Soul Mantle Ridiculously OP?

This item basically neglects the old nerf to dual-totems.
Stupid decision from devs
Last edited by mobutu on Apr 12, 2013, 3:35:24 AM
I'm not a big fan of these uniques coming out that make Keystones irrelevant.

Shavronnes - CI
Soul Mantle - Ancestral
Lionseye - Resolute
Bloodseeker - Vaal pact

etc
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
Last edited by Auxion on Apr 12, 2013, 4:11:21 AM
"
Auxion wrote:

Shavronnes - CI
Soul Mantle - Ancestral
Lionseye - Resolute
Bloodseeker - Vaal pact

etc

im a fan of those items though, because it allows u to build charcs with specific builds which are otherwise impossible with the number of passives u have.

although i'll have to say shavs n lionseye are both considerably OP.
WTS Tons of good stuff : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/379249
WTB Godly MF witch gear : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346658
Paying VERY well, just let me know if u have upgrades for me
You forgot:

But anyways, covenant I suppose is the unique you chance when your unlucky and soul mantle is the one you chance when your on a RNG winning streak.
Already kinda diggin' the concept. Found my new build goal:

Witch. Skip left side of passive tree. Go right into shadow and Build Crit/Mult centric.

Save the stretch down the right side to build Crit Mult last. That'll bring the points down to something more manageable.

Chest:
Ethereal Knives > Cast Speed > Faster Proj > Added Fire Damage > Fork/Chain > Life Leech

Life leech compensates for low totem HP. Might be able to use Life Gain on Hit in place if the Leech doesn't happen fast enough. Needs testing.

Main Skill:
Whatever you want, it just needs to build power charges. May need Proj Speed Wand since slots are limited.
Ex: Ethereal Knives > Power Charge on Crit > Mana Leech > Life Leech

Auras:
Hatred, Clarity, Discipline
(Totems don't get Auras, but they use your Stats. Unsure if they will gain the effect since it is on you. Needs confirmation.)

Blood Rage should get you Frenzy Charges. Frenzy could prob be slotted in Emergencies?

Anyways, you get the idea.
"
Auxion wrote:

Shavronnes - CI
Soul Mantle - Ancestral
Lionseye - Resolute
Bloodseeker - Vaal pact

etc

There is a difference between Soul Mantle and the other uniques. Soul Mantle's ability is actually BETTER than the Keystone. It's not simply a substitute, it's an enhancement! But not only that, you have the option of stacking part of it's ability with the keystone!

That's why I am thinking it's OP.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
HoockBr wrote:
With Ancestral bond, will my max toten will be 3 or still be 2 with that robe?
1 + 1 + 1 = 3

And to pre-empt what I'm sure will be an upcoming question, these curses are like the ones from maps in that they're additional curses, and thus don't count towards the limits of curses that things can put on you. A monster can still curse you on top of any/all curses you get from this.

yeah its awesome to get cursed by a lvl 20 temp chain in hc in a map combined with the loss of

3/4 es you could have on a chest and all those other curses you get if iam right the curses are cumulative

basicly you need to have it 6l

you have to have 5 flasks with remove curse

and you need to compensate the es

the one thats sellign right now is a bad example its at 5ex cause its 5l

iam pretty sure in hc it wont be expensive 1 max 2 ex its plain suicide to use one just for a 3rd totem and neglect so many defenses
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Apr 12, 2013, 6:37:20 AM
Its garbage in maps because you won't be able to sustain your Warding flasks at a constant rate and a level 14 totem in a level 70+ map is going to get annihilated. You also won't have the ability to port to town at will because you know..6 portals only.

And if you won't believe me, I run with two sporkers on the top 100 HC. I know how much their totems get recasted. A. Lot.

I also wouldn't trade my Heat Flask out for anything, so you're down to 4 slots of Warding Flasks. Assuming you use at best scenario, 4 Ample Hallowed Flasks of Warding. Each Flask gives you ~32 (4*8) seconds of curse immunity. To sustain this, you need to kill + move to the next pack faster than the flasks end bearing in mind you don't have a Quicksilver Flask due to the need to carry a Heat one.

You also need to figure out how to stop the Flask from expiring due to full life/mana because you lose the Warding effect once the Flask ends. It also means you lose the ability to use Seething and Bubbling Flasks which are all too important in maps.

Don't simply assume an item is overpowered. The drawbacks are obvious and you need to itemize accordingly. Not as OP as some of you are thinkings because flasks are some of the most important things you will have on your bar.
Disclaimer:

This build may cause severe Character dying in Hardcore

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAP0C4welD8QQexEvFLAV1xXnFr8W8xzcJjwrCiymLL8tHy-dN2Y3gzlSOjA7fDvhRwZJskyzTm1QMFZjWAdapl3yXvpfKmNDbRlwUnDVc7N0VXzOf8aCEIauh9uLeow2j_qTJ5maoqOm66crtMW297jKvDe-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDbdVP14bbGtte2-fcx95337Di9-OE6rrrY-vk7Bjwa_Lh8-r1S_yru9ZXKwdjc1MRUOaBtAxGcZUgKPrr7riTDH0Qf8aeAv7fhELDBbWNv1FHMwz-KxnV_94karg3hEg8jgFvV8k0Cg==

Dual Ice Spear Totem ( without Ancestral Bond) you would also get a Tarens Shiver and basically would cast 2 Ice Spear Totem in addition to that you could cast Freeze Pulse or Coldsnap your self. When encountering reflect you would not cast yourself ofc. But ya the lose of a good ES Chest and a shield would make you very fragile.

Edit: you could get Ghost Reaver too if you wanna use life leech gem and dont yolo it as hard
Last edited by Kamro on Apr 12, 2013, 8:08:54 AM
"
Auxion wrote:

Shavronnes - CI
Soul Mantle - Ancestral
Lionseye - Resolute
Bloodseeker - Vaal pact

etc

I kind of like it actually, gives a few ways to create builds - although I do think that there needs to be some more effort into making then not an obvious 'best in slot' - there needs to be a downside so that there is a trade off for relying on the item instead of the keystone.

Also, with Shavronnes - it's not a replacement for CI, and it also enables a new build type - low life builds, which were really not a viable option before due to chaos ripping apart players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info