Soul Mantle Ridiculously OP?

"
BearCares wrote:
"
pvtchaos wrote:
Half the people here dont know zip what theyre talking about and never had a pure totem build.
Totems are not invulnerable, you recast them alot. Casting a 6L totem also happens to consume tons of mana and goodluck with lifeleech when a rhoa pack is charging at your totems.

Better make an unique with extra totem life and totems that can evade incoming rhoa charges.

My first post states that this chest shines best NOT as a pure totem build, this chest is best for throwing over the shoulders of a normal DPS caster especially Low Life where even the totem damage is gonna get boosted by redbeak/righteous fire whatever u want. You may say that's risky but after hundreds of hours with Low Life build playing i have to say that once you get max resists even in chaos Low Life doesn't quite feel so risky anymore.

Anyway I always used 1 totem with my Low Life build and when ur DPS is super high + dat Low Life bear trap support the totems hardly ever go down by force. And recasting them can be accopanyied by taking anti curse flasks. People keep mentioning rhoas but I mean rhoas are just bear trap food. You can also use icewall to protect your totems.

There is no downside to this armor if you build ur character and play it correctly. Maybe a higher skill cap to playing the game but once you get past that this is the most GG chest I've seen. Maybe not for PvP but for running maps yup IMO

i give up noobs gonna noob if you really believe you can keep up your flasks vs totemrecast death out of time you will have a bad time you wont always crit once you are out of charges you have to fight for 1 charge just to get rid of one curse

no granites no resi just mana warding flasks

i spam my lvl 19 decoytotem in maps considering how fast it dies a lvl 14 totem wont last even a fraction of that time

he lost me at the part rhoas are coutered with beartrap seriously ?

unplayable in hc its more like a practice league toy

https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Apr 13, 2013, 4:55:14 AM
someone mentioned that the curses gts reflected with the shield

does that also stack to 8?
For those who say that the chest is not OP because of the curses thing, you just use flasks with curse immunity mod, problem solved.
"
ventiman wrote:
"
BearCares wrote:
"
pvtchaos wrote:
Half the people here dont know zip what theyre talking about and never had a pure totem build.
Totems are not invulnerable, you recast them alot. Casting a 6L totem also happens to consume tons of mana and goodluck with lifeleech when a rhoa pack is charging at your totems.

Better make an unique with extra totem life and totems that can evade incoming rhoa charges.

My first post states that this chest shines best NOT as a pure totem build, this chest is best for throwing over the shoulders of a normal DPS caster especially Low Life where even the totem damage is gonna get boosted by redbeak/righteous fire whatever u want. You may say that's risky but after hundreds of hours with Low Life build playing i have to say that once you get max resists even in chaos Low Life doesn't quite feel so risky anymore.

Anyway I always used 1 totem with my Low Life build and when ur DPS is super high + dat Low Life bear trap support the totems hardly ever go down by force. And recasting them can be accopanyied by taking anti curse flasks. People keep mentioning rhoas but I mean rhoas are just bear trap food. You can also use icewall to protect your totems.

There is no downside to this armor if you build ur character and play it correctly. Maybe a higher skill cap to playing the game but once you get past that this is the most GG chest I've seen. Maybe not for PvP but for running maps yup IMO

i give up noobs gonna noob if you really believe you can keep up your flasks vs totemrecast death out of time you will have a bad time you wont always crit once you are out of charges you have to fight for 1 charge just to get rid of one curse

no granites no resi just mana warding flasks

i spam my lvl 19 decoytotem in maps considering how fast it dies a lvl 14 totem wont last even a fraction of that time

he lost me at the part rhoas are coutered with beartrap seriously ?

unplayable in hc its more like a practice league toy

someone disagrees with u so u insult them nice where is the ignore button gotta find that button u don't have anything to say I want to hear
"
Except that Hyrri's Ire is still shitty if you already have acrobatics. By the time you get there you'll have both forms of acrobatics, but Hyrri's won't provide any benefit over and above that.

If they make the acrobatics keystone on the chestpiece a flat +20% more chance to dodge instead, or even more, then it would be a good chest to have.

edited for clarifications.

Wholeheartedly agree, some buff is definitly needed.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
"
wooli wrote:
someone mentioned that the curses gts reflected with the shield

does that also stack to 8?

The curses will not stack unless you have a mod that has 'enemies can suffer X additional curse'.

But you'll still suffer the curse landing on you. It does not stop the curse from affecting you.

Come to think of it though, I'm not sure if it can stack at all, additional curses or no. Can anybody with both uniques and dual curse do an experiment to see if it works?
1337 21gn17ur3
Last edited by ExiledToWraeclast on Apr 13, 2013, 6:41:39 AM
OP? I still have doubts this chest is even usable. It's been confirmed by devs that the curse works like map curses (not permanent though). Can stack and can't be removed by warding flasks.
"
Except that Hyrri's Ire is still shitty if you already have acrobatics. By the time you get there you'll have both forms of acrobatics, but Hyrri's won't provide any benefit over and above that.

If they make the acrobatics keystone on the chestpiece a flat +20% more chance to dodge instead, or even more, then it would be a good chest to have.

edited for clarifications.

Was a joke :)
"
Mystrl wrote:
OP? I still have doubts this chest is even usable. It's been confirmed by devs that the curse works like map curses (not permanent though). Can stack and can't be removed by warding flasks.

This is the way it should work IMO. Only 1 curse at a time, but warding flasks can't remove it.

However someone posted in the thread saying they had tested it and you can stack all the curses.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Just prove it.
Buy the damm chest, roll a decent 70+ map and show us the video that this build is viable in soloplay.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info