Soul Mantle Ridiculously OP?

you didn't know they existed because until about 12 hours ago they didn't lol

Just sold this robe (5 sockteds no link) for 3 exalted on HC to a witch level 80.
"
BearCares wrote:

2. This chest takes a ferocious dump all over Tabula Whatsitsface because the free spell totem support effectively turns a 5-L into a 6-L chest! And yes, a 6-L into a 7-Link!! Even considering that Blank Slate has white sockets, it also gives 0 protection while this chest at least gives a MODEST amount of shield. Just enough to save you from getting one shot by a random spell or projectile that Blank Slate wouldn't have and save you tons of time making up lost experience.

Tabula rasa spawns as a white 6link though, which is most of its purpose, a cheap 6-link. Have fun trying to get a 6link soul mantle with the right colours.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
forlane wrote:

Just sold this robe (5 sockteds no link) for 3 exalted on HC to a witch level 80.

lols that was me...just sold it off to someone else

had i known the curses stack, would never have touched that thing

1 curse is fine, but stacking 8 curses is just death

glad i got to test it though and if price ever goes into the 5 chaos range, id snipe one just to hold onto in case they ever come out with a "immune to curse" unique....which would make the chest insanely legit and OP as fuck
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
forlane wrote:

That.. this interests me. Especially since it appears the curses trigger ANY time a totem dies. This includes casting another totem further ahead and replacing a totem further back.

I still think it will get used. I used to run dual totem with summons. The summons take away a lot of the danger of being curses.

In addition, I would love to see a screenshot of somebody with every curse in the book stacked on them.

Last edited by TadaceAce on Apr 12, 2013, 1:46:25 PM
"
TadaceAce wrote:
"
forlane wrote:

That.. this interests me. Especially since it appears the curses trigger ANY time a totem dies. This includes casting another totem further ahead and replacing a totem further back.

I still think it will get used. I used to run dual totem with summons. The summons take away a lot of the danger of being curses.

In addition, I would love to see a screenshot of somebody with every curse in the book stacked on them.

i was testing in laboratory and each time the totem is replaced, let alone dies, you become cursed...i managed to get 8 curses to stack at once and im in a map where things kill your totems fast enough where you are spamming, having as many curses on at most times would be pretty common...

in my opinion, this item is kinda useless in hardcore unless they come out with a curse immunity item...in which itll be worth a ton

a 6L chest would be, in my opinion, best in slot for any totem/hybrid user if they ever did come out with a curse immunity item

till then, would never dream of doing maps with crit , temp chains, ele weakness, vulnerability and other curses stacked on....kiss of death

Last edited by eebertay on Apr 12, 2013, 5:38:09 PM
"
BearCares wrote:
"
Auxion wrote:
I'm not a big fan of these uniques coming out that make Keystones irrelevant.

Shavronnes - CI
Soul Mantle - Ancestral
Lionseye - Resolute
Bloodseeker - Vaal pact

etc

There is a difference between Soul Mantle and the other uniques. Soul Mantle's ability is actually BETTER than the Keystone. It's not simply a substitute, it's an enhancement! But not only that, you have the option of stacking part of it's ability with the keystone!

That's why I am thinking it's OP.

Except for you know...the part where it not only makes you a lot squishier than getting a good ES chest as well as the fact that you will be basically perma-cursed (often more than one at a time). These are huuuge defensive drawbacks.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
BearCares wrote:
"
Auxion wrote:
I'm not a big fan of these uniques coming out that make Keystones irrelevant.

Shavronnes - CI
Soul Mantle - Ancestral
Lionseye - Resolute
Bloodseeker - Vaal pact

etc

There is a difference between Soul Mantle and the other uniques. Soul Mantle's ability is actually BETTER than the Keystone. It's not simply a substitute, it's an enhancement! But not only that, you have the option of stacking part of it's ability with the keystone!

That's why I am thinking it's OP.

Except for you know...the part where it not only makes you a lot squishier than getting a good ES chest as well as the fact that you will be basically perma-cursed (often more than one at a time). These are huuuge defensive drawbacks.

i had about 7k ES with the chest on and if i pushed to replace my shield, i could probably get about 8k

lack of ES isnt the problem with the chest, stackable curses is a huge turn off...

kinda like dating a girl who doesnt swallow.

wtf?
Ridiculously OP drawbacks, maybe.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Will be intresting to see whats the drawback on the next +number of totems item is, if it something as severe, it's gonna be heck of fun trying to figure out a build that can go for 4 totems without dying all the time:)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info