Soul Mantle Ridiculously OP?

Thread necros!
1 year old thread.
@UP
And? Has anything changed in this year about Soul Mantle? No, so it's still good subject to talk about.

Shackles idea is interesting. However it needs a lot of practice in micromanaging. So far my tasks are
1. Put Temp chains
2. Put ele weakness
3. Throw 2x searing bond totems here and there.
4. Throw lighning warp totem to shock and place bond more effective.
And between all of those i spam freeze mine if enemies are too fast or too strong.

Putting shackes in this list not only complicates the gameplay a little more, but what is most important takes precious time if totems will be dying quickly.
But nevertheless its some idea.

Flasks are good but quite problematic with bosses.

Overall i think ill just leave SM for farming and gem lvling. For exping, maps and bosses i will have to use something else.
Last edited by doman18 on Mar 25, 2014, 4:40:18 AM
"
doman18 wrote:

Shackles idea is interesting. However it needs a lot of practice in micromanaging. So far my tasks are
1. Put Temp chains
2. Put ele weakness
And between all of those i spam freeze mine if enemies are too fast or too strong.

Lol, why your build needs to do so many actions? I just put 3 Spork totems and everything dies in a couple seconds. Sometimes I cast Conductivity.
"
doman18 wrote:
@UP
And? Has anything changed in this year about Soul Mantle? No, so it's still good subject to talk about.

1. Put Temp chains
2. Put ele weakness

Putting shackes in this list not only complicates the gameplay a little more, but what is most important takes precious time if totems will be dying quickly.
But nevertheless its some idea.

Flasks are good but quite problematic with bosses.

Overall i think ill just leave SM for farming and gem lvling. For exping, maps and bosses i will have to use something else.

'Overall i think ill just leave SM for farming and gem lvling. For exping, maps and bosses i will have to use something else.'

thats exactly what im going to do with it also. going to use it when i run my rarity setup with low-life wondertrap.

to be fair though, curses are a pretty quick cast, and even qucker with faster-casting.
for those who want to try it, the shackles idea isnt convenient for sure, but neither is having a lvl 20 curse casted on you when your totems die!
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Thief's Torment yet. I'm assuming it does work with this item, correct? At least with that ring the curses won't be suicidal any more, and I imagine at that point you could just use a curse-removing flask on those few that would murder you even at half potency.

Lazy I-Didn't-Search question: If multiple totems die, do you get multiple curses? Or does the newest curse overwrite the previous curse granted by Soul Mantle?
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:

Lazy I-Didn't-Search question: If multiple totems die, do you get multiple curses? Or does the newest curse overwrite the previous curse granted by Soul Mantle?

Multiple curses. You have to use at least one curse-removing flask with Soul Mantle, especially if you get slowed down, which is usually the worst that can happen in my opinion.
I belive I am actualy able to cast all courses on me with that mantle, :). Soul mantle is a big joke, Someone said its OP, and I say bueheheh its most crapy item in game, even with 20/20 totem and all points in tree spend to empower totems, they live about 1-2 sec on lvls75+ ,maps with full pt, so Yeah try to go to atziri with that totem build and soul mantle:) just dont forget to get enough courses to be OP:). There is actualy 3 unique op items : Crown of Eyes, Shavronne's Wrappings and Soul Taker.Thats it
The real virtue of soul mantle is that you have a dirt cheap 5link that is stronger than an actual 5link and costs you 1 chaos.

If you're just starting out in a league and have yet to build any significant currency, Soul Mantle is an underrated godsend. It's a bit annoying to have to flask constantly, but you can roll three quicksilver flasks of warding and then the down side of soul mantle becomes 100% curse immunity, which is actually extremely powerful.

Then, you get yourself a 5L or 6L and eventually use that. Soul Mantle's incredible value for it's price cannot be overstated. If you get one that's 6L, that's effectively a 7L -and- an extra totem, and you're making yourself curse immune anyways. GG.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info