Freeze Mine

Yeah, PLEASE reverse and make the mine drop at your feet again. The new mechanic is just annoying like hell! I figure this change went into the game when the new cyclone was implemented?

Hard to tell since its not mentioned in any patchnotes.
IGN: COCBOYbEaUtY
No one else find this annoying?

RIP MINES.
IGN: COCBOYbEaUtY
Freeze mine icon is confused. freeze mine icon is never needing spell icon. please freeze mine icon is needing landmine icon.
Last edited by uMmdzCwtBD on Jun 25, 2015, 2:26:40 AM
The actual Freezing is done via a Spell. Scales with Spell Damage and everything. I'd say it's not entirely inappropriate :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 8, 2015, 6:29:04 AM
"
DARKFVADER wrote:
Yeah, PLEASE reverse and make the mine drop at your feet again. The new mechanic is just annoying like hell! I figure this change went into the game when the new cyclone was implemented?

Hard to tell since its not mentioned in any patchnotes.

"
DARKFVADER wrote:
No one else find this annoying?

RIP MINES.

Everyone rejoice! Based on my impressions there is a high probability that freeze mine will be reverted back to it's old state of being dropped at your feet upon activation.

I can now see the reasoning for the previous change to it making you travel to your cursor. It allows you to have the flexibility of you being able to drop it at your feet by holding shift or travel to your cursor location. But, the skill is made overall way more awkward because there is practically 0 reason you would want the travel to cursor location functionality.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
I HATE FREEZE MINE, always wasting time running to cursor WTF

Please make it drop at your current location, it currently sucks balls ~_~

*reads above comments* i guess people just dont bother with feedback, too much hassle & i guess u were wrong, they never changed it back =_=

anyway steam forums are more accessible imo, maybe they should make a feedback section there? i had to google search & found this topic o_0
Last edited by morrello on Sep 23, 2015, 7:00:34 PM
"
morrello wrote:
I HATE FREEZE MINE, always wasting time running to cursor WTF

Please make it drop at your current location, it currently sucks balls ~_~

If you hold down "shift" you drop it at your current location, no matter where your cursor is.
So now that controlled destruction exists, I decided to make a righteous fire freeze mine character to get some multipliers for this thing. long story short it sucks.
Even when freezing as if doing 4.9x the damage, it only freezes for a bit more than Freezing Pulse. Except with one of these skills, you can spam at consistent rates, have flexible range, can also choose to scale with crit, doesn't require extreme investment into a specific type of node, and have a mandatory build functional node called clever construction.

"
level 20 Freezing Pulse: 689 – 1034
level 20 Freeze Mine: 181 – 271 *4.9 = 886.9 - 1327.9

Pretty much the only redeeming factor of Freeze mine is that the base damage is so low, even with 50% damage effectiveness, added cold damage is a decent support, like a 34.6% more damage multiplier given no herald of ice or flat damage on weapons, when comparing with Freezing Pulse which already has unusually high damage effectiveness (but unusually high base damage), has a 22.7% more damage multiplier given similar conditions...

And blah blah blah all the usual mine problems exist, arm times, mandatory clever construction, high danger range or slow clear speed, etc.

Also since ele prolif is so bad, people permafreezing entire rooms isn't even possible anymore!
Does spell damage effect freeze mines damage? Like passive points and support gems.
Last edited by Tha_Know_How on Dec 19, 2016, 12:37:43 AM
"
Tha_Know_How wrote:
Does spell damage effect freeze mines damage? Like passive points and support gems.

Yep, it deals Spell Damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info