Freeze Mine

That'd be because it cannot Crit, just like Incinerate, which also doesn't show a Crit Chance it doesn't have. :p
"
Vipermagi wrote:
That'd be because it cannot Crit, just like Incinerate, which also doesn't show a Crit Chance it doesn't have. :p

it might be so

but in case of Incinerate the INITIAL chance to crit is 0. but using Crit Weakness you can raise it to positive values and Incinerate CAN crit (link it with PCoC and check yourself - but give it a long burst, rng can be brutal with crits too)
I know that. What I do not know is the relevance of Crit Weakness. Freeze Mine has 0% Chance to Crit, and Incin shows that it's intentionally not listed when that is the case.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 12, 2014, 5:41:26 PM
This skill with prolif still trivialize any boss. At least if you have a party, that is.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Jan 16, 2014, 12:51:04 PM
Can anyone tell me how the new freeze mine stacks up against the old non-damaging one in terms of freeze duration? Seems like added cold damage would be nice now as there is a multiplier (freeze based off xxx% of cold damage).
Beyond league.
I'm assuming you can now link it with cold penetration as well as concentrated effect, leading to a very long freeze if you can afford the hit to the prolif aoe.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Feb 1, 2014, 10:28:23 PM
Mark just updated his radius post in the mechanics thread to include freeze mine. the base radius is 16.

it's important to know a skill radius because increased AOE will only upgrade it at even integer values, and it always rounds down. that means that with a spell whose base radius is 10, like righteous fire, you will get no benefit at all from 9% increase aoe, but the radius will hit a breakpoint at 10% and upgrade to 11 radius
Does linking FM with Trap support gem would make me able to place the mine farther?
I was discussing with a friend that he could increase damage (and therefore the freeze duration) and also his effective range this way, and maybe adding the Sunblast belt too.
Doesn't seem to work with trap, unfortunately.
"
markell wrote:
Does linking FM with Trap support gem would make me able to place the mine farther?
I was discussing with a friend that he could increase damage (and therefore the freeze duration) and also his effective range this way, and maybe adding the Sunblast belt too.

Mines can throw traps or summon totems, but never the other way around, so you could have a mine that throws a Fire Trap when detonated, but you could never have a trap that lays a Freeze Mine when triggered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info