Current Minion Survivability Problems... Video of the Problem

So do I.

Ive been playing minions builds for 8 years ;)

And I saw the builds you keep posting. They dont work, because you ignore the basics. You just try to stack as much dmg as you can, producing nice PoB numbers but the builds arent functional outside of PoB.
Have a great day
https://youtu.be/VKybGluvvaM - you have a nice day too !

This build right here is a great build and proves the build can do everything in the game.

If i knew who you were i would love to see a stream of doing Uber bosses or a throw down to see who's better in the game!

Ps.. i'll show anyone who wants to see my builds work on stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HDtabcJ8jE - Live Stream for anyone who wants to see the problems live. Just ask questions or ask me do something with minions. I'll do my best to show the problems.
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 27, 2023, 8:12:00 AM
I agree with topic starter: Current Minion Survivability need a big Buff after all minions nerfs...
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
"
Orbaal wrote:
So do I.

Ive been playing minions builds for 8 years ;)

And I saw the builds you keep posting. They dont work, because you ignore the basics. You just try to stack as much dmg as you can, producing nice PoB numbers but the builds arent functional outside of PoB.

In all fairness, if GGG's going to keep throwing timed leagues at you where you're encouraged to complete them as quickly as possible, meaning you need to either run a speed clear build or one powerful enough to 1shot everything you see, sacrificing DPS just makes the game feel worse.

And it's not like summoners have a whole lot available for speed clear builds anymore either. GGG keeps nerfing spectre gem, Redemption Sentries and Primal Crushclaws got nerfed, zombies are all glass and no cannon, Syndicate Operatives got fixed and consequently gutted, aura cluster jewels got removed, to name a few. Summon Reaper never had its chance to shine and has been terrible since release. The best you've got now are either popcorn SRS (which is less a minion and more a homing projectile) or skeleton mages only because of Blessed Rebirth jewel, but I expect it's only a matter of time until those get nerfed as well.

I can't blame OP for wanting to optimize DPS in a game that punishes you for not having enough of it. That's not to say there's no room for improvement. If you can squeeze in minion survivability without grossly increasing the cost to make the build function or giving up a big chunk of DPS, then it should be considered.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Mar 27, 2023, 12:17:18 PM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

I can't blame OP for wanting to optimize DPS in a game that punishes you for not having enough of it. That's not to say there's no room for improvement. If you can squeeze in minion survivability without grossly increasing the cost to make the build function or giving up a big chunk of DPS, then it should be considered.

Fair enough and it works like a charm for most content except uber bosses.

For those fights you either bring the big guns and nuke them outright or whittle them down bit by bit and then you have to bring the endurance for yourself and the minions to stay alive for as long as it takes.

His build has neither
I just finished watching the video and I could not agree more. I made a reddit post earlier addressing the same thing.

https://reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/11g3wmz/permanent_minions_are_in_a_really_terrible_spot/

Basically the tldr is that you currently cannot balance your survivalability, your minions survivalability, and your minions damage given the current tools in the game. I play Zombies and currently you cannot do the Feared (like at all, it's impossible to keep them alive), most Ubers are impossible (Uber Sirus is comically difficult), and I lose a zombie every few t16 maps (usually to essence monsters).

I really hope GGG walks back some of these nerfs, it's ridiculous at this point.
"
Fair enough and it works like a charm for most content except uber bosses.

For those fights you either bring the big guns and nuke them outright or whittle them down bit by bit and then you have to bring the endurance for yourself and the minions to stay alive for as long as it takes.

His build has neither

Why are you attacking me ? The point of the thread is minion survivability. The strength or weakness of my builds matter nothing.

Sadly.. I'm going to toot my own horn here and say my builds can do everything in the game. I'll even say they are the best minion builds in the game.

Ps... youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8OKK2J605yYFv0fKyzg1BQ ( if you want to see my one of my builds on stream i'm more than willing to do it. I'll not lie about what it can and can't do has well )

&&& Sorry i didn't want to make this about my youtube channel but Guy is forcing my hand here &&&&
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 27, 2023, 1:16:03 PM
"
Bleak_Horizon wrote:

Why are you attacking me ? The point of the thread is minion survivability.

Im not attacking you, calm down.
If anything Im contradicting your initial statement:

"
I see no way of keeping Golems or Zombies alive during Uber Bosses and 20+ Waves of Simulacrum.

This is incorrect.
Both, Sim30 and Uber Bosses, have been farmed consistently with Golem builds since the introduction of the content in question.

You not knowing how to do it does not mean its impossible nor does it take the methods you are describing. There are other ways to do it and those ways do work.
"
This is incorrect.
Both, Sim30 and Uber Bosses, have been farmed consistently with Golem builds since the introduction of the content in question.

You not knowing how to do it does not mean its impossible nor does it take the methods you are describing. There are other ways to do it and those ways do work.

you're still missing the point of the post

PS.. Please show me a PoB or live Stream of any Golem Build doing Sim 30. I would love to see both.

"
I see a big problem with Minion Survivability. After testing minions for 4 months straight and making Builds in 3.20. I see no way of keeping Golems or Zombies alive during Uber Bosses and 20+ Waves of Simulacrum. Sadly, i've had to come up with ways to make them stay alive. All the ways to keep Golems and Zombies alive are WITCH ONLY has well.

***** The ways i've had to keep them alive in 3.20 *****
- Forbidden Flesh & Flame - Liege of the Primordial ( Witch Only ) Resummons Golems after Death in 4 seconds
- Forbidden Flesh & Flame - Elemancer ( Witch Only ) Keeps Golems alive
- Play Summoning Raging Spirits - Easy Fix to playing Minions

***** Things i've noticed testing and building Minions *****
- No amount of talent points or gear/items keep Zombies alive during Uber bosses & Simulacrum
- No amount of talent points keep Golems alive during Uber Bosses & Simulacrum.

+++ The current state of the game is forcing players to use Witch to play Golem builds for end game ++++

+++ Zombies are just broken +++

Make sure you read it...
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 27, 2023, 1:40:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info