Current Minion Survivability Problems... Video of the Problem

"
Bleak_Horizon wrote:
https://youtu.be/WdIT3RkCy3I - Youtube Video on the Problem

I've put in countless hours on minion builds this league, Orbaal. I know what i'm talking about. 4 months of testing and building minion builds.

teehee. 4 months of time is....not enough to know EVERYTHING about minions. Like Orbaal said, he's been playing minion builds 8 years. I've been making minion builds for the entire duration of my PoE life (11 years now). At least 1, usually 2 per league. Check out Ghastly: he is the foremost expert on all things minion in PoE. HE has done the real legwork here and seems to be fine having minions do ubers...(certain minions ofc, we all know zombies are effectively useless now).

Orbaal points out the biggest problem with how people view minions: they think they know all because their builds melt everything and minions deal zdps. But there is a LOT of knowledge that goes into defensive minions that you basically ignore entirely. In the past, you never had to worry about them because there were no ubers and base summons without defenses could survive all content. But nowadays...you actually need to pay attention to your minion defenses.

Basically your minions need the same defenses that YOU have as a player: max block, some kind of recovery, maxed resists, phys reduction if possible, lifelifelife, etc. You were provided with a tree that completely changed the way your minions work (courtesy of Orbaal) and you disregard it. You have NO idea how much 50% more life, recovery, and max block would do to your minion survivability. Sure, they might STILL die but on average that tree alone would probably increase their survivability upwards of 90% compared to your original builds/posts/videos. Most of the defenses you list are piling nothing onto nothing, like using tons of multipliers when the base effect is 0.

Most minion build guides, if that is where you got your start or inspiration, are NOT built to do ubers. Ubers require specific attention, mechanics, and know-how. For ALL builds. I would argue that 20+ delirium requires even MORE attention because the second you roll a single mod that your minions don't have defense against BOOM they are insta-dead.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Mar 27, 2023, 6:21:53 PM
minions used to be my favorite build to play but i stopped playing them a few leagues ago because of this issue. and i wasnt trying to kill uber bosses with them. my minions were dying in alch n go maps.

balance is really bad in this game,. they either completely ruin something or let it go OP forever like seismic trap for example. there is no in between.
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Mar 27, 2023, 6:46:40 PM
"
teehee. 4 months of time is....not enough to know EVERYTHING about minions. Like Orbaal said, he's been playing minion builds 8 years. I've been making minion builds for the entire duration of my PoE life (11 years now). At least 1, usually 2 per league. Check out Ghastly: he is the foremost expert on all things minion in PoE. HE has done the real legwork here and seems to be fine having minions do ubers...(certain minions ofc, we all know zombies are effectively useless now).

Orbaal points out the biggest problem with how people view minions: they think they know all because their builds melt everything and minions deal zdps. But there is a LOT of knowledge that goes into defensive minions that you basically ignore entirely. In the past, you never had to worry about them because there were no ubers and base summons without defenses could survive all content. But nowadays...you actually need to pay attention to your minion defenses.

Basically your minions need the same defenses that YOU have as a player: max block, some kind of recovery, maxed resists, phys reduction if possible, lifelifelife, etc. You were provided with a tree that completely changed the way your minions work (courtesy of Orbaal) and you disregard it. You have NO idea how much 50% more life, recovery, and max block would do to your minion survivability. Sure, they might STILL die but on average that tree alone would probably increase their survivability upwards of 90% compared to your original builds/posts/videos. Most of the defenses you list are piling nothing onto nothing, like using tons of multipliers when the base effect is 0.

Most minion build guides, if that is where you got your start or inspiration, are NOT built to do ubers. Ubers require specific attention, mechanics, and know-how. For ALL builds. I would argue that 20+ delirium requires even MORE attention because the second you roll a single mod that your minions don't have defense against BOOM they are insta-dead.

** Sadly, you have no clue how minions work now days. you don't need recovery, maxed resists, phys reduction or lifelifelife for minions. What you need is Liege of the primordial or Elemancer for Golem builds and only 1 class in the game can use them. Zombies are just zergfest to kill ubers. I like to point out that in my video i had maxed out block/spell block, regen, and phy reduction for my Golems and they still died. I think you missed that part of the video ? ***

You can get MR 33 years playing Minion builds but the fact is that my Golems died with every minion node in the game to stay alive with bone offering and necromancer tree.

ps.. the sad fact is you can't keep minions alive with trying to buff them with everything against ubers & sim 20+
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 27, 2023, 7:22:37 PM
"

Show me a perfect minion build like this please ? i would like to see it

11 years of playing and a lot minion builds. Let's see that great minion build ?

Ps.. 11 x 2 = 22 builds. I've made about 30+ this league. I lost count.
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 27, 2023, 7:29:30 PM
Orbaal = Nothing to show but words. No PoB, Video, or Stream - 8 years
jsuslak313 = Nothing to show but words. No PoB, Video, or Stream - 11 years

All talk..

A lot of hot air going around here
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 27, 2023, 7:49:07 PM
https://pobb.in/16_4eThyEJVL - PoB for build in Stream
https://youtube.com/watch?v=GcFK12D6PuI - Live Stream of a so call bad build by a bad minion builder
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 27, 2023, 8:02:59 PM
minions dying is one thing but why are YOU constantly dying? you die 3-4 times in every attempt at eater....the fight mechanic is not that hard to learn
"
minions dying is one thing but why are YOU constantly dying? you die 3-4 times in every attempt at eater....the fight mechanic is not that hard to learn

you don't die doing Uber Eater or Worlds ?!
"
Bleak_Horizon wrote:
"

you don't die doing Uber Eater or Worlds ?!

if i were to make a video to post here, i would try my hardest not to constantly die. it looks unprofessional to showcase a video like this.
"
f i were to make a video to post here, i would try my hardest not to constantly die. it looks unprofessional to showcase a video like this.

*** Reality ***

-- Is it better to show the truth of things ?

*** An Uncut stream shows more about someone and the thing they are doing than watching a cut video on Youtube *** Reality of the truth and not what they're showing you to be true.

Question ? Would you believe someone who makes a youtube video that's cut into pieces or a stream that can't be cut ?
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 27, 2023, 9:44:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info