Current Minion Survivability Problems... Video of the Problem

"
So do I.

Ive been playing minions builds for 8 years ;)

And I saw the builds you keep posting. They dont work, because you ignore the basics. You just try to stack as much dmg as you can, producing nice PoB numbers but the builds arent functional outside of PoB.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret i know, Orbaal...

There is non basics to build making...

Kill or be killed - Win or Lose ( Kill and Win is all that matters in PoE )
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 27, 2023, 1:54:44 PM
I read your OP and checked the PoB, which is why I posted in the first place.

Your conclusion is wrong and remains wrong, no m atter how often you repeat yourself or plug your channel
Last edited by Orbaal on Mar 27, 2023, 2:02:20 PM
nvm
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Mar 27, 2023, 2:08:34 PM
https://pobb.in/Zj8sJuPDSCn8 - I made this build Orbaal. Does this build follow the basics of minion building ? or it can't do anything in the game ?

* 33 mil Full DPS
* EHP - 416k
* Phys Max Hit - 51K
* Elemental Max Hit - 82k
* Chaos Max Hit - 28k

Phys. Damage Reduction - 90%
Block Chance - 76%
Spell block Chance - 75%
Spell Suppression Chance - 100%

Max Fire, Cold, and Lightning resist to 85%
Chaos Resist - 52%

If you remove Elemancer forbidden flesh & flame the build is useless. The Minion Survivability Problems will crush it into the dirt.

https://pobb.in/NqWHB3CA0kKI - I changed the build to try and make it work without Elemancer forbidden flesh and flame.

It has good stats for everything like the 1st one i posted.

The problem is that this doesn't keep your Golems alive on a boss fight or allow you to win.
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 27, 2023, 2:26:52 PM
"
Bleak_Horizon wrote:

If you remove Elemancer forbidden flesh & flame the build is useless. The Minion Survivability Problems will crush it into the dirt.

This isnt helping you.

Both builds invested next to nothing into minion survivability and the result is: They die.

What other outcome could you possibly expect?
"
This isnt helping you.

Both builds invested next to nothing into minion survivability and the result is: They die.

What other outcome could you possibly expect?

The problem is that i do have minion survivablity.

- Bone offering
- grace or haste
- Determination
- Temporal Chains
- Defiance Banner
- Elemancer - Golems are Immune to Elemental Damage
- Commander of Darkness
- Bone Barrier
- Indomitable Army
- United in Dream - Minions Leech 5% of Damage as Life against Poisoned Enemies
- 2 nodes for Golem Life and Buff Effect

Even with all this stuff the minions will die. Remove Elemancer... Forget about it !!!

The base amount of life for Minions in the game is not high enough for them to stay alive.
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 27, 2023, 2:39:09 PM
"
Bleak_Horizon wrote:
The base amount of life for Minions in the game is not high enough for them to stay alive.

Tbh, I think this is how it should be... Isn't the whole concept of a 'minion' that they die (usually in great numbers)?
"
Tbh, I think this is how it should be... Isn't the whole concept of a 'minion' that they die (usually in great numbers)?

yes but, a necromancer would have a way to resummon a lot of minions at once has well ; D

*** If minions die during a fight it causes huge problems Map or Boss ***
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 27, 2023, 2:55:20 PM
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
Bleak_Horizon wrote:

Yes, and it's true for minions such as skeletons since they're very disposable.

However, this isn't as viable for other minions such as spectres or AG, especially in dangerous situations. Zombies are also the same to a lesser extent. I don't think it's fair to expect to lose something as crucial as a DPS spectre and then have to spam desecrate and raise a new one while you're being hammered by an aspirational boss or engaged in a fight with a juiced up essence mob. You don't have to do that with any other build.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Mar 27, 2023, 2:58:11 PM
"
Yes, and it's true for minions such as skeletons since they're very disposable.

However, this isn't as viable for other minions such as spectres or AG, especially in dangerous situations. Zombies are also the same to a lesser extent. I don't think it's fair to expect to lose something as crucial as a DPS spectre and then have to spam desecrate and raise a new one while you're being hammered by an aspirational boss or engaged in a fight with a juiced up essence mob.

I think you can say AG, Zombies, Spectres, and all golems fall under if they die its really bad for you.

Great Post
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 27, 2023, 2:58:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info