3.18.0b Hotfix 1

Great, these all look like nerfs to the "overtuned" rare mobs. But please answer, how does this fix how and why these mods were implemented de facto into the game in the first place?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
moozooh wrote:
Please remove Effigy completely. It's the most anti-fun mechanic in the game.

Player has no agency when and where it spawns. It's impossible to see it in a sea of enemies like in Heist or Ritual. If the monster also has a bunch of damage reduction mods, it may not even be a matter of noticing it in time.

Hardcore leagues become meaningless when there is no strategic counterplay to this mod. In Archnemesis, the player chose when to spawn it. Now, they don't—they can experience it whenever, and die instantly (oh, okay, "after 2 seconds") if they prioritize a different monster instead or if they choose to run past or something before they realize what just happened.

It's not clever, it's not "hard", it's got no place in the game. In the near-decade of playing PoE I've never seen anything so outrageously idiotic. It's worse than the old reflect because you could always compensate for that with build and gearing decisions and such. Not this time.

You've removed Necrovigil, Phylacteral Link, and old reflect mod because you realized they weren't fun, changed Volatiles and DD to be well-telegraphed and feasible to dodge to make skill a factor in dealing with them. This mechanic, however, is quite possibly the worst offender thus far, because all it takes for the player to die is for one monster to spawn it and another dozen or so standing nearby to attack it. The player has barely any say in what happens; the monsters decide it between themselves. It is not a matter of skill; it's a matter of luck.

Please remove it. I only play on HC because I don't find SC fun, and I refuse to come back to the game until Effigy is removed completely.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Just remove them from all previous League content. Keep them on generic rares in Maps and Campaign.

Or just remove them, it was a bad idea in the first place.
Can we have the original release back as a private league mod?

After experiencing how much fun the campaign was on day 1, the thought of doing it with training wheels on again is really miserable.

Encountering the odd monster that actually (shock horror) made you think and react made the campaign fun for the first time in I don't know how long.
Le Toucan Will Return
Me and others would like to see rares give more rewards still, specifically the rarer/harder mods.

They are still a little low. Not asking for a scourge style quant buff, but a little boost might be good enough to push things good.
outside of ailment immunities and mechanic/debuff blocking(say leech), here are my main problems still, please consider removing those immunities and swapping with a moderately high less modifier(say 50-70%) in their place(for leech make it say nearby enemies leech X% less life)

Splinterer - remember 4 extra proj gauntlet? This is fine in a vacuum, it becomes a problem when stacking with other archnem mods or what monster it shows up on.

Deadeye - 60% less damage taken if hasn't been hit recently... so what about builds that don't hit? please consider adjusting to be for against hits only.

Assassin - takes roughly 1/3 of the damage from crit builds(still seems rather high, can't test as not playing crit build yet this league, my main question is... why is a stealthy killer getting such a large damage reduction)... teleport needs a longer CD(say 4 seconds)

rejuvenating - .. why does this block our recovery, its a healing NOVA, if should do nothing to us at best. Have not tested to see how it feels yet from the nerf but it just feels wrong to me.

executioner - life recovery killing is terrible, please remove, 50% life might as well be 1 life with the damage mobs do.

Drought bringer - would be nicer if this was on hit with a CD instead of just nearby, still need to find a monster with this to test how it feels post patch.
"
Invulnerable: Can no longer appear on Magic Monsters, or Rare Monsters that aren't part of a Monster Pack (such as those spawned in Blight encounters). We plan to review this modifier further and make it more similar to the Benevolent Guardian Nemesis modifier.
Reduced the number of Magic and Rare Monster that can spawn in Ritual Encounters. The amount of Tribute granted by Rare and Magic Monsters has been increased to compensate for this change.

We used to have invulnerable mobs some time ago and you removed them for performance and gameplay reasons. So great, let's put them back in. Nothing better than finding a pack of 60 mobs with "you cannot be killed" and the main mob no where to be found. It's fine, skip it, it would only have dropped 5 Wisdom Scrolls instead of 4 based on risk/reward improved loot, right?

So your answer is to nerf the entire point of an atlas passive to add more magic and rare packs for better loot (portal and wisdom scrolls no doubt). This is insanity. Rather than making the mods something the player can deal with, the answer is to just reduce their frequency of appearance.

Tell me you don't understand your game without telling me you don't understand your game.

You are so insistent that trash mobs be the main content and not boss encounters. Absolutely mind blowing.
Could we have a noise for the toxic and magma barrier projectiles? Just enough that I know something is going to come up and gank me from offscreen?
I love you guys
I must confess.. every patch I FEAR what you're going to do with your already good (for now) game.
I had the time of my life boss rushing previous league, was it too rewarding? Just nerf the rewards somehow, this is your job, not mine. We're not children for you to tell us how we should have fun over and over.
Now that archnem mobs.... lol
you really trying to cripple your game for what seems.
Last edited by bewer on May 16, 2022, 11:23:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info