Enabling the Trade Site for Console Players

For many years i thought our trade market on console was a "beta" for future poe trading system. Looks like i was wrong with the recent trading manifesto.

Trading with web browser, whispers, invites, manually search an item over 30 tab (or 100+ for some players lol) it's all no. It's the reason i swap from pc to consoles

Here is few ideas instead that i sent several time during the last 4 years, let me tell some of them again, but kinda feel everytime they are not taken in consideration. (Only because i still love the game)

1: let us see GT from any item on TB. Will solve 90% of pricefixers and most of people will price at a decent price. But the prices are still not bad. If it's too expanssive, people simply do not buy. Ex was 80c on standard and mirror was 380-400ex. Cheaper than pc by approx 50% (no bots). Sometime people have difficulties to price items because they don't have reference points.( low population, no tools in Tb). (For privacy, i don't see where is the problem to see GT via TB while we gonna have a web browser to whisper people.. kinda same thing for me).

2: tools: someting we could activate: "see unique only" "see corrupted only" "see non-corrupted only". Etc (no highlight refreshing the tab while you activate such tool to see only these selected.

3: specefic research: no highlight anymore. If i search for "beyond" while looking at Burial Chambre map; it must refresh the page and only show BC with beyond.

4: priced item: no highlight anymore. Let it refresh the tabs and only show priced item from cheapest to more expanssive. Will help people pricing their item. Will promote players that sell cheap to get offers quicker and will make everybody see cheaper item first.

Results of these changes: the first map i'll see on TB will be the cheapest priced corrupted burial chambers with beyond :) .. if that map exist on tb..

There is soo many good improvments to be done.

Trading via web browser ruin the feeling of gaming, it's like comparing our evolution 50 years ago. People HAD to go out for shoping to buy things (web browsers, whispers, invites). Now we have amazone (trade market). When you go TB you never go back.

Even PC would prefer our trade market than web browser.

Not a fan of web browser, even reply is longer without keyboard. I don't want to use one and/or have my phone always on app for that. I just want to sit in front of my 65" TV, have a beer and chill with a controller.

So here is my feedback as you asked in your post.
STOP NERFING AURA
"
Primaeus wrote:
For many years i thought our trade market on console was a "beta" for future poe trading system. Looks like i was wrong with the recent trading manifesto.

Trading with web browser, whispers, invites, manually search an item over 30 tab (or 100+ for some players lol) it's all no. It's the reason i swap from pc to consoles

Here is few ideas instead that i sent several time during the last 4 years, let me tell some of them again, but kinda feel everytime they are not taken in consideration. (Only because i still love the game)

1: let us see GT from any item on TB. Will solve 90% of pricefixers and most of people will price at a decent price. But the prices are still not bad. If it's too expanssive, people simply do not buy. Ex was 80c on standard and mirror was 380-400ex. Cheaper than pc by approx 50% (no bots). Sometime people have difficulties to price items because they don't have reference points.( low population, no tools in Tb). (For privacy, i don't see where is the problem to see GT via TB while we gonna have a web browser to whisper people.. kinda same thing for me).

2: tools: someting we could activate: "see unique only" "see corrupted only" "see non-corrupted only". Etc (no highlight refreshing the tab while you activate such tool to see only these selected.

3: specefic research: no highlight anymore. If i search for "beyond" while looking at Burial Chambre map; it must refresh the page and only show BC with beyond.

4: priced item: no highlight anymore. Let it refresh the tabs and only show priced item from cheapest to more expanssive. Will help people pricing their item. Will promote players that sell cheap to get offers quicker and will make everybody see cheaper item first.

Results of these changes: the first map i'll see on TB will be the cheapest priced corrupted burial chambers with beyond :) .. if that map exist on tb..

There is soo many good improvments to be done.

Trading via web browser ruin the feeling of gaming, it's like comparing our evolution 50 years ago. People HAD to go out for shoping to buy things (web browsers, whispers, invites). Now we have amazone (trade market). When you go TB you never go back.

Even PC would prefer our trade market than web browser.

Not a fan of web browser, even reply is longer without keyboard. I don't want to use one and/or have my phone always on app for that. I just want to sit in front of my 65" TV, have a beer and chill with a controller.

So here is my feedback as you asked in your post.

Hate to break it to you, but this whole game is a beta test. I do agree with most of your points though I doubt they ever improve the trade board, but at this point I just hope they realize what a massive mistake this is and at the very least keep the tb in game alongside poe trade.
As a casual ssf player i cant say much about the changes thats coming. But what i have noticed is that the current system is flawed by having price fixers able to run the market as they please. Having the gamer tag up on the item would help in some ways. All they would need is a friend an another account. GGG could add a two step verification process an have a certain lvl that needs to be met to trade. Just some ideas. Constructive criticism is welcome.
a bad idea
Back in the day when I saw Path of Exile I looked into it and heard about the shitty trading, how there was no system in the game for it and it required massive amounts of third-party programs to make it playable, that was also the only way to progress for real, it turned me off the whole game and I forgot about it.

Once it was released on PS4 some friends got into it so I decided to play through the acts with them, only to find out it had an awesome trade system and actual good things going for it.

I remember hearing about the terrible trade system and just figured the company evolved and fixed those problems, now only after I've bought support packs and really gotten into the game does this cancerous ideology rear it's ugly head again.

Going into 3.19 I was excited about the support packs, creating builds, getting hyped, was literally about to buy the knight pack day one and keep rolling, now instead of coming up with build ideas and preparing ahead of time.. I'm wondering if this is still gonna be a game I want to play.. my ability to make currency will pretty much be eliminated, thus my ability to craft and make builds will also be eliminated, my ability to accumulate resources, trade off the ones I don't need and advance my build ideas.. will also be eliminated, basically my reason for playing or caring about the game will be gone.

I want to be able to relax with a fucking controller in my hand, hang out, play with the market, do maps, think about my builds, chill and be able to enjoy the game, but the design team has this backward ass mental idea in their heads that they have to force everyone into something they themselves want to do. If you don't want trade market, make servers that don't have it, remove it from leagues or only play SSF or whatever the fuck, I don't care, but leave standard alone, we don't want to abide by even your league bullshit anyway, why do you have to ruin ALL version of the game?

The designers want to force us back into a box like we're playing diablo in the 1990s and everything completely sucks ass, I don't care to be nose in a damn phone trying to harass morons to respond to sell something for 30 chaos, the hassle of that isn't worth it. I'm a fucking adult with jobs and shit stressing me that isn't a fucking video game, I don't want to deal with the infinite armies of brainless morons just because you don't want something that should be seamless and easy to be "Too easy" The game is already hard, crafting is a bitch, acquiring currency is a whole ball of shit in itself.

Adding an element of frustration to the game for absolutely no reason is nothing short of player sabotage, this is the kind of shit Blizzard is famous for, I don't think I want to play a game in which the development team is trying to make my life more annoying, not their game more enjoying or challenging, just more "want to blow your fucking brains out" annoying. Whoever has this garbage ideology stuck in their head and keeps trying to press it on the players needs to be fired out of a cannon into the sun.

As I've already stated, I can't live in this fucking game to run a trade economy and dedicate tons of time to coming up with builds and managing resources and all the other shit that goes into life, being alive and wanting something that isn't inside a video game.

Before this I've sung the praises of this game everywhere, and it is really hard to get new people into the game, and honestly, I've had the most luck getting people interested by talking about how I've been able to elevate my currency game, make crazy weird builds and that the most valuable thing I ever sold was a sword I made, all of that dies with this change. Hell, I'm a pretty damn dedicated player and the biggest question I now have about PoE is if it will still be worth interacting with anymore, even if they shelve this braindead shit, if the company can't be trusted enough to not try this again in the future then any money or time invested will be for not. The obvious answer is give the trade market to PC, not go into backwards ass bullshit trying to fit the future of your game into a cancerous design philosophy, it shows signs of major issues going forward if something this obviously stupid is being taken seriously.

As a player that really loves this game, I'm worried that it won't be worth playing anymore, that this change will force me into infinite headaches to be even close to what is possible now, or being no-tier garbage forever, neither of which I'm interested in doing to maintain the ability to play a game that the developers of clearly don't want me to have fun.

games are for our enjoyment, not for the developers to add "friction" to make our lives worse. if that is truly their design philosophy it will only be a matter of time until they achieve making the game so painful to play it isn't worth it.

Please flush this ideology out of your heads, you achieved progress with the trade market, make your progress move forward and put it on PC. Don't try to force degradation and devolution, nature always gets its way in the end, if you force stagnation the highly evolved will replace you.
Last edited by Kisada-122 on Aug 18, 2022, 11:47:02 PM
PogU
Console 6L 8 ex
PC 6L 15 c
😘
Are you gonna fix the thing where the trade site listings/player status don't update for...good grief, is it even as often as once every 15 minutes?
Awakened Combustion Support when?
I know there is this caution around making trade to fast and easy but as an adult with a full time job, I am finding it harder and harder to enjoy playing when on occasion I have literally spent 20+ minutes trying to get an item because the payer is either afk or doesn't want to lose a portal for the trade, I know 20 mins doesn't seem long but when you only have an hour to play its a lifetime, this is fine for the people that have the time to play but it feels like a kick in the teeth basically saying you are not allowed to enjoy our game if you have to work to live.

Surely there's a middle ground here somewhere ??
"
Dlloyd83 wrote:
I know there is this caution around making trade to fast and easy but as an adult with a full time job, I am finding it harder and harder to enjoy playing when on occasion I have literally spent 20+ minutes trying to get an item because the payer is either afk or doesn't want to lose a portal for the trade, I know 20 mins doesn't seem long but when you only have an hour to play its a lifetime, this is fine for the people that have the time to play but it feels like a kick in the teeth basically saying you are not allowed to enjoy our game if you have to work to live.

Surely there's a middle ground here somewhere ??

Starting 3.19 PC already has:
1. Buyer has the ability to create a message asking for the item you want by copy paste.
2. Seller gets noted about the item and has it highlighted inside his stash tab.

So all the tools for a smoother trade are here. Instead of invite and visiting a hideout they could add a buy tab similar to what console has now. No leaving maps for every item, you just go to the trade tab when you are back from your map. And vice versa the buyer places his offer and goes on mapping.

Why would this be immensely QoL but also much needed for console?
1. Party invite OFTEN does not work for Console players means you are forced to restart your game.
2. Having no direct player interaction means Console players can stay in private mode for trade
3. No direct player contact means no need for typing, this is much needed as typing out long text on console is a horrible experience and takes forever.
4. semi automation the process of picking out the wanted items reduces the chance for human error or blatant scamming attempts.
Last edited by MaxW81 on Aug 19, 2022, 6:01:11 AM
Why not just make a Trade Board cross platform instead of running a 3rd party website? Seems ridiculous to me. And while we are at it, why not let me accept an offer while I'm in a map? I've lost to many sales because I didn't just leave a map and hit accept. Or better yet, just let people instant purchase items off AH? It's so damn frustrating when you finally find an item that completes your build but you have to wait all day for the guy to come back from AFK hoping he accepts it instead of denying it or someone else bought it instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info