Streamers are all gushing over D4 - what am I missing? It seems extremely shallow compared to POE

from what I seen, they like the diablo asethic so are playing the game, oh and the cutscenes are cool.
S L O W E R
Also ideally in an ARPG you want spikes of player power from level 1-100. This is where Diablo 2 really shined. Players should find the occasional item or passive that makes the next 5-15 levels trivial before needing an upgrade.

Again, Fun.

I've never really liked MMO's ever because of the way player power and monsters scale. It doesn't matter if your level 1 or level 100 your always doing relatively the same damage and same clear.

(Ultima Online was cool though)
Last edited by AmpegV4 on Mar 19, 2023, 8:21:18 AM
hoho Diablo is a touchy subject for some rofl hold the tears back guys its okayyyyyy.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
xPiranha wrote:
hoho Diablo is a touchy subject for some rofl hold the tears back guys its okayyyyyy.

We are discussing diablo 4 things on a POE forum...I think the tears you are referring to is not on the faces that you think they are.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
LMFAOOO

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/c/pc-general-discussion/5

Streamers? ooh please, 95% of the D4 forum threads claim that D4 is a Mobile Scam

Off course streamers will lie but if you watch their stream all you can see is a sh!tty mobile scam they are playing.

POE 2 will bury Diablo forever
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
Loot is everything in an ARPG and D4 fails that badly. POE reigns supreme and i'm glad tbh.

Ahahahahahahahahaahhahhaa, wait, you're serious?

Go turn off your loot filter and run just 1 map, come back and say you still stand behind your statement. Hell, use an uber strict filter and pick up every rare that the filter deems is worth showing, pile them up all in tabs unIDed, then when you collect a thousand, ID them all at once and see how many of those 1000 uber filter worthy rares are any good for anything.

PoE and good loot doesn't go in the same sentence unless it's to say it doesn't have good loot.
HC balance should be separate from SC I don't care which outdated 1993 game dev philosophy this goes against. youtube/twitch.tv/DESPAIR268

REVERT SUNDER :) REVERT SEISMIC CRY :) REVERT IMPALER :) REVERT GAME :)) MAKE DUALWIELD GREAT AGAIN :)
The reason is always the same, people have different tastes and have fun in different ways. People game for different reasons, competitively, for fun, because it's the genre they like the most, because they don't leave their mothers basement, shamming one because you do the other is really hypocritical.

It's like complaining racing games are just loops around a circle forever, that football are grown man chasing a ball, when PoE is just playing the same map over and over expecting good drops to do it faster.

Quoting a certain someone being probated: "It is what it is". Do what is fun for you and don't bitch when others are having fun their own way.
Last edited by Z3RoNightMare on Mar 19, 2023, 1:43:21 PM
"
Z3RoNightMare wrote:
Quoting a certain someone being probated: "It is what it is". Do what is fun for you and don't bitch when others are having fun their own way.

Bu... but fun? Who cares about fun?
Spoiler
Ye filthy casual!

Clearly PoE is the superior ARPG here. How can it be otherwise? Chris had promised me this. PoE2 will be a dawn of a new age. Another zenith of the ARPG genre that my grandson and his grandson after him will play for life! Diablo 4 is merely a distraction. An unholy amalgamation of the dumbdown Diablo Immoral and weeaboo Asia MMO. In other word, utter traash. You will agree with me, won't you?
You start reading some of the posts and can't tell if it's a PoE fanboy or DIV fanboy.
"
Vennto wrote:
In regards to positive streamer reviews I can just say the ones I watched weren't that happy with it. Shallow itemization and a very antique-feeling UI, long, repetetive dialogues and too much MmO-Influences were the biggest points of negative feedback I've witnessed. Not sure where u saw all that "gushing over"
Lvl 25 barb here on D4.Thats how I fealt very boring loot,dungeons pretty much all the same ,Wayyyyy to much walking,fealt like empty grey world with way to many cut scenes.I did enjoy barb combat so far tho.I know its just a taste of what d4 has to offer but it really wasnt that great so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info