whats ur strats atlas tree now? what u think best/worst node? what dissapointer u and what bugged?

Yea, this one is very annoying and I am not sure why it still persists.
Expedition stuff has been a major disappointment.

I got almost all Exped points in Atlas passives (missing some small dynamite thing), been runnin maps from tier 1 to 15 and by level 92 I have gotten zero logbooks. In maps I always try to put dynamite near "more logbooks" and "+ rarity" and still nothing.

At this point even heist is starting to look more tempting. And btw, grand heist blueprints have been dropping even during campaign.
"
Crossfader wrote:
Expedition stuff has been a major disappointment.

I got almost all Exped points in Atlas passives (missing some small dynamite thing), been runnin maps from tier 1 to 15 and by level 92 I have gotten zero logbooks. In maps I always try to put dynamite near "more logbooks" and "+ rarity" and still nothing.

At this point even heist is starting to look more tempting. And btw, grand heist blueprints have been dropping even during campaign.

ye but from start of T13+ BP stop drops or drops aloooooor lesser... with nodes ofc

dunno why its so bad heist nodes

whats best combo so far?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Lots of you are doing things the wrong way, basically focusing on one thing without much sinergy with other nodes.

Stuff like Abyss are for either focusing Abyss particular items or mob filler used either for plain xp gain or $$ in combination wirh rare mob curency node, Beyond and quant for currency drops.
So I've been running these:
- all abyss nodes (except the one that gives 20% for rare item to drop with socket)
- strongbox nodes
- harbinger nodes
- Elder/shaper nodes
- searing exharh
- 2 beyond nodes
- couple map/kirac nodes
- sextants node
- 20+20% influenced pack size
And some minor things along the way

I run these scarabs:
- polished abyss (1c)
- rusted harb (2-3c)
- rusted carto (0.5c)
- rusted breach (0.3c)
- Map itself

I also always use +1 abyss from sextants (6c for 4uses) and FFB. My total invest to map is ~7-8c/map.

I can say - mob density is insane, I got so much mobs and stuff in maps it's crazy. Maybe once I finish this char to 100 (abysses exp go brrrr) - I might respec some of the tree to try out some other stuff.
I run mostly the center and right parts of the Atlas skill tree. Currently running:

- Essences
- Strongboxes
- Expedition
- Harbinger
- Heist
- Incursion

and the Conquerer/Shaper/Elder/Eater of Worlds stuff.

The most directly visible and fun results for me are Essences and (operative) Strongboxes. The other stuff feels also impactful but the rewards are somewhat less visible (although Expedition haggling already brought me multiple Ex).

When I'm done with the Eater of Worlds, I'm gonna go for the left side (Exarch) and switch to Beasts/Delirium.
With expedition, I feel like the big expedition wheel isn't worth the points - I'm now running the 2 small expedition wheels and it feels like an efficient investment.

Otherwise, I run full delirium, strongboxes, ritual, and splash alva/expedition/map drops.

In terms of how well things worked for me, I tried the shaper/elder star but got pissed how the rest of the tree doesn't work on those maps. I tried shrines, but never got anything worthwhile and the planned combo with delirium didn't really work out. Harbingers also turned to be a major disappointment for me.

So far, delirium is by far and wide the MVP of the atlas, and that's with the league mechanic not at all comboing with delirium.

Also, I run the eater influence and tried the passives, but never felt like they did anything for me.
Last edited by Xyel on Feb 21, 2022, 7:19:12 AM
"
Xyel wrote:
With expedition, I feel like the big expedition wheel isn't worth the points - I'm now running the 2 small expedition wheels and it feels like an efficient investment.

Otherwise, I run full delirium, strongboxes, ritual, and splash alva/expedition/map drops.

In terms of how well things worked for me, I tried the shaper/elder star but got pissed how the rest of the tree doesn't work on those maps. I tried shrines, but never got anything worthwhile and the planned combo with delirium didn't really work out. Harbingers also turned to be a major disappointment for me.

So far, delirium is by far and wide the MVP of the atlas, and that's with the league mechanic not at all comboing with delirium.

Also, I run the eater influence and tried the passives, but never felt like they did anything for me.

I kindly have to disagree.

Firstly, with the last patch the atlas also works for shaper-guardian maps. It has always worked for Elder-Guardian-Maps as they are part of the atlas (refraining from "boss-kill"-effects as there are no bosses due to elder taking them). I can 100% guarantee that cause this is all I am running when it comes to maps. And in terms of effectiveness: I see Simulacrums at 0.5ex, and facing how much time investment is needed to run a full juiced map to pull out an entire one, I honestly do not see good value in that anymore. There has been one basic principle for currency-gains in PoE for a very long time: Do what others do not do, and then you get way better margins/results.

Right now I am fully specced into the star at the top, and in Maven, rotating between 8 Maps (4x shaper, 4x elder) into 2 invitations. In those 8 Maps I get due to an aggressive roll of the invitations (80quant+) 1,2 mavens writs, therefore 1.2exalts - not counting all the shaper- and elder-fragments, additonal map-drops or anything else. I also get the expedition stuff which comes down to 30-40c per map in average, I had maps with more than 1.5ex expedition value. Essences ofc, as those are just too strong to be ignored in terms of additional currency.

I then grind out elder + shaper with all the fragments I farmed myself, getting Orbs of Dominance from time to time from shaper (1.5ex) as well as watchers eyes from elder (1.5ex unident), and the strategy still does not stop there, because from all the uber-elder-fragments I collect like this I frun sets of those as well for unident ilvl86 watchers eyes (5ex). While on the maps I also infuse them with Sulphite next to expedition, which are in terms of cost SO low its unbelievable, while the price for primitive resonators is growing since 10 days now, in bulk its 1.5c/piece. Since Kurgal is one of the needed challenges as well as delve-bosses in general, I am also able to sell boss-witnesses, while also selling doryanis macinarium at an all-time-high as well as unident auls uprising for 7ex.

I have never had such insane farming, like this I am hitting - if I really focus down and blast - 6ex per hour and more. Last saturday I played for 9 hours, making 70ex at the end of the day. Anyone still going into delirium is really not checking how the market prices of simulacrums is dropping - it´s a huge waste of time and only looks good at the screen, but not on paper.

We´re 2 weeks in, and I have 150ex put in my character as well as another 200ex in the bank already, waiting to fund my new character once I hit 350. Even divine-farming is more profitable than deli-splinter-farming at this point.
Last edited by Vennto on Feb 22, 2022, 9:55:32 AM
For me:
- Heist. Most of the nodes just affect heist currency/contracts - I've got lots of currency/contracts, but I've only seen 2 blueprints. Maybe blueprints start dropping more after T13, otherwise these nodes stink.
- expeditions. Logbooks started to drop ~T13 for me, before that expeditions were rather underwhelming. But, when logbooks start dropping, the nodes on the big wheel became rather 'meh' (as most of that doesn't affect logbook expeditions).
- harvest. Does what it says on the tin. Starts off very useful, becomes a bit meh at T13, probably gets better later.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:

I kindly have to disagree.

Firstly, with the last patch the atlas also works for shaper-guardian maps. It has always worked for Elder-Guardian-Maps as they are part of the atlas (refraining from "boss-kill"-effects as there are no bosses due to elder taking them). I can 100% guarantee that cause this is all I am running when it comes to maps. And in terms of effectiveness: I see Simulacrums at 0.5ex, and facing how much time investment is needed to run a full juiced map to pull out an entire one, I honestly do not see good value in that anymore. There has been one basic principle for currency-gains in PoE for a very long time: Do what others do not do, and then you get way better margins/results.

Delirium isn't so much about splinters now, but about the delirium map drop - running delirium maps with all passives is borderline self-sustaining, and the chance to spawn additional rewards works on deli maps, which drops a lot of stuff on top of all other map juice/mechanics.

I mean, it's probably not a top farming strategy, but it's low effort and high fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info