why PoE is dying

Poe Devs have been trying really hard to please players league after league, yet it's a double-edged sword. Sure, the old players get new exciting stuff to do every league, but game mechanics and currencies got exponentially convoluted at this point, there is no way to fix this except to scrap everything and started from tile one.

Skill tree: its a totally cosmetic map just to confuse/show-off, new players would think wow we got such a freedom to choose our skills! no, if you deviate even a single point from a goto build guide you are fked sorry!

With purchase of every tabs GGG throwed out there I can still have many items/currencies that DO NOT belong to any tab?! I mean wtf is this BS? why don't they just adapt to 99.99% of games out there with gold/silver system?

All skills and game mechanics are super confusing to new players, we need to jump throw layers of layers of layers of layers hoops just to understand basically what interact or can't with what. just reading the in-game description is doing jack to help players understand this game.
Exam 1: A node stating this: increase and decrease in minion damage also effects you. Then when I slap in minion damage gem I got nothing?!
Exam 2: RF is a spell I have to cast to activate, how come +spell damage doesn't add anything to it? And how come I do not leech anything from RF when the skill clearly said "leech 1% fire damage as life"???

Now don't get me started on crafting, even veteran players need couple dedicated web sites to help them understand how to, let alone new players.

there are many sh!ts like these put me off and hate this game for real, when D4 out you know what will happen already.

Also I need to mention even tho the game is so freaking messy complicated, the game only rewards nerdy players who "understand" the game because they play it and spent time on it more than their main job. If you are a new player who play diligently and farming low to mid tier maps you will never reach true end game, because things like head-hunter/mageblood only drop from end boss, I can "farm" 10 hours a day and all I get is to accumulate chaos one by one.

This will be the future for PoE: 98% of new players will not stay, veteran player numbers dwindle league after league.
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2023, 11:04:54 PM
hoho
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Apr 28, 2023, 3:42:44 PM
The solution for every POE issue is to grind more and pray to the God of Luck.
-Sun Tzu-
whole lotta "i dont understand the game" going on here

you have a lot to learn my dude

wait till you start trying to understand armor calculations ^ ^
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Why is he hiding his character tab?
Had no idea PoE was dying, thanks for letting me know. This is grave news.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
RitualMurder wrote:

you have a lot to learn my dude

True but this game sure as fuck doesn't help you there. The new player experience is absolutely brutal.

It's an interesting model, fully acknowledging that you have real problems appealing to new players, and scaling their experience. Eventually you can see the problem in this calculation if players leaving eclipse new player retention overall.

Since Expedition, with some outliers, PoE had been attracting more and more players through aggressive marketing, but their retention numbers have suffered equally percentage wise. I never thought it was a compliment to say "wow look at all the players trying our game!", to then see "wow I guess most people don't like it."

Either way we will find out in around 4 weeks how many of those casual players want to continue their PoE PhD studies, or just move the fuck on with a game that respects their time more.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
bobpoexa wrote:
This will be the future for PoE: 98% of new players will not stay, veteran player numbers dwindle league after league.

Interesting asseration after they've had pretty steady player growth each league for nearly a decade, and this league posted the best numbers they've ever had for a league start. It seems like you're drawing litterally the opposite conclusion from what the data suggests because your frustrated.

And to refute your first point, they haven't made any of the past, what six leagues? Go core. They realized their growth problem and shut off the faucet for now, perhaps to figure out what old stuff is on the chopper if they want to add more new stuff (or just be fine with what exists, and keep it that way at least until PoE2 is good and ready.

Also you can shift nearly every build by like 20 points without bricking it, both as a growth shift (i.e getting +30 stat nodes until you secure the gear to fill that, or particular mastery to handle a problem while leveling until a unique, jewel or other fix is viable (heck there's a few mastery 100% designed to just do that and be sorta dead at late game).

All in all, this feels like a troll account, and not a particularly witty one.
So what if something's hard or confusing to new players. It means the game is complicated, not simple like you try to make it sound like.

The "exams" you posted are very easy to look up, just like everything else in 2023.

Your post is nothing but a frustrated rant we've seen countless of times.

For your knowledge, the game "has been dying" since release. That's how long people have made these dumb threads.
Yeah maybe
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Apr 28, 2023, 5:38:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info