wow I guess most people don't like it."

Either way we will find out in around 4 weeks how many of those casual players want to continue their PoE PhD studies, or just move the fuck on with a game that respects their time more.

this game sure as shit dont hold your hand its frustrating as fuck sometimes
but its like anything else in life the struggle often makes the payoff feel that much better

i currently am kinda on a break from poe burnt out and tired of the current trends and design choices but its still a great game and the best of the genre right now
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
It's been dying for years now just saying

ahahah yo yo yo

It fucking died in d3
it fucking died in D2R
It's going to die in D4
It's going to die in X
It's going to die in Y

Oh please
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 28, 2023, 7:02:57 PM
Diablo 6 is poe killer.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
poe2 is poe killer
The game is dead since the removal of le toucan, change my mind
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Apr 28, 2023, 7:43:33 PM
I think i seen like 100 threads ever since like 2015 that PoE is "dying" and that X game will kill PoE and yet nothing has happened and never will becuz its only growing bigger
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Apr 28, 2023, 9:46:39 PM
No. the games doing really well considering it's a skeleton crew working on POE1 10+ years after launch. Don't forget the vast majority of players "quitting" and complaining play every single league.
"
AmpegV4 wrote:
No. the games doing really well considering it's a skeleton crew working on POE1 10+ years after launch. Don't forget the vast majority of players "quitting" and complaining play every single league.

Or posting lengthy and passionate diatribes about how PoE ought to be when they no longer even play the game. Seems at once sad and more than a little odd. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
AmpegV4 wrote:

Or posting lengthy and passionate diatribes about how PoE ought to be when they no longer even play the game. Seems at once sad and more than a little odd. =9[.]9=

No kidding. It never ceases to amaze me the number of complaints that happen about the difficulty of the game. And then the number of "solutions" to the problems that are thin arguments to make the game "better." No one wants to actually learn to play a game anymore, they just want everything from gear to maps handed to them the second they make their first character.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
It's been dying for years now just saying

ahahah yo yo yo

It fucking died in d3
it fucking died in D2R
It's going to die in D4
It's going to die in X
It's going to die in Y

Oh please

I don't think we will get to see the end of this post once poe really dies mostly because you will be playing something else like everyone else...or at least 1k of lunatic players will still play poe , and that technically means the game is dead.

And POE will be dying in d4 that's a fact...maybe not for you, but for me and a lot of other players that will be true.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Apr 30, 2023, 2:35:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info